Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

sweet tooth by That's Offensive

Artist That's Offensive [gallery]
Time spent 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

sweet tooth

Postby That's Offensive » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:37 am

sometimes I kind of fall into a micro obsession on swedish culture and history, right now is one of those times so as a bit of a nerd outlet I drew some traditional swedish cookies and baked goods that Im now gonna talk about just in case anyone actually cares lol

Dammsugare means vacuum cleaner in swedish, there are two origins to this nickname for the arraksrulle that I know of, it looks like an old model of vacuum cleaner and they used to use crumbs to make the inside bit of this cookie. I dont personally like them but they are extremely populare so maybe I just have weird taste.

Hallongrotta directly translates to raspberry cave, they are pretty much exactly what they sound like, butter dough cookies with a crater on top filled with raspberry jam, usually with some powdered sugar sprinkled on top. they are pretty good.

Mazarin is an old people pastry, young people dont buy them because they look super boring but I love them, really sweet, way too much sugar 10/10

Milanopinne doesnt have anything to do with Milan to my knowledge but for some reason we like naming random baked goods after foreign cities, like Budapest. anyways, it has an almond filling so it just tastes like play dough to me but like the dammsugare it's very populare.

Biskvi is a real classic and there are many variations but the biskvi is with chocolate cover and chocolate butter cream filling on an almond bottom. some people call it a Duché but by definition that's actually a different cookie with way more butter creme so they're wrong and most likely from skåne. I dont like the chocolate butter creme filling but I enjoys other variations.

Prinsessbakelse, a bakelse is a piece of cake cut from a roll that was made specifically to sell as single pieces, there is also the princess cake that is literally the same thing but a full cake. as for the Prinsessbakelse there is a very similare one called an Operabakelse and the only difference between Opera and Prinsess is the cake to cream ratio so most people dont even know about that let alone care about it.

Semla is a true classic, its seasonal and the season is right now, at the end of the fast (that isnt really a thing anymore) you celebrate with cardemum buns filled with almond and cream, back in the day the bread would go stale and to soften it up people would eat it in a bowl of hot milk (this is called Hetvägg) and some people still do it that way. this treat is alco called Tisdagsbulle and Fettisbulle. I prefer the more allergy friendly version where you have vanillacream instead of almonds because again, the almonds taste like playdough (:

and finally, the one that everyone knows and loves, the chokladboll (or chocoball in english) is a favorite for alot of children and adults alike, a unifier of people and generations, truely a masterpiece 11/10

also, two of these have old names that we dont use anymore because they are racist and sometimes I get customers who insist on saying those so I just pretend that I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and point out that whatever thay are saying sounds a bit... wrong. because Im young enough to actually not know those names for the cookies and its hilarious to watch old racist people boil with rage over the name of a sweet.

Hiya! ^^
Im That's Offensive but you can call me El or Frog if you want to, I use they/them pronouns but I dont really mind she/he pronounce. Im a swedish artist that has been hanging out on CS since 2015 and this place really feels like home, this site and the people on it are really important to me~
have some questions for/about my characters? // need art tips?
to find some more art by me you can message me for instagram, flipanim and TH links ^^"
That's Offensive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: sweet tooth

Postby FerretMonarch » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:18 am

Those look so yummy
FerretMonarch