Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Update on stuff :) by Kayara

Artist Kayara [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Update on stuff :)

Postby Kayara » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:58 pm

hello all,
it me and a non-commission drawing. 🤸🏻‍♀️✨

I'm at that point in one of my comms where I start thinking about what I'm going to say in this box when I post it. There's too much X') so I'll say some of the still interesting but kind of irrelevant thoughts somewhere else. I usually don't draw anything else using chickenPaint except what needs to be finished asap ya know, but I cut myself some slack because it's been months since I've used digital art to draw with the freedom to make it whatever I like. I saw someone draw a muscular fictional woman and thought, yeah, let's fill up the oekaki boards with that. Even though this gal is one for three of those things as far as we can see, I really enjoyed this. oWo Especially because I don't have to draw with a mouse, OH MY GOSH, 😩 stylus life is so much more forgiving. This drawing is probably one of the messiest things in my gallery this year because I usually try to clean up everything I post but I really decided to not care this time and it feels great to be satisfied with my effort even though it's doesn't have clean lines or neat shading...and I can see several other things that are just not right anatomically speaking but ah well hecc it

Anyway, I also still remember the consensus from my last follower check, a meet the artist I could probably do around this time next year, provided there's no commissions and I don't have to travel. As for the art trades, I'm still figuring out a way to put that around my commissions, like have it open during the off season of my arthshop, here and there during the school year or vice versus, during the summer, maybe.
Speaking of the art shop, my prices have increased because not only do y'all end up giving me that much anyway LOL I also realized thanks to some guidance that it was seriously underpriced eheh. Like sure, there's how much you think your art is worth to someone and that was pretty low but then there's how much time and effort you put in and that made me realize that raising the prices is okay and good for business in the long run, like 20c$ for a fullbody is kinda crazy, they take so long and I'm doing all I can to make it worth that 20c$. Maybe I'll get less full body orders but even if not then I don't have to feel a little sheepish about large tips. I really appreciate them 🥺🙏🏻 but maybe that wouldn't feel necessary is you guys felt sure about the price you already payed. Thank you for supporting me in that way, you guys are awesome. <3

So the most important piece of information is that the last two of the orders from mArCh- just let that sink it, are started and one is very nearly done. Just a psa UvU and the progress and details can be found here. It should be public.
I’m Kay, and I’m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|❤️❤️💖|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Update on stuff :)

Postby ♥ mizu » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:39 am

aaa kay!! i'm so happy that you're back!! :D

i've missed seeing your art on my oekaki feed, your pieces always cheer me up and there's always so much light in them (especially in the eyes, the way you draw eyes is always gorgeous omg). i'm really glad you increased your commission prices, you deserve so much more than 20 c$. your work is so beautiful and it's always obvious that you put so much effort and time into your art <3

(ps. this is stunning!! i love the warmth in this and, again, THE EYES!!! 💖💖)
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tuxedo Mask » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:23 am

Hey Kay ! I’m just glad your doing alright always miss your art and you know how much j love seeing y’all’s art
Tuxedo Mask

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kayara » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:02 am

♥ vibrissae wrote:aaa kay!! i'm so happy that you're back!! :D

i've missed seeing your art on my oekaki feed, your pieces always cheer me up and there's always so much light in them (especially in the eyes, the way you draw eyes is always gorgeous omg). i'm really glad you increased your commission prices, you deserve so much more than 20 c$. your work is so beautiful and it's always obvious that you put so much effort and time into your art <3

(ps. this is stunning!! i love the warmth in this and, again, THE EYES!!! 💖💖)

Lol yep slowly but surely, I’m picking up speed!
AW Thank you so much, bliss, I really appreciate the love and what you have to say about the price, it was hard for me to do but I do think it’s the right thing. Also this drawing is ugly in the technical sense but I love it and I do like the eyes the most so im glad you do too <3 started using the burn tool and its counterpart (forgot its name) for the first time.
VampireReaper wrote:Hey Kay ! I’m just glad your doing alright always miss your art and you know how much j love seeing y’all’s art

Hiya Reaper, it’s always good to hear from you again! thank you for your support <3
I’m Kay, and I’m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|❤️❤️💖|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Electronia » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:25 pm

It's the ~eye highlight~ for me. This is such a warm image. Happy to see art from you on my notifs, Kay.
Kyron - College Student - Adult
Slower replies - PMs set to friends only

God Bless
My best friend.
Electronia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kayara » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:57 pm

Electronia wrote:
It's the ~eye highlight~ for me. This is such a warm image. Happy to see art from you on my notifs, Kay.

THANK YOU it’s the effect I always wanted but wasn’t sure how to do. It’s that opaque shine over the eye that is different from a highlight point that shows where the light is coming from, rather it shows depth : D ty Nia <33
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me