Range Trotter #2957 by Embergleam

Based on Click to view
Artist Embergleam [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #2957

Postby Embergleam » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:16 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Baby's first trotter adopt, let's go! Thank you to Hooves and the rest of the team for welcoming me aboard, I'm amped to start giving back to this wonderful community. <3

To win this stripy bean, tell me about the best gift you got this year! Christmas gift, birthday gift, just-because gift, anything goes. Tell me what it is, and then a bit about what makes it the best. The most interesting answer wins!

End Date: January 3rd, 2023

Username: MazBourne
Show Name: SR Charismatic Fever
Barn Name: Charlie

Height: 15.1 hh
Eye Color: Forest Depths
Phenotype: Sooty Dunskin Okapi
Genotype: Ee Aa Crcr DD Stysty OkpOkp

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]
Last edited by Embergleam on Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #2957

Postby m3owellie » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:29 pm

Username: vadaghost
Show Name: The Wonder Of Imagination
Barn Name: Ajabu
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: eggplant purple
Prompt: The best gift I received was a bracelet from my grandmother, it is copper cuff with a frog engraved on it from alaska. It's the best because it means a lot to be able to have something like that given to me, I am so extremely grateful to have gotten this gift.
m3owellie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MazBourne » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:02 am

Username: MazBourne
Height: 15.1hh
Halter Color: red
Prompt: my favourite gift of 2022 was inheriting my late grans mini JRT dog Trixie, I only had her for 4 weeks and two days before she followed her late owner but she was the best gift. She learned to become friends with my husky and learned to enjoy herself in a completely new setting. I miss her dearly but she was definitely my most treasured gift. My gran left her to me and I was honoured to be able to be there for them both 💕
Last edited by MazBourne on Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
MazBourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autosarcophagy » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:36 am

Username: Autosarcophagy
Show Name: Hunter's Moon
Barn Name: Ghost
Height: 15.0 hh
Halter Color: Artist's Choice!
Prompt: For Christmas my boyfriend got me a necklace with individual links that resembled snake vertebrae, extending all the way around the necklace in one long unbroken spine. It's beautiful and very sentimental because vertebrae are by far my favorite bones and I've loved snakes for as long as I can remember. It was such a thoughtful gift and I take it with me everywhere because it reminds me of him. We're long distance at the moment but he still puts in so much effort to let me know that I am loved and cared for, it made Christmas this year so special haha
Dirk ↦ It/He ↦ "Memento Mori 000:00:00:00" ↦ ©

"Between the velvet lies
There's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies
Life's a never ending wheel."
Autosarcophagy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:29 am

MazBourne wrote:Username: MazBourne
Height: 15.1hh
Halter Color: red
Prompt: -snip-

Congratulations! I'm so glad Trixie had a safe place to land, and that you got to hold on to a piece of your grandmother a little while longer. <3 Enjoy your new stripey friend!
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me