x
x
x
x
x
x
x
- - - -
Heyo heyo!! Has anyone else been boiling this summer?
I felt the urge to draw something cool and refreshing, so here's this
kiddo ^^

To enter for this kalon, please tell me about a memorable time they
had in the water! You're welcome to create one piece of artwork and
use up to 600 words to describe this kalon's experience, but no extras
this time around! You can pretty up your posts, though!

Good luck!!

- - - -
Code: Select all
username + number:
name:
prompt:
    - - - -
    Ends July 27th, 11:59pm MST
    Grey_Hoodie

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Re: Kalon #2059

Postby justamindset » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:15 am

username + number: arbourous || 695530
        name: Eliza
        prompt:
        little eight year old Ellie sat on the beach, bucket in hand with her shovel that stood half as tall as she was, enjoying the waves.

Last edited by justamindset on Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby khvoxtic » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:48 pm

khvoxtix + 323740 | marli | he/they | 600/600

The gravel under foot was rough, but it was solid and safe. The boardwalk provided excellent entertainment as the sun hit down hard on the beach, loud speakers crackled as they did their best to announce the comings and goings of the competition. Marli stood and watched, heart hammering as they took a step onto the sand and closer to the water. It looked so pretty from back here.

Water washed around his ankles as they hiked their board up against their hip. Seagulls squawked and chased after chips from visitors to their tiny island while the locals walked around setting up the beach for the days ahead. It always got busy when the surf was good and the competition brought in revenue for every one, it was the best of the best duking it out on the waves. But that would be tomorrow, today was for fun and practice.

A heavy hand settled between their shoulders, glancing to the side to see his mother with a smile as she zipped the back of their wet-suit up the last part which they never seemed to be able to ever get before looking back to the waves themselves. The sun was perfect, the waves were large, it really was to be the start of a great weekend.

"Careful, nature is unpredi...-"
            "Unpredictable, I know. It's ok, I have a good feeling about today." They beamed, before trotting off into the water until it turned to wading and then further more before pulling themselves onto the board and paddling out the rest of the way. Water lapping around their sides was a comfort despite the slight chill. It was easy to push themselves up and catch a couple of waves, the spray splashing back into their face as the adrenaline pumped. What seemed like minutes turned to hours spent practicing, perfecting small tricks and working on larger ones.

Out at the beach their mother waved, signifying it was time to head home after this last run. Watching waves come and go Marli let the water float him over top as they waited patiently for a good final surf for the day, it seemed the weather had also decided to agree with the sentiment as rain gently fell and the water quickly darkened. Really, he should just paddle in, it was safer. Nature is unpredictable. But with the thundering roar of a wave forming behind him, Marli didn't really have much time to think or process. Instinct would have to take over.

He knew as soon as he stood that something was wrong and instinct really did have to take over as the wave broke.

Have you every looked at a washing machine and ever wondered what it would feel like to be inside of one? You don't know which way is up and every time you think you do you're hit again by another wash. The board attached to the ankle is both now a weight and a flotation device. Safety and a hazard.

One moment they were struggling against the current.
            The next awake in the back of a truck, throwing up water and bile and whatever else. Heart pounding and lungs screaming and mother crying and sirens blearing and ...-

Nature is unpredictable.

Marli stood at the edge of the beach, heart hammering as the sound of waves rushed around them, despite being so far from the water, it really did make him feel sick even thinking about it, stumbling back onto the boardwalk they continued on back home.

The gravel under foot was rough, but it was solid and safe.
    Last edited by khvoxtic on Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    [Emersyn ⯁]
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    they/them | adult
    kals xdm me

███████████████████
    Feel free to DM me here or on discord if you
    need to get in contact with me for anything!

[@khvoxtic on Dis] always open for a chat!
    khvoxtic

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Maringue » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:16 pm

mark w/ swimming with dolphins!!

She/Her ♡ ENTP ♡ Pansexual

Signature Art © © | Toyhouse
    ImageImageImageImage
    Maringue

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby black water » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:26 am

mark
    x
    x
    x
    x

baz, he/him || kals
    ESFP
    // sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    so stay with me
    hold my hand
    there's no need
    to be brave

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    sig @ pawschamp
    icon @ fūi

black water

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby néktar » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:36 pm

username + number: nektar + 217991
      name: maisie
      prompt:
        for the first time in her life maisie was alone, no parents to tell her what to do and very far from home in a brand new place. she was apprehensive and nervous but also the excitement and sense of freedom was overwhelming. for her first day she decided to hit the beach, she had seen it on the drive over and it was captivating, she felt herself being pulled towards the waves.

her hometown was no where near the water so her family would take one day out of the year to visit the beach and have a full fun day in the sun. the glinting of the waves sent her heart a blaze but it was always so disheartening when she had to leave. finally now after years of this was she able to be on her own and only a 10 minute drive from the water. she had never been more excited in her life, she packed her beach material up around 10:30 am sharp. she decided to make a little list for her first time in order to make sure she didn't have to leave at all for the whole day. she wanted sand and salt in her hair and to feel the sun on her fur until it dipped below the horizon. she grabbed her little note book and with pencil in hand, she looked at the items she had laid out on her bed.

Beach Trip Supplies!
        sunscreen ✓
        towel ✓
        blanket ✓
        water jug ✓
        sunglasses
        chap stick ✓
        sandals ✓
        extra clothes ✓
        speaker ✓
        umbrella ✓

she had everything except her sunglasses, that being one of the most important things as well as the one of her prized possessions. they were bright red and square, they had been given to her as a graduation present by her dad, she hadn't taken them off since leaving but now she couldn't find them anywhere. her heart was broken, but she shrugged it off and maybe they were somewhere in her room. she was too excited to get to the water, she would survive. maisie hurriedly put everything in her bag and slipped on her sandals, walking confidentially out the door tote on her shoulder and umbrella under her arm. she held her head high with a smile on her face as she walked to her car and packed everything up.

wip
    Last edited by néktar on Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    néktar

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Crumchii » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:55 am

username + number: Crumchii + 889014
    name: Sengal
    prompt: The most memorable time Sengal had in the water was when he was younger and with his family at the beach, fooling around and digging holes. Coincidentally this did happen to be the day they lost their sand molder turtle at sea, only to have it float back to them years later on the northern beach when they visited. Sengal was absolutely heartbroken; he loved turtles, and that was one of his favorite toys, but he knew there was no way of getting it back..But little Sengal's family also happened to have found a fish close to the sandbar; A trout! Although it slipped being caught, Sengal won't forget how funny it was to watch everyone try and catch it!
    ✩ 🎀 𝒞𝑒𝓇𝓉𝒾𝒻𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝐵𝒶𝓇𝒷𝒾𝑒 𝒢𝒾𝓇𝓁🎀 ✩

Image ImageImageImageImage
    Crumchii

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby cribunni » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:43 pm

username + number: cribunni + 630267
    name: Florence!
    prompt:
    Grey waves crashed and battered against the rocky shore, the horizon blurring together with the water's inky edge. Florence sat slumped over the kitchen table, her chin resting on her crossed arms. Her eyes followed two figures slicing through the sea like knives, the surfers cresting wave after wave on the stormy water. She had become so enraptured with the pair that she didn't hear her grandfather's voice until his third attempt at catching her attention. Florence ripped her eyes away from the window to give her grandfather a questioning look. His thunderous eyes - deep-set into his weathered face - gave her a suffering look. He knew what she would say before she said it, but nonetheless, Florence cast her eyes down to her hands as she spoke.
    "Why can't I go to the beach, papa? I know how to swim, and those people are having so much fun-"
    Florence jumped as her grandfather's fist met the table with a slam, cups and plates clattering loudly.
    "What have I told you about the water. It's dangerous. You are NOT to go anywhere near that beach. Do you understand me?"
    Florence stared at him with wide eyes, giving him a quick nod. Neither of them spoke as they ate, her grandfather heading off to bed early after helping Florence clean the kitchen. She sat awake in her bed long after the sun sunk below the ocean's edge, listening, until it was entirely silent.
    Florence slunk down the hall past her grandfather's bedroom, then through the kitchen, before fiddling with the lock and slipping outside through the front door. She cast one more glance at the quiet house before following the stone path past the gate and towards the beach.
    Florence looked across the moonlit sand in awe, her paws carrying her towards the surf. She paused just before the water, fear lacing through her chest for just a moment.
    (wip, will finish this later!)

Image Image Image Image
    ImageImageImage
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    MATT !! ANY PRONOUNS !! LESBIAN
    deviant art . toyhou.se . art shoppe .
    cribunni

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes