11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Charming #125 | eyes

Postby jinxs » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:01 pm

DIRECTORY:
----------------------------------
| main thread| discord | nursery | growths & transfers | myos | artist search |
| archive | archive updates | shop |

traits wrote:charm - tooth charm on tail | eye charm on horn
s - custom lined (idk if i put this here, nr, or nowhere)
nr - custom lined | scars | accessories (jewelry and choker)
c - tail | hair | ears
uc - double charm | custom shoulder fur
r - horns | charm not on tail

this was inspired by a dnd/fantasy character moodboard provided by diavolo on my last charming :]

to win this charming, explain how they got their scars ! no word limit and you can have one extra (art piece/mini off topic story (lim 250 words)/character blurb/exc)
you may also pretty up your form however you see fit ! however i will be judging based on the prompt + extra only
also I am curious, can they see out of their eye charm ??? I kinda was going for that but I think it would be fun for you to include something about that in ur prompt (if u want !!) :]
also you can do a small mini story or go overboard idc !!! quality > quantity

Code: Select all
username + id:
charming name:
charming pronouns:
prompt:

ends in four days/the 12th
extentions aloud ofc !!!

also the time is ... incredibly wrong I went to the arcade, it took abt an hour LMAO
CHARMINGS!? -- jinx -- he/whatever -- lesbian -- th
jinxs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Charming #125 | eyes

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:27 pm

username + id: Sha the Sheep 1005622
charming name: Hunter
charming pronouns: he/him
prompt:
How he got his scars... well, it's embarrassing, really. for an adventurer like him. He got them not in some great fight or epic battle, not even through falling into or triggering some trap. These are the stories he likes to tell you, but neither are true. There were no foes to be vanquished, no traps to be triggered, no grand adventure to scar him.

He um. He did fall. Into a construction site. Not for dungeons or traps, just a regular one. He fell in because he wasn't paying attention to where he was walking. Not a good accident, to be sure, but still not how he expected to lose half his vision!

Can he see out of his eye charm? Well. Yes and no? The answer is complicated. It's an aid, enchanted; it helps him to see, acts in place of his missing eye. Because of its positioning, he can sometimes even see things he would not have been able to with his old eye.

And yet, it is not perfect. Sometimes the edges go blurry and dark, and it swings around on its little string, too much, too much. At times like these he will hunker down and cover it until it stops, lest it give him a headache.
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appiesauce » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:09 am

mark
xxxImage
xxxxxxxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xx
xxxxx
aspynn | she/her | adult
xxxxxxxxtoyhou.se / sketch shop

xxxxxxxxImage
appiesauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moths. » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:24 pm

mark
Moths.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxil » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:29 pm

username + id: foxil 947656
charming name: Leonardo
charming pronouns: he they
prompt:
Perhaps it was an accident, maybe even a curse. Ever since I had been brought into this place I felt... different. I was not given the same chances others were, I wasn't approached by the other charmlings. Heck, I was more feared than anything in the small community I grew up in. There was always this stigma that surrounded me, not because I had done anything wrong, just because of the way I was born. So perhaps the question isn't how did I get these scars, but why? My parents weren't the most remarkable individuals and they lived quite a plain life (or at least until I came along) but I beg to ask the question why? Why am I so... I cannot see the stares, yet I feel them... digging into my face. I feel the uncontrollable urge to run off into the woods and never come back... but hearing all those stories. It is terrifying to imagine what could happen, and yet a part of me doesn't care? Perhaps I truly am broken like they stated so many times before. If I went off would anyone even care? Only one way to find out I guess...

The sky was pitch black, not even the crickets were out. It was quite hard to navigate around the... trees? The ground was damp, cold, and even a bit muddy in some areas. Leonardo followed the swift breeze running through the leaves, making sure to mind where he stepped. It was a bit hard to tell where exactly he was however, his paws had all sorts of things trapped on them. Suddenly, he heard a sharp crack in the distance. His heart awoke like an alarm clock and his body became stiff as a rock. He started to dash in what he could remember as the opposite direction, and dashed straight into a thud.

"Hey! Watch where you're walkin' there, pal!"
For a split second there Leo felt the fur of another charming... but he didn't recognize their voice?
"Woah, those are some nasty scars! Here lemme call up a friend for you."
Leo could here the soft jingle of the other individual's charm, which was abruptly interrupted by a roaring boom. At this point he was shaking.
"Hey, buddy don't be so nervous! I just dimension jumped, nothing bad I promise! My friend found the perfect replacement charm. Catered to your needs! And all it'll cost you is that useless charm you've got right now... and a... favor... for uh future times!"
"W-what do you mean by catered to my needs?"
"Well... it seems to me that you'd probably want to finally see the world, right?" Leo could feel the charming's breath on his face. "Yes... yes I would."

"Then you'd probably trade the world to fulfill that wish and all I'm asking for is two little things!"
He felt excited, but had to clear something up. "How come you don't just rob me of my charm and run off huh? And this... friend of yours, how exactly did he get a charm that'll make me see?"
"Oh please, I only rob the charmings that deserve it. And let's just say my friend has their ways..." they whispered, just out of hearing, "And soon they'll have you too." Leo's ear twitched, his anxiety moving like a heartbeat, "Okay, but before we do this trade- what favor were you planning to ask for? I'm only one charming please keep in mind."
"Ah yes, you see I get the charms and my buddy gets the... favor... my pal will decide when the time is right. However I assure you it will be quite a simple task!"
The wind was dead silent, a family of crows chirped in the distance. "Alright, I'll take up your deal."
"Wonderful!" A paw swiftly swiped Leo's charm, and he could feel another, bigger paw placing a charm atop his head. Their charm ringing loudly in his ear, and for the first time he blinked. His eye gazed around... there was no one else in sight.
-------------------------
Other characters were Angel, and his partner who I have yet to make (and may or may not have a name?).

Foxil - any pronouns (except it)

Chicoon Artist
Werm hoarder

Foxil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:33 am

username + id: Griff 254592
charming name: Chance
charming pronouns: She/Her
prompt: She was not supposed to be here. That was the thought that kept running through her mind, even as she hit the floor running. She was under-leveled, too small for this area. Coming here was certain death, coming here alone had been so stupid! Why? And yet, for as fast as she could run, it was not fast enough. The creature landed upon her, and she could feel the blows coming down. This was how she died. This was it.

And yet. Someone intervened. She never saw their face, never got a chance to thank them. She could not really see them for that matter had she tried, for the creature who mauled her had taken her sight. But they were not the only kind one to intervene. She was quickly brought to the local tavern, an entire party coming to her rescue. She discovered later they were the heroes of the town, known for their max levels and amazing skills.

Their enchanter created the eye charm, to allow for sight once more. Unless magic in an area was negated, it allowed for perfect sight. The tattoo on her shoulder allowed for the same. And as she recovered and listened to their storied, she realized all of the max-level heroes had started out like her: rescued at a lower level and brought to safety by the First. Soon enough? She joined their ranks and hoped one day to help return the favor, now training as a Rogue.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jinxs » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:14 pm

I AN SO SORRY. ICONOLERTELYFORGOT TO CLOSETHIS

closed for judging ‘!!! jst very late sorry 😭
jinxs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jinxs » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:19 pm

Foxil wrote:username + id: foxil 947656
charming name: Leonardo
charming pronouns: he they
prompt:
Perhaps it was an accident, maybe even a curse. Ever since I had been brought into this place I felt... different. I was not given the same chances others were, I wasn't approached by the other charmlings. Heck, I was more feared than anything in the small community I grew up in. There was always this stigma that surrounded me, not because I had done anything wrong, just because of the way I was born. So perhaps the question isn't how did I get these scars, but why? My parents weren't the most remarkable individuals and they lived quite a plain life (or at least until I came along) but I beg to ask the question why? Why am I so... I cannot see the stares, yet I feel them... digging into my face. I feel the uncontrollable urge to run off into the woods and never come back... but hearing all those stories. It is terrifying to imagine what could happen, and yet a part of me doesn't care? Perhaps I truly am broken like they stated so many times before. If I went off would anyone even care? Only one way to find out I guess...

The sky was pitch black, not even the crickets were out. It was quite hard to navigate around the... trees? The ground was damp, cold, and even a bit muddy in some areas. Leonardo followed the swift breeze running through the leaves, making sure to mind where he stepped. It was a bit hard to tell where exactly he was however, his paws had all sorts of things trapped on them. Suddenly, he heard a sharp crack in the distance. His heart awoke like an alarm clock and his body became stiff as a rock. He started to dash in what he could remember as the opposite direction, and dashed straight into a thud.

"Hey! Watch where you're walkin' there, pal!"
For a split second there Leo felt the fur of another charming... but he didn't recognize their voice?
"Woah, those are some nasty scars! Here lemme call up a friend for you."
Leo could here the soft jingle of the other individual's charm, which was abruptly interrupted by a roaring boom. At this point he was shaking.
"Hey, buddy don't be so nervous! I just dimension jumped, nothing bad I promise! My friend found the perfect replacement charm. Catered to your needs! And all it'll cost you is that useless charm you've got right now... and a... favor... for uh future times!"
"W-what do you mean by catered to my needs?"
"Well... it seems to me that you'd probably want to finally see the world, right?" Leo could feel the charming's breath on his face. "Yes... yes I would."

"Then you'd probably trade the world to fulfill that wish and all I'm asking for is two little things!"
He felt excited, but had to clear something up. "How come you don't just rob me of my charm and run off huh? And this... friend of yours, how exactly did he get a charm that'll make me see?"
"Oh please, I only rob the charmings that deserve it. And let's just say my friend has their ways..." they whispered, just out of hearing, "And soon they'll have you too." Leo's ear twitched, his anxiety moving like a heartbeat, "Okay, but before we do this trade- what favor were you planning to ask for? I'm only one charming please keep in mind."
"Ah yes, you see I get the charms and my buddy gets the... favor... my pal will decide when the time is right. However I assure you it will be quite a simple task!"
The wind was dead silent, a family of crows chirped in the distance. "Alright, I'll take up your deal."
"Wonderful!" A paw swiftly swiped Leo's charm, and he could feel another, bigger paw placing a charm atop his head. Their charm ringing loudly in his ear, and for the first time he blinked. His eye gazed around... there was no one else in sight.
-------------------------
Other characters were Angel, and his partner who I have yet to make (and may or may not have a name?).

after i reread through the amazing entries i decided on foxil !!! amazing writing and storytelling, i loved it sm :]
jinxs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foxil » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:02 am

Omg!! Thank you ^^