Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Kiwipen's Species Base Commissions by kiwipen

Artist kiwipen [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kiwipen's Species Base Commissions

Postby kiwipen » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:59 pm

Do you have a species idea?
Do you have a species idea and know exactly what artist you want to make it happen?

For the first time in ~2 years I am once again taking base commissions.
This is an extremely limited opening as it is competing with my standard commissions for a commission spot.

I only accept C$, USD, or FRC.
C$ = $1 = 80 C$ = 100g
I accept ex-list pets and high amounts of wishlist / hoard pets as payment as well, send a trade as a suggestion to get it appraised.
USD is to be discussed on Discord, link in my signature. PM me on here if you only intend on joining my Discord to get USD support as people who don't check in are kicked after 24 hours otherwise.

What I offer / What you can expect from me
- At least one or two sketches of the concepts you need.
- 2 adjustments of the concept, for free.*
- basic lines and a lock alpha color layer, labelled
- a 45-60 day turnaround time with expected progress dates for basic progress steps; sketch, line, color, ref, etc. all have due dates.
- open and honest communication
- bases as complex or as basic as you need them to be.
- I take no royalties from sales on the lines
- my style is cartoony so please do not ask for realism! i only do stylized work.

What I expect from you
- Some form of written concept of what you'd like with clear, concise details (unless you want me to wing most of the design.)
- To ask for corrections / adjustments BEFORE I line.
- Payment upfront
- Discord for easy back and forth communication; CS messaging can be used for a small upcharge (I do not enjoy using CS messaging and it severely limits my workflow)
- Not to sell the species lines or adoptables for USD if you did not purchase my services for USD. This does not include supplementary items, but does include selling designing services on the lines. If you're using mixed payment, I require 50% of the payment to be in USD for you to have USD selling rights on the lines.
- Notify me if the lines / species changes hands / ownership; my TOS must be upheld by the new owner.
-- If you purchase a design / concept / base for C$, pets, or FRC and decide later you want USD resale rights, we will discuss the minimum amount of USD needed to send to me in order to have USD resale rights.

adjustments and changes policy
if you need to adjust things, that is okay. you get two adjustments in the sketch stage for free. everything else after that is paid for at a rate of $3 / 200 C$ for the first change, and $5 / 400 C$ for each subsequent adjustment. i have a max of 6 changes for my own sanity.
i consider a 'change' to be a single message with a round of changes, so if you have many things to adjust, if you put them all in one message with clear and concise instructions, that is one 'change'.

Packages & Pricings
Bare-Bones Package
A species concept with no lines - a basic sketch to be used to commission someone else.
May not be lined / used as a base - can be used as a concept for yourself or others.
$10 / 800 C$

Basic Package
Species concept sketch + a functional base. Will include a set of adult lines and a lock alpha layer for coloring. Premade edits not included.
$30 / 2400 C$

+ Premade Edits
Premade edits, such as tail variations, variations on the species' special gimmick, etc.
+$1-$5 depending on the scale of the edits. (80-400 C$)

+ Baby Lines
Additional lines for baby versions of the adoptables. If there is a need for a 'litter' of them, the lines will be duplicated for free. If unique pose is wanted for each child, multiply the fee of this by the amount of unique offspring lines wanted.
$10 / 800 C$

+ Reference Information
If a reference is desired, such as for a palette, pawpads, tongue, eyes, etc. this can be provided free of charge.

Custom !
Need something else that isn't listed? Simply ask about it, and I will give you a quote for it. Quote will be in USD, but can be paid in C$.

Interested?

If you are interested in my services, please fill out this form and PM it to me. You may alternatively DM me on Discord if it requires payment in USD; you can join the Discord below or PM me privately for my Discord handle as I do not like posting it publicly.
Please remember that the opening is on . I will not answer messages sent beforehand, unless it is to ask about a custom quote or pet valuation. This still does not guarantee your spot.

form

Code: Select all
username;
species concept / details;
package wanted;
addons wanted;
desired payment;
other information;

kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist