Link by link, Yard by Yard.

"Link by link, Yard by Yard." by .froggie.

Dressup entry

Link by link, Yard by Yard.

Postby .froggie. » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:08 pm

""I wear the chain I forged in life,’ replied the Ghost. ‘I made it link by link, and yard by yard; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it.'" -Jacob Marley

In the 2009 version of Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol, the scene opens up with Ebenezer Scrooge steeling the two coins over Jacob Marly’s eyes…

In one tradition, it is thought that leaving two coins over the eyes of the dead allows them to pay the ferryman en route to the afterlife. Because of this tradition, some believe that because of Scrooge’s greed, he left his dear friend unable to pay the ferryman, thus, leaving him to become a restless spirit.

However, in the original 1843 story, this does not happen and Scrooge does not remove coins atop Marley’s eyes… Rather, the true reason Marley becomes a wandering spirit adorned with chains is a punishment for his greed and self-fulfilling life. Not wanting his friend to live the same, miserable eternity, he visits him providing a chance to turn around his selfish lifestyle and find the true meaning of generosity and humility through the help of three Christmas spirits.

It is a truly classic story of time-travel and Christmas spirit!

Hoarding 2020 Yagmur__________Hoarding 2022 Doglike__________ Hoarding 2021 Doglike

[6/300] STAFF DOGS_____STAFF DOGS [11/300]_____[5/300] STAFF DOGS

ImageImageImage
.froggie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me