Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

i have never looked so gender by Buzz Aesthetic

Artist Buzz Aesthetic [gallery]
Time spent 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
44 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

i have never looked so gender

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:33 am

i have only felt this gender once, and it was the first time sweat used bee/bees when referring to me
I've dyed my hair some nice bright colors, this was a first attempt, but i have dyed my hair funky ways twice before, once with help from my sister and once on my own to see if i can do crisp edges between color (as a proof of concept ;P )
so yeah turns out dying my hair rainbow was easier than i thought. it was way easier than the gradient last year on my birthday, and looks so cool??

info about dying if you're interested in doing it yourself!
I used two brands of hair dye, iroiro for the "Neon Green" and "Neon Orange" then Arctic fox for the "Wrath" (mixed with "Frosé"), "Poseidon", and "Violet Dream"
i started on the sides, slathering on a good glob of petroleum jelly (i used the cocoa butter one cause it smells tasty, normal jelly works too1) to keep the dye from bleeding onto my skin or other parts of my hair, i went around all sides and blindly added on some to the back right on the crown of my head. then started with the red, using a comb to make a harsh part, then adding the red to my hair- being careful not to go past my part and using one ungloved hand to keep that hair away from the hair i was dying. then i added a nice sheet of saran wrap (not press'n'seal. i used the really thing food wrap plastic that isn't sticky, but will stick to only itself) on top of it, lining up the edge of the plastic on the edge of color.
on the next layer i followed the same pattern, separate hair, dye, keep other hair from getting dyed, but when adding the dye i slathered it onto the saran wrap, to keep it flat against my head/the wrap. then added another layer of saran wrap. The yellow layer is undyed, just bleached. so instead of dye i slathered it with more petroleum jelly (using the same steps as the other two layers) then the rest is just repeat! i left the dyes in for an hour with no bleeding or drips! and i misted my hair lightly if i was having troubles getting nice crisp parts to do the dyes
i dont know if it is a required step or not but when i rinsed my hair i started at the back of my head, rinisng off the purple, then peeling off a layer of wrap, then blue, etc. i hope this prevented a lot of bleeding, but neither of the brands bleed a whole lot anyways as long as you dont add too much of the dye/paste/gunk to your hair!
I didn't use a brush for this one just one gloved hand.

i shared these pictures in the Chicoon discord in off topic last night! My phone takes terrible pictures so i used my sister to take pictures of my hair using her phone <3 <3 thanks wren!
originally... my step mom said i couldn't do it, she said itd be way to difficult to do on my own and i should go in to a professional to get it done, so instead i did something i thought would be easier- i did the gradient pink to blue. which turned out amazing. But i was disheartened that she said i shouldn't do the rainbow i wanted to do originally. i took her at face value and after a year of thinking on it, believing i could do it, i threw her words in the trash and started it on my own overnight. and it turned out SO COOL
words from the wise buzz aes; put more faith in yourself cause you know yourself best <3
bees are pretty cool
x

if you need to contact me, please do so thru toyhouse <3
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: i have never looked so gender

Postby cecro » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:36 am

MMMM YES RAINBOW

hello!
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
they/he pronouns
autistic
toyhouse: cecro
discord: wormies3486
past user: kroger

cecro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:43 am

wormies wrote:MMMM YES RAINBOW

RAINBOW ImageImageImage
bees are pretty cool
x

Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Electronia » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:44 am

the orange-red-purple fade blends so w e l l

it looks really nice
Kyron - College Student - Adult
Slower replies - PMs set to friends only

God Bless
My best friend.
Electronia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:45 am

OHHHH THAT LOOKS RAD
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nyarlathotep|Nathan » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:43 am

I love it buzz! 🐝🌈 💕
I used to be KyotoKyoto
ImageImageImageImage
Discord: nyarlathotep.nathan
Nyarlathotep|Nathan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:05 pm

Oh my GOODNESS that looks so nice! It's so colorful and cheerful, seeing Someone with that Hair walking down the street would definitely brighten my Day. Makes me wish I could pull off the Rainbow Look! Nice job :D
heya, name's Eddie. all pronouns, certified prettyboy. maybe just a bit too into Batman villains, but like, in an aro-ace way. here to chill since 2019. my m.o. is pretty much to pop in every couple months and post on some forum games, so if you see me around? hi 👋

💚my art💚💚cool playlist💚💚youtube💚💚artfight💚

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tat3rT0t » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:06 pm

nice :3
Discord: Boop#8969
Pronouns: They/them
Tat3rT0t

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:11 pm

Electronia wrote:
the orange-red-purple fade blends so w e l l

it looks really nice

Thank you ;v; I'm especially fond of the yellow to green fade ;U;

nio wrote:OHHHH THAT LOOKS RAD

THANK IM SO HAPPY FOR IT

Nyarlathotep|Nathan wrote:I love it buzz! 🐝🌈 💕

Thank you ☺🥰🐝🐝

Rowan Ravenwood wrote:Oh my GOODNESS that looks so nice! It's so colorful and cheerful, seeing Someone with that Hair walking down the street would definitely brighten my Day. Makes me wish I could pull off the Rainbow Look! Nice job :D

I didnt think I could pull off rainbow, but you never know unless you try <3 I really liked seeing people with cool hairdyes irl and wanted to try it myself, if it looked bad I'd just redye or cut it /shrug

Tat3rT0t wrote:nice :3

Thanks B3
bees are pretty cool
x

Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups