Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Get That Sneaky Goldie! by frostily

Artist frostily [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
43 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Get That Sneaky Goldie!

Postby frostily » Thu May 05, 2022 11:17 am

any salmon run enjoyers ??

I've been playing splatoon for like, 5 years now?? makes me feel old, but I was going through my Splatoon 2 art book, and was super inspired by the Goldie's page, in which the art depicts the goldie upon a gusher during goldie seeking. I absolutely adore goldies, so! here's a fun piece inspired by them. My other favorite boss is Maws, so maybe when I look through their page I'll get the urge to paint again lol.

part of why the splatoon franchise is so fun is the insane lore, and I think it's cool that the lore doesn't matter at all if you only play for the battle's sake. It's optional! But I do love me some lore, and I ADORE salmonoid lore especially, so I kinda want to make a few more pieces depicting their culture. And yes, culture, because salmonoids are canonically an intelligent species with traditions and values. (please please PLEASE stay consistent splatoon and don't make lil' buddy a pet, that would be insanely strange considering that is like, a sentient creature in lore LMAO) if you want to know more about it hit me the heck up splatoon lore is so interesting

(also just look at the folds of the mre thing on the inkling's hat, i mean just LOOK at them I'm proud o dat)
- DA - Art Shop - Frost#6739 -
frostily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Get That Sneaky Goldie!

Postby Brackensnake » Thu May 05, 2022 12:23 pm

this is so good, I love salmon run so much, it’s so fun.
Brackensnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostily » Thu May 05, 2022 1:15 pm

Brackensnake wrote:this is so good, I love salmon run so much, it’s so fun.

EXTREMELY BASED TAKE 👏

like honestly it's the one game that I have consistently played for years, and I mean, the only game I'm good at LMAO
frostily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brackensnake » Thu May 05, 2022 1:41 pm

frostily wrote:

EXTREMELY BASED TAKE 👏

like honestly it's the one game that I have consistently played for years, and I mean, the only game I'm good at LMAO

I've been playing for like 2 years? I wish i could say within that time i had gotten good but i'm still really bad.
Brackensnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostily » Thu May 05, 2022 3:04 pm

Brackensnake wrote:
frostily wrote:

EXTREMELY BASED TAKE 👏

I've been playing for like 2 years? I wish i could say within that time i had gotten good but i'm still really bad.

that's valid tho because you know what, I've been playing Minecraft for 10 years and never actually beat the game, it's about the enjoyment level! I'm just bragging lol
frostily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cr0wz » Thu May 05, 2022 3:42 pm

I adore salmon run!
I'm so glad to see they're doing more with it in the third game, I have high hopes!!!
Cr0wz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostily » Thu May 05, 2022 5:47 pm

Cr0wz wrote:I adore salmon run!
I'm so glad to see they're doing more with it in the third game, I have high hopes!!!

:O !!! omg hey crow!!!

I've been meaning to send you a message, I hope you're doing well! but yes abjsanja honestly let me know if you (or brackensnake since they might read this) want to do a few runs together, it would be epic ngl

BUT ALSO YES the trailer is absolutely sick, and i adore the flipper flopper so much <3 plus that egg throw???? it seems like such a lifesaver
frostily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brackensnake » Fri May 06, 2022 1:24 pm

frostily wrote:

I've been meaning to send you a message, I hope you're doing well! but yes abjsanja honestly let me know if you (or brackensnake since they might read this) want to do a few runs together, it would be epic ngl

BUT ALSO YES the trailer is absolutely sick, and i adore the flipper flopper so much <3 plus that egg throw???? it seems like such a lifesaver

I'd be down to do a few runs. I love the fishstick, it made me laugh when I first saw it.
Brackensnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostily » Fri May 06, 2022 5:10 pm

Brackensnake wrote:
frostily wrote:

I'd be down to do a few runs. I love the fishstick, it made me laugh when I first saw it.

ayyyyy lets get it !!!

honestly either message me on discord or pm me and I'll give ya my friend code and we can figure out a time to get splattin 😎

if only salmon run wasn't CLOSED rn >:(
frostily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me