Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Shadow Cats V3 by Sin Tsukino

Based on Click to view
Artist Sin Tsukino [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Shadow Cats V3

Postby Sin Tsukino » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:57 am

๐“ฆ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ธ๐”€ ๐“’๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ผ?

Shadow cats are friendly but misunderstood creatures. Theyโ€™re frightened of humans and will always run away if they spot one, leaving nothing behind but a small trail of smoke or they can โ€˜fadeโ€™ and go transparent, this is another way they hide from humans. Something to remember though is any items they are touching does not fade with them, if a shadow cat is wearing a collar for example when they fade a human will see a floating collar.

Shadow cats have a long life span, averaging about 100 years and they donโ€™t need to eat daily but they do need to eat a few times a month. Shadow cats only eat one thing โ€“ spirits. They donโ€™t just eat any spirits though, they only eat malicious ones, theyโ€™re rather friendly with all of the other spirits. Their feelers on their sides help them sense when spirits are nearby, vibrating softly when they are near one. Their feelers can press flat against their sides or they can make them stand up to appear bigger. The average size of these guys are about the size of a lynx cat. They are often smaller like a regular house cat though and in rare instances can be a lot bigger.

None of the shadow cats have a gender so can mate with any other Shadow Cat as long as they aren't related. They will occasionally meet up during breeding season with random Shadow Cats but once they've settled with a mate - they're set for life. They form a very deep bond and are inseparable; even if their mate dies, they wonโ€™t ever pick another.

The amazing Nyarlathotep|Nathan made a size chart for Shadow Cats so here it is!

๐“–๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ก๐“พ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ผ

ยทPlease be kind and respectful to the staff!
Being rude will result in a strike, if you get three strikes you will be banned.
ยทIf a member of staff is rude to you then report it to the species owner, staff should always remain polite and respectful.
ยทFollow Tess's Oekaki rules, which can be found here: Oekaki Rules
ยทYou must keep the artist's signature.
ยทDonโ€™t make your own without an MYO ticket. This is a closed species. Any currently existing characters with a similar design is purely coincidental.
ยทIf you post your adopted cat on another site, please link back to here.
ยทCats may be resold (for what you paid) however please let a staff member know so we can update the archives
ยท Do not transfer design to another species without asking beforehand
ยท Art theft will result in an instant ban.

Species Lines by: SkyGold

Since it was mentioned this species has nothing to do with a discontinued species of the same name which can be found here. The two species are very different they just share the same name.
Last edited by Sin Tsukino on Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage

ImageImage Image Image Image--Toyhou.se Art shop
PFP by Driftlord on here!

Sorry in advance if I forget things, feel free to poke and remind me. Struggling with life at the moment.
Sin Tsukino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shadow Cats V3

Postby Sin Tsukino » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:57 am

๐šƒ๐š›๐šŠ๐š’๐š๐šœ

Standard: No major lineart edits. Same coloured eyes, long or short fur, optional whiskers. Smoke and shadow cat can be any colour and have any pattern.

Common: Heterochromia, patterns in the eye, tail edits (shorter, longer, different shape), extra-long claws, tongue edits, teeth edits, hairstyles, unusual fur length (ear tufts, lion mane, back mane etc.)

Uncommon:
Horns, bioluminescence, feeler edits, ear edits, different eye shape, simple add ons/basic gene splicing (E.G. Bug antennae, gills), small accessories*

Rare: Large accessories, 2 tails, missing limbs, extra ears, elemental extras (E.G. leaking lava, poison, ice, fire etc.), bones, holes in body, mechanical parts, forever young (can't grow up)

Very Rare: Extra eyes, legs or mouths, 3+ tails, small wings (non functional), feathers, sentient tail, scales, transparent body

Legendary: Advanced gene splicing, major line edits, extra heads, large wings

Please note with accessories: Small accessories (covers less than 30% of the overall cat in total) and large accessories (covers more than 30% of the overall cat in total).

Non rated: Weight edits, scars, gigantism and munchkinism.
Banned: No feelers (they must have at least 1 on either side), no tail, no smoke, sclera (eye whites are fine but no sclera must be visible)

*Traits will get added as and when needed
Last edited by Sin Tsukino on Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:06 am, edited 11 times in total.
ImageImage

Sorry in advance if I forget things, feel free to poke and remind me. Struggling with life at the moment.
Sin Tsukino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sin Tsukino » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:58 am

๐š‚๐š๐šŠ๐š๐š

* We're currently looking for discord mods if you'd be interested please pm me and we can work something out

Guest Artists
Kitteh

Ghost Artists

Mastema-Rastus

solos

Other
Archivist
-Phantom-

๐™ฐ๐š›๐š๐š’๐šœ๐š ๐™ถ๐šž๐š’๐š๐šŽ๐š•๐š’๐š—๐šŽ๐šœ

ยทFull-time artists must make a minimum of 2 Shadow Cats a month to adopt.
Full time artists are given 1x uncommon, 1x rare and 1x Very rare MYO for themselves
ยทGuest artists must make a minimum of 1 adopt a month to adopt.
Guest artists are given 1x MYO common tickets for themselves
ยท Ghost artists don't have a monthly quota, however they also don't get any free myos
Ghost artists may sell one adopt for every free one made
-Artist tickets will refresh every month but they won't accumulate, you get a fresh set of tickets every month but if you didn't use your ticket from last month they don't rollover. The only exception is the very rare ticket, this one only refreshes every 2 months.

ยทDo not re-use these lines or remove the signature.
ยทDelete all unused layers.
ยทFull-time artists may list adopts made by them as whatever they like (Freebies, flatsales, OTA, raffles etc.) and can charge what they want. Guest artists may only list adopts as freebies of raffles.
For paid adopts, pets, C$, etc. are all acceptable and up to the artist to set a preference. The only thing not allowed is real money, this is a non-profit species. This could change in the future but it won't be any time soon.
Last edited by Sin Tsukino on Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:11 pm, edited 12 times in total.
ImageImage

Sin Tsukino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sin Tsukino » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:58 am

๐™ด๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šœ

Current

MYO Event

Past
Last edited by Sin Tsukino on Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Sin Tsukino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sin Tsukino » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:59 am

๐™ถ๐š’๐š๐š ๐™ป๐š’๐š—๐šŽ๐šœ

Below are some lines that are free for people to use in order to turn them into their own Shadow Cats.

Last edited by Sin Tsukino on Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Sin Tsukino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐š‚๐š๐š›๐š’๐š”๐šŽ๐šœ

None - let's keep it this way

๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š—๐šœ

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1082006 - is selling cats they got for free for usd. Messaged them to ask them not to and was ignored
Last edited by Sin Tsukino on Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

Sin Tsukino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐™ณ๐š’๐šœ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š›๐š

Coming soon! Mod position are open
Last edited by Sin Tsukino on Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Sin Tsukino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Phantom- » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:25 am

Mark!! I'm looking forward to seeing more Shadow Cats! <3
Image Image Image Image Image