[b]Additional Magic #2[/b] #2; leave blank

[b]Parents:[/b]
Founder | Founder

[b]Children:[/b]
-- [url]Partner[/url]
-- [url]Child1[/url]
-- [url]Child2[/url]
-- [url]Child3[/url]
Last edited by NaCl on Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Storkatten #548

Postby Keryth » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:53 pm

Word Count: 520

The canyon was flooding, a mass of water so full of debris it appeared to be swiftly moving mud. A flash flood, a danger to the inhabitants of the caves higher on the cliffs. The colony had, of course, heard the deep rumbling before they could see the flood itself, but that did not mean that all the hunters could make it to safety in time, did not mean there didn’t happen to be kits playing in now suddenly unsafe spaces.

Even with all the instructions of how to handle a flash flood, borne from years of losses, and drilled into every cat in the colony from a young age, it was still terrifying. It was an uproar as everyone rushed to higher ground in case the flood waters would be high enough to reach their dens. Scholars grabbing their most valuable tomes, parents hurriedly trying to locate their kits, the healers bracing themselves for the worst.

In the middle of this, Lierin had hunkered down, overwhelmed by the activity and noise. Only a few minutes prior he has been on his way to visit his mentor, stopping in his tracks as the thunderous roar of the flood approached.

He was fond of chaos, yes, but not like this. Lierin’s affections laid with small mischief. Inconsequential things, such as swapping the location of objects. Lierin was frequently caught in the healer’s den, moving a pillow or switching the cough suppressant with the mild pain relievers. It would, yes, be noticed, but easily written off as absent-mindedly leaving something in the wrong spot.

Lierin near-blindly stumbled around, desperate to break from the crowd that had appeared around him. If he could not separate completely, as being caught in the oncoming waters would mean severe injury at best, he would have to settle for gaining a little distance.

As the elders managed to calm the panicking colony, giving more direction and clear roles to ensure safety, Lierin could feel the tension bleed out of him. Yes, it was still frantic, but the direction helped take the edge off. Yes, cats were still calling loudly, but the others had quieted as instructed.

This. This was leagues better. The organization would allow him at least a bit of respite, though he would have to steel himself to at least an hour being subjected to the roar of the now present river at the canyon’s bed.

In the meantime, as he had neither the magical knowledge nor power to assist in any search efforts, and the headcounts were finally drawing to a close, Lierin carefully picked his way over to a gathering of younger kits.

While he was overwhelmed and deeply uncomfortable, perhaps he could offer some form of distraction to those who were not old enough to have experienced this before. Perhaps some whispered stories or small displays of magic would help soothe the kits, allowing the adults to complete their work with less worry.

Once this ordeal came to a close, however, Lierin was intent on disappearing into his den and amongst his tomes for at least a day.
he/him
bird enthusiast
Keryth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Storkatten #548

Postby Keryth » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:36 pm