Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

night hike by kaatlove

Artist kaatlove [gallery]
Time spent 17 hours, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 28
95 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

night hike

Postby kaatlove » Tue May 10, 2022 4:17 am

the way i spent SO LONGG on the foreground only to make it nearly pitch black and blurry and not visible at allll :''')

also thank u hubble for dropping the chromatic aberration tutorial I've been trying to figure out how to do that for literal years
    ref

here look u can see all the foreground yay
Last edited by kaatlove on Tue May 10, 2022 4:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
✶ kaat ⋆ chars
kaatlove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: night hike

Postby SputnikSplash » Tue May 10, 2022 4:18 am

Beautiful work on this <3
The plants on the ground look absolutely perfect!
BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO

ImageImageImageImageImage
❤︎ Artist ❤︎ BLM ❤︎ Toyhou.se ❤︎
❤︎Pixels by Phyris❤︎
Status: Catching up on all owed art, if I owe you something please PM me in case I've forgotten!
SputnikSplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faentofheart » Tue May 10, 2022 4:49 am

absolutely GORGEOUS?!??!?!? i would buy this as a print IMMEDIATELY lmao, good job! i hope this gets featured
faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dr. pupper » Tue May 10, 2022 5:54 am

this is insane i love everything about it... beautiful beautiful

MERR
    Image i do all kinds of stupid and silly stuffImage
    im jeremy. im adult
    I'd love to talk =) ask for social media and stuff
    hmu on discord if you want @ chunklet
    ImageImage
dr. pupper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huddson » Thu May 12, 2022 1:47 am

i have to say, i think this is one of my favourite pieces on the site, hands down. the details, the concept, the overall vibe, it's absolutely and utterly stunning, an outstanding piece that clearly has a lot of love put into it as well as years of honing your skill and really figuring out how to do things

i'm a particular fan of the eye; the stylization is very eye-catching and i might have to take inspiration from it for the eyes i constantly draw in my own sketchbook. the way the light tapers is very realistic, adding to the overall mood of the piece, and it deeply impresses me. the trees are very well-done and realistically painted without doing too much detail as to be overwhelming; your control and ability to strike that balance deserves plenty of praise. the plants are also very realistic, and i'm impressed by the amount of detail as well as the thought put into layering them

there's so much more to the piece every time i look back!!! for example, i didn't even notice the hands at first, but now that i have, it really contributes to that feeling of creepiness and mostly unease, of going for a walk in the woods and not being sure if i'll be able to go home. the hands themselves are realistic, the anatomy on them is accurate and once again you've found that sweet spot between too much detail and too much vagueness. your consistent ability to do so really impresses me; i imagine it's something you've studied and practiced, whether intentionally or not!!! the layering and transparency of the hands also gives me that feeling of unreality, of having to blink extra to make sure i'm really seeing it. overall, this whole piece has more of a vibe of uneasiness and a disconnect from one's surroundings if not outright dissociation than it does your typical creepiness, and i think that's absolutely a positive. it can be hard to make good horror and horror-aligned art that stands out from the rest, especially as people fall back on the same old tropes which, while tropes for a reason, can get tiring with the sheer volume of content online. the tropes you did use here have a very fresh spin on them as well as clearly being used with a lot of thought behind them; whereas some people will apply tropes because they see them a lot, your application of them seems to come from an understanding of why they're tropes in the first place and what it is about them that intrigues people, and that makes all the difference

that chromatic aberration, too, absolutely incredible!!! it really is an incredible finishing touch, and i'm excited to see you further improving and practicing your craft, introducing and playing around with new elements. i'm really excited to follow you as an artist and see where your journey takes you. your art is clearly built on not just talent but a lot of years of serious practice, studying, and observation of the world around you. you're an incredible artist and i really hope that you continue honing your skills and making art

i didn't mean to write such a long comment lol but this piece is truly worth rambling about
Cecil/Ffwsia - two-spirit, it/its, aspec polyam vincian - autistic + others
Toyhouse
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me