winter chicoon : 100 : winner! by corvidous

Based on Click to view
Artist corvidous [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 6
30 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

winter chicoon : 100 : winner!

Postby corvidous » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:55 am

you can't really make them out through the snow....
    Oh! Wait, there's something here! They seem like they need a rest though....
    ----------
    After a night's rest, one of the fluffiest chicoons you've seen emerges from a snow drift. They levitate on over to you and introduce themselves!

>come back later?
    >proceed?

Chicoon are a unique type of dragon somewhere settling between
    an Amphithere and a furred Western Dragon!
    However that doesnt explain a lot of their weird traits such as their
    head wings, long slender neck, large nose, or floating infinity-flame

Trait(s)
          > nr: custom lines, expression, size/height
          >c: eye style, ear edits
          >uc: pupil edits, double fire, sparkles, tail edit, minor wing edits
          >r: wings, large fur edit, powers, shaped flame
          > double color flame
          > 0 stripe(s)(rare)
          > "turquoise, iris" flame color

Closing date: 1/12/2022

this is a free effort based contest!
      To win this chicoon, you have 500 words and 2 art pieces to develop their character. Tell me about them and their story! You may 'pretty up' your form. Art pieces may be animated. Judging of the contest will be done by myself with input from the rest of chicoon staff as needed.

A max extension of one week after the original closing date may be offered as needed, however please do not rely on this. If no forms are completed for judging, this chicoon will be listed for sale.
Last edited by corvidous on Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hello

---------

he / they
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: winter chicoon : 100

Postby honey over tofu » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:57 am

mark! (:
call me tofu!
he/him
adult
honey over tofu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonpaw8033 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:00 am

MARK 👀
Moonpaw8033

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liiontai » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:00 am

marking but im moving the 11th so idk if ill have time D':
ImageImageImage
emily • she/her • lesbian
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CS HelpArt Shop
My THThistlehooves
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
commissions: OPEN
art trades: closed

hi! :3c call me liion/emily
pm me if you need help !!
used to be liontamer321
liiontai#0492

i'm really into vtubers and
vocaloid at the moment!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Trade Thread • rat collector
aest timezone
ImageImageImage
liiontai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:02 am

Mark:3
Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arsonbird » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:30 am

MAERK
chicken smoothie, huh?

pls don't look at my old art it's ugly ;w;
arsonbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"you're so small, how are you this warm?"

Postby nio » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:48 am

name Seal
    gender agender
    pronouns it/its

Crystalline eyes are staring down at you, making you feel warm despite being surrounded by thick layers of snow. You're staring back, unblinking. You keep staring, and staring. Your eyes begin to water, and after a long moment you close them, just for a second, not wanting to miss anything the chicoon in front of you may do.

"Hah!"

You're falling back suddenly, as a small warm body is thrust at your chest. The eyes, now up close, are crinkling into a jovial smile.

"You lost the staring contest."

Small, round, and way too cute is how you're choosing to describe the chicoon. It's little body, hardly weighing more than a small hen, curled up on your chest. The feeling of cold, wet snow seeping onto your back is almost diminished by the sheer amount of heat radiating off the chicoon. A frown graces your face.

"You're so small, how are you this warm?"

A smirk is forming on it's face, pure cheek shining in it's eyes.

"You don't know me?" It looks faux-offended. "How rude!"

You're opening your mouth to speak, but before you can say a single word, the chicoon jumps off your chest.

"Why I'm Seal! The Ghost of Christmas' Past!" It pauses. "Hah, just pulling your ears. I'm just a regular old spirit of Winter. It's my job to keep everyone warm when they get lost in the snow! That's why I'm so warm."

It wiggles it's stubby tail, the snowflake-shaped flame bouncing and bobbing.

"This is for guiding people towards safety, which is sometimes a village, and sometimes just my warm body. It's always a bit of a shock for people, ya'know, seeing a snowball-lookin' thing... and being warmed by it."

You're nodding along as the chicoon speaks. It places a heated hand on your head, giving you are nougie.

"Get up you silly sock, you're getting all wet and cold!"

"Hey, I'm only down here 'cus of you!" You point out as you pull yourself up off the ground. Brr. The snow really was setting into your body. Even your bones are cold. "Lend me your services, great spirit of Winter?"

"Cut the formalities and I will. I'm nothin' special. Just a living heat pack!"

You tap it on the nose.

"Hey, you are pretty special! Don't sell yourself short."

It grins.

"But I am pretty short!"

Your hand finds your face and a gentle smack is heard.

"I'm sure you've saved plenty of lives, friend."

It looks at you, eyes wide. You see something swimming inside them, but you don't dare ask. The creature looks even smaller than normal, just for a moment. It nods slowly.

"Yeah. That's what's most important to me. Saving others. And... making up for... the ones I couldn't save."

A moment passes. Snow begins to fall gently. The chicoon looks to the sky. A smile returns to it's face.

"Well, time to go! Keep yourself warm and safe, friend!"

A flurry of snow blows, and it's gone.

[499 words]
Last edited by nio on Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HoneyLavender࿐ » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:56 am

Mark

████████ Image

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Non-Binary - They/Them - Europe
Kalons - BM's - 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙#5098 - ©
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HoneyLavender࿐

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FatalCollapse » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:29 am

Username: FatalCollapse
Name: Konpeitō, Ito for short
Prompt: Inspired by choose your own adventure stories
    Word Count: 530
---

"Hello, I'm Konpeitō, but you can call me Ito!" It purred "Are you lost?" The small creature chirped
>Tell the Truth or Lie?<

Tell The Truth wrote:You shook your head 'yes', your teeth chattering and lips turning blue from the temperatures. You gave a short summery of how you managed to get to where you were and description of your goal destination.
>Continue<

Lie wrote:You shook your head 'no' and gave the creature, known as Konpeitō, an attempt at a reassuring smile. Ito gave you a small nod "I wish you well on your journey, Traveler" before slowly floating away, the storm appearing as if it consumed the small thing. You continued your hike through the storm, but it was cold.... so cold. You could've been walking in circles and would't have been the wiser. Will you prevail or will mother nature triumph once more?
>GAME OVER - START AGAIN?<

"Oh I know that place!" Ito gleamed "It's just beyond that mountain" Pointing with it's nose Konpeitō motioned to a medium sized rise. "But a human like you shouldn't be exposed to a storm like this!" Ito objected "Please follow me and I'll lead you to shelter where you can wait out this terrible weather." Ito turned and floated away, opposite direction of the mountain, into the storm.
>Continue towards the mountain or Follow Konpeitō<

Continue Towards The Mountain wrote:You watched Konpeitō float off into the distance soon losing site of them. You then continued your track towards the mountain. You were still at the base of the mountain when you could't feel your cheeks anymore. The storm picked up making it even more difficult to see where your footing was. Will you ever make it to your destination?
>GAME OVER - START AGAIN?​<

Follow Konpeitō wrote:Hesitantly, you followed Ito. The journey wasn't too long and before you knew it, you were at the entrance of a cave. >Continue<

"Come on in and make yourself at home!" Ito exclaimed "I don't have company over that often, so you're welcomed to say as long as you wish" Ito buzzed into the cave's entrance leaving you outside.
>Don't enter or Enter the cave?<

Don't Enter The Cave wrote:Panic consumed you. Was entering this cave worth it? What secrets is Ito hiding? You'd rather attempt to wait out the storm by yourself then enter the home of a creature you had just met. You can out-wait this storm, right?
>GAME OVER - START AGAIN<​​​​

Enter the Cave wrote:To simply put it, you were exhausted and so cold. You pushed any fears you had aside, braced yourself, and entered the cave.
>Continue<

As you entered the cave, a warm breeze from a fire greeted you. "You can lay your stuff over here" chirped Ito circling a small area. You laid your belongings down and made yourself comfortable. You dug in your bag and took out some food and shared a meal with your new friend, Ito. Once you finished eating you can feel a wave a tiredness consume you. "You deserved a nap" chimed Ito. The creature forced it's nose under your hand and as your hand stroked the creature's soft fur, a sweet almost tangy aroma filled your nose. You're eyes grew heavy and you drifted off into a deep slumber.

Last edited by FatalCollapse on Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

╔════════════════════════╗
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ᴀꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀꜱ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʟᴀᴜɢʜ,

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ 🐱 👑 🐺
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Image
‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎Image
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
‎ ‎‎ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ
╚════════════════════════╝
FatalCollapse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosi » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:13 am

Username: Rosi
Name: Niebo
Pronouns: They/It
Playlist
>
>
>
Word count: 368
>Brilliant soul-fire blue and star-streaked pink eyes look up at you, a small puffed white chicoon floats at your feet, their paws just above the powdery snow landscape, not touching. You kneel down to speak with them better.
>“Who are you?” You ask, confused and a bit chilled from the dry polar air.
>“I am Niebo, who are you?” A calm, far away voice says, the sound reverberates throughout the endless landscape. This voice almost seems to already know the answers, and the small chicoons’ wide eyes glitter with both ancient and childlike energy.
>“I can’t remember…?” You reply, looking around frantically finally realizing you don't know how you got here or where you were before.
The soft yet clear voice cuts through your mind’s frantic panicking. With an amused laugh that sounds almost like a wind-chime it said,
>“Come with me, I will take you to the place where you belong.” You look at the chicoon once again and you place your hand on their back. They take you into the cold distant unknown, but somehow you begin to feel warm inside. You leave a trail of footprints in the snow disrupting the void of white and the only reminder to the world that you were ever there…
Art goes here
This small chicoon, Niebo, is a snow guide. They help people lost in the snow and ice to either get back to safety, or if they have already died, calm them down and help them get to the afterlife. Niebo usually speaks in the person they are interacting withs’ head or a voice that seems to come from the landscape. They are ancient yet childlike and their age is currently unknown. It is unknown where they come from or go in between helping people but they often pop up from under the snow. It is unknown whether they are a god or celestial being, or what their intentions are in helping people. The dimension Niebo takes people to consists of pure white endless snow and cloudless sky, the dead often find themselves here missing their memories with Niebo floating in front of them, while the living don’t get teleported into this dimension. Instead Niebo just leads them to safety.

More art can go here
WIP
Rosi
She/They
TH
✿Friends: ~ ~ ~
A strange new egg... Image
Rosi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery