Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

the goodest boy by Birdy

Artist Birdy [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

the goodest boy

Postby Birdy » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:05 pm

wanted to make another piece of another shelter animal today. this is the 2nd dog that i built a deep bond with at work, who we'll call O!

O doesn't have a tragic backstory or anything, he just won my heart by being a truly, undeniably good boy. sometimes when you spend all day surrounded by dogs with extra challenging behavioral issues, a calm-natured one is a breath of fresh air. for me, that was O. gentle on walks, he already earned brownie points by not attempting to tug my art out of its socket every time i leashed him up. in addition, he was very sweet, in a "i'm happy to be pet but also happy to do my own thing" kind of way. for some reason, despite having a semi-lengthy stay, shelter life didn't get to him quite like it does other dogs. he always maintained a calm and majestic composure, and sometimes spending time with him made me forget that he was a shelter dog, or that i was working at a shelter at all.

like I said, O had a somewhat lengthy stay at the shelter, which i guess is the only sad part of his story. i can't help but to blame this on his "pittie" look (ignore the labradore-esque depiction, i can't draw lol). yet, if you lined him up against all of the "cute" dogs in our shelter, he'd probably be the best-behaved. in fact, there was a time i had considered taking him home, myself. but like with F, O eventually did find his perfect match!

one thing that i'll forever be grateful for was that i was there to see him off. even though i didn't perform his adoption, myself, i was able to talk to his new family and give him a nice sendoff, which truly made my day. as an added bonus, one of my coworkers has a connection to his family and is able to give updates here and there. it was a bit of a wait, but he handled it with grace, and it all worked out for him in the end!
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the goodest boy

Postby Stephajo » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:31 am

Really like the style of this one!
Stephajo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eyesemote » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:31 am

Quite fantastic work!
just here for cleaning
eyesemote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:59 pm

thanks guys, appreciate it!! i like how he came out, even if he looks wildly different irl lol c:
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me