Return #A96 // OPEN by .lucifer

Based on Click to view
Artist .lucifer [gallery]
Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Return #A96 // OPEN

Postby .lucifer » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:41 am

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

RETURN wrote:Welcome to Return, a realistic cat genetics ARPG!
Our goal is to be a fun, educational experience with opportunities for creative lore and lots of cats. While we have a focus on genetics, don't let that scare you away - we have a lot of people willing to help you out! Don't be afraid to check out our discord, where we can answer all your genetics questions.

This is an adopt!

To win this cat, please describe their kithood! What interests did they have growing up, who did they learn from, what did they think of their colony?

Minimum of 100 words or one art piece!
Maxiumum of 1k words and 3 art pieces!

Ends on the 9th of September, 2020 at 12PM (Noon) Pacific Standard Time.

Code: Select all
                      [b]Owner:[/b]
                      [b]Cat Name:[/b]
                      [b]AGAB:[/b]
                      [b]Prompt:[/b]

Owner: Zentropy

AGAB: AMAB
      Phenotype: Longhair mitted seal point
      Genotype:
        aa / BB / bmbm / cscs / cucu / Dd / dmdm / EE / fdfd / HrHr / ii /
        JbJb / kk / kurkur / ll / lplp / LsLs / mm / McMc / mkmk / XoY /
        pdpd / Rr / ReRe / SeSe / SpSp / Spfspf / ti+ti+ / wgwg / WbWb / whwh
Stats wrote:Aesthetics: 49
Athletics: 9
Health: [Untested]
Last edited by .lucifer on Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Return #A96 // OPEN

Postby Aizui » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:30 am

Owner: Aizui
Cat Name: Arbor "Arborvitae"
AGAB: Male
Prompt: Arbor developed a strange habit within his kittenhood. It was something not commonly known or witnessed amongst the other cats but as the medical community announced he was diagnosed with a disorder called Pica. Pica is when a cat of any age consumes non-edible or inadequate food, to which can cause harm to the body. Graciously this has not been a condition based on abuse or neglect, quite the opposite. His mother was very attentive to his needs and did attempt to help Arbor out of his habit. What was the habit? It was chewing and consuming bark from the trees.

Strange as it may seem this was something he couldn't get his teeth out of. The earthy flavors and flex of the wood as he bit down was a source of comfort and play. Usually, cats would use trees as a form of sharpening their claws and to get exercise and not sharpen their teeth.

No matter, even with explaining the possible society ruling of this behavior Arbor wanted nothing to do with it. He was unique, this was true, but that wasn't going to stop him from chewing. After some time and some failed attempts, his mother had a witty idea.

She wanted Arbor to feel comfortable and to stop consuming the fibers from the trees. To this she devised a plan and presented it to Arbor. She told Arbor that he couldn't eat the bark but instead craft with it. So he could still keep his sense of security and also use that talent to help craft stronger homes, baskets etc. Approving this, Arbor grew closer to his mother and community to which even into adulthood he would be known as the carpenter of the clan.
Last edited by Aizui on Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Aizui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaminari.denki » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:46 am

Owner:
Cat Name:
AGAB:
Prompt: mark

aiden || he/they || slytherin
ArtFightDappervolk
toyhou.se: TranScribe
discord: FireLordLee #9462

Halloween is ✨5 9 days✨ away
kaminari.denki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheEternalPlague » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:56 pm

Owner: TheEternalPlague
Cat Name: Medusa
AGAB: AFAB
Prompt:
Medusa had always been a spit fire. Ever since she was born she would run head on into whatever struck her fancy. Even when she was a little kit with her eyes and ears still closed, she would still shuffle around until her mother put her back with her siblings. This definently hasn’t changed a bit since she’s grown, in fact, if you were to ask her clan, they would say it’s gotten worse.

If her clan mates had to describe her, it would be the phrase, “Jack of all trades, master of none-“ Which she would go on to reply with, “-better than a master of one.” She is constantly found doing anything and everything, from roaming the territory, hunting, healing, watching kits, even teaching swimming lesson. The only thing she ever did that she well and truly enjoyed and wanted to continue, was kit-sitting. She enjoyed mucking around with the kits and having fun, almost as much as she enjoyed dropping them off with their parents as soon as they got home. Not that she doesn’t love them, but even their parents will tell you that kits can be a paw-full when they wanna be.

Don't get her wrong, she loves her clan mates, she just has a bit more personality and spunk than they are used to. In fact, the only cat who can keep up with her is an older tom cat named Hades. The leader of her clan, and arguably the best hunter they have, he gives her "tough love", and she replies back with tons of "sass" and they laugh and go about their day. He's the best father figure she's ever had.

-5 ChickenSmoothie Hours + 969865
I love Malk Pets/Spiders/Hyenas/Bearded Vultures
TheEternalPlague

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zentropy » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:50 pm

Owner: Zentropy
Cat Name: Newt
AGAB: AMAB
Prompt: To win this cat, please describe their kithood! What interests did they have growing up, who did they learn from, what did they think of their colony?
xxxxxNewt came from a clowder that lived near the ocean, so his favorite thing to do was to go down to the rocky shore at low tide and play in the pools that trapped small aquatic creatures. The idea that animals could live under the water was fascinating to him, and the other cats knew to keep an eye on him just in case he decides to try swimming like a fish himself.
xxxxxOne such moment occurred when he was just a few seasons old and found his way down to the ocean edge. The wind was strong that day and would kick up foam and sea spray from the waves and carry it far away. Newt was entranced by the buffeting wind and rhythmic sounds of the waves, so much so that he didn’t see the massive wave rushing towards him! With eyes and nose stinging from the saltwater and small legs powerless against the swell, Newt was quickly dragged back into the ocean. Luckily for him, the clowder’s medicine cat was gathering herbs on the shore and leapt into action. They were able to drag Newt back to shore and helped him dry off. Newt remembers needing to eat some bitter herbs which helped him cough up any water still inside before making the tiring journey back to the nest.
xxxxxDespite his harrowing dip in the sea, that didn’t stop Newt from returning again and again to the ocean’s edge, oftentimes with the medicine cat to assist gathering necessary plants like rosemary or sage. He felt connected to the land around him, the scents, feelings, and views all taught him who he was and how he existed as an individual as well as a part in the ecosystem. He also learned how to swim from his new mentor the medicine cat, so he could get the freshest seaweed for medicines or swim out to the far rocky outcroppings where bigger fish could be found.
xxxxxNewt loves his old colony and misses quite a bit. How he found his way to the Sun Valley is another story, but the stories of his adventures on the beach that he tells with such enthusiasm prove he attributes his values and lessons to his first home.

Newt gathering some rosemary
Call me Zen! Image

ImageImageImage
Image-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage Image Image
Zentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adamented » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:09 am

Owner: Adamented
Cat Name: tbd
AGAB: DMAB
Prompt:
Sometimes, there are no words.

[ ABOUT ]

Ada
AdamAddie
he / she / they

✦ ✦ ✦
[ MY STUFF ]
the gladewood
CLs / buzzies / wermz

[ LINKS ]
ImageImage @adamented

Art T.o.S.

[ SUPPORT SELECT BY RARITY ]
thread
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:04 pm

A bit late since I slept in, but this competition is now closed! Thank you all for entering.

I'll have a winner picked ASAP!
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:26 am

Thank you all for being so patient! I am finally back home and able to judge this competition. Without further ado, I am excited to announce that the winner of this cat is...

Zentropy!

I was enchanted by your story of a kitten growing up awed by the sea, and your art is adorable! Take good care of Newt.

Thank you everyone for participating, and I wish you all luck in your future competitions!
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zentropy » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:07 pm

Thank you so much! The wait was well worth it <3
Call me Zen! Image