Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Shorxs [Semi-Open Species] by Yugi

Artist Yugi [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
48 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Shorxs [Semi-Open Species]

Postby Yugi » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:53 pm

❖ Welcome to the Shorx Pit ❖
Traits | Rules | Street Market | MYO/Customs | Artist Search | Exchange | Nursery

Basic Overview wrote:Shorxs are a type of bipedal semiaquatic, egg-laying mammals. They are fierce predators, both in the water and on land, and typically reside around salt water based environments. They are agile in both environments and are a quite clever species. Shorxs are social creatures who often form groups called skulks. However, it is not uncommon to see solitary Shorxs. Those that are solitary will choose to live a life of a scavenger rather than that of a hunting predator.

Shorxs are identified by their lack of mammalian ears and instead feature prominent horns in their place. These horns often represent their strength and social standing within their skulks, with multi-horned Shorxs receiving the title of "crowned" due to the complex elegance their horns provide to their appearance.

They typically have a singular dorsal fin located on their back, sturdy fins on their forearms, gills located on their neck, and retractable webbing in-between their hand claws and foot paws. These webbings are almost impossible to see when they're on land, but are much easier identifiable when in the water when their fingers and toes spread out. They also have a leather nose that features a keen sense of smell on land with the ability to shut close fully when underwater. While Shorxs feature gills, it is key to note that they are unable to stay still underwater for too long. They need to swim constantly to use ram ventilation in order to survive underwater.

They are entirely covered in a dense, waterproof fur, with the exception of the paw pads present on their feet paws. Shorxs lack any noticeable padding on their hand claws, making it much easier for them to grip onto various items, such as oysters, various shellfish, and rocks. Their hand claws are instead covered in a layer of very short dense fur, which aids in protecting their hands from temperature changes and sharp points. Their fur is noticeably longer on the top of their head, back of their neck, haunches, and tail.
Last edited by Yugi on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:51 am, edited 7 times in total.
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Shorxs Trait List

Traits and Mutations

Traits operate on a star rarity system with 1 being the most common and 3 being the most rare.
You can tell the rarity of a trait with how many stars are listed next to it.

All traits are able to be used together with the exception of horn mutations; Shorxs may only have 1 horn trait active at anytime.

No Rarity wrote:No Rarity Traits
These are traits and edits that can be added, removed, and modified at anytime. They include the following:
- Injuries and scars
- Accessories and tattoos
- Weight edits
- Expression edits

⭐ wrote:1-Star Traits
Unihorn* - A singular horn decorating the Shorx's head.
Duohorn* - A pair of symmetrical horns decorating the Shorx's head.
Hair Edit* - Changes the hair present on the Shorx's head and back of the neck. Can have its style changed at anytime.
Neck Gills* - Changes the appearance of the gills present on the Shorx's neck.
Heterochromia* - Two different colored eyes. Sectoral heterochromia is also allowed to be included.
Teeth Edit* - An edit that affects the teeth within the Shorx's mouth.
Claw Edit* - An edit that can affect the claws on both the Shorx's hands and feet.

⭐⭐ wrote:2-Star Traits
Trihorn** - Three horns decorating the Shorx's head.
Quadhorn** - Two pairs of symmetrical horns decorating the Shorx's head for a total of four horns.
Tail Edit** - Swaps out the tail for a new one of any style.
Body Gills** - Gills are now added to the body area. May be positioned anywhere below the neck.
Whiskers** - Hair-like protrusions that are present anywhere on the face and head.
Fin Edit** - Changes the back dorsal fin and the fins on the forearms. May be used to add additional fins to the body and head.
Fur Edit** - Allows the body fur to be changed, removed, and added on.

⭐⭐⭐ wrote:3-Star Traits
Crowned*** - Allows for more than 5 horns to be present on the Shorx's head.
Spined*** - Allows for sharp spines to appear on the Shorx's body.
Scaled*** - Allows for fish-like scales to appear on the Shorx's body.
Multi-Limb*** - Increases number of limbs. May affect the head, arms, legs, and tail.
Multi-Gaze*** - Increases number of eyes. Eyes may be included anywhere on the Shorx's body and head.
Cyclops*** - Removes any eyes on the Shorx's head and condenses them into one large eye.
Elemental*** - Adds your choice of one elemental flair to the Shorx. This can affect any part of their body and traits that they have (i.e. a water tail, fire whiskers, electricity horns, etc.) May be stacked.
Symbiotic*** - Adds your choice of one living floral or fauna to the Shorx. This can affect any part of their body and traits that they have (i.e. snake tail, plant growth fur, etc.) May be stacked.
Last edited by Yugi on Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Shorxs Rules and TOS

Rules

The following rules can be changed and updated at anytime.
There will be a changelog kept to record any and all major rule updates.

Semi-Open Notes
- Shorxs are a semi-open species meaning the following:
1. You may create your own unofficial Shorxs. They may be referenced to and featured in your art and literature.
2. You may gift, trade, and sell unofficial Shorx designs, but you must state they are unofficial.
3. Unofficial Shorxs may not participate in any community activities or events.
4. In order to make an unofficial Shorx official, you will need to obtain a MYO item.
- If you are caught scamming users with unofficial Shorxs, you will be banned from the community.
- You do not need to ask for permission to create, gift, trade, and sell unofficial Shorxs; please feel more than free to have fun :]

Participation
- All CS rules apply when participating in contests, adopts, and activities.
- Payment for monetary adopts is required to be sent within 48 hours unless otherwise specified by the artist.
- All payments for monetary adopts are final, regardless of the currency.
- Failure to follow contest rules can lead to your entry being disqualified or the ability to try out being temporarily revoked.
- Likewise, failure to follow rules can lead to potential bans from the community, both permanent and temporary.
- If you are permanently banned from the community, your Shorxs will be retired and will be listed as unofficial.
- Staff cannot reclaim a Shorx design unless they were obtained through scamming, in which the design will be transferred back to the appropriate owner.

Ownership
- You are free to use your Shorxs as you'd like.
- Co-ownership is not allowed; all Shorxs must have only one listed owner.
- Once you relinquish ownership of your Shorx, you no longer have control over them.
- You may choose to retire your Shorx at anytime. They may be made re-official if a new MYO item is applied to them.
- Retiring allows you to transfer the design out of the species, as long as credit to the original designer is provided.

Transfership
- All Shorxs are eligible to be traded and gifted, regardless of how they were obtained.
- Shorxs may be resold if they meet one of the following prerequisites:
1. If they were purchased with currency, they may be resold at the same price without additional art.
2. If they are a MYO/custom, they may be resold at the same price the MYO item/custom slot is priced without additional art.
3. If they come with artwork made by you or that was commissioned, you may sell them accordingly to their art worth.
- Note that prerequisite #3 does not count gift art or art obtained via trades.

MYOs
- MYO is short for Make Your Own.
- MYO items are obtained through purchase or won via events.
- MYOs may be created by you or by another user.
- MYO items are not account bound. They may be traded, gifted, or resold at anytime.

Customs
- Customs are slots offered by official artists to create personalized Shorxs for your ownership and development.
- Custom slots are primarily obtained through purchase, though official artists may give away slots for free or through contest.
- Custom slots are account bound. They may be purchased on the behalf of another user.
Last edited by Yugi on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Shorx Staff

Postby Yugi » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:54 pm

Shorx Staff

Interested in joining?
The Artist Search is open!

Yugi wrote:
Artist Admin
Da Shorx maker who
makes da Shorxs 👌
☺痛み wrote:
Official Artist
Dude who makes to
many edgy designs
??? wrote:
???
??? wrote:
???
??? wrote:
???
Last edited by Yugi on Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shorxs [Semi-Open Species]

Postby Loxosceles » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:56 pm

maRK
ImageImageImage
Loxosceles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WOOPERSNUMBERONEFAN » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:57 pm

Mark!
HI!!!!! I LOEV WOOPER A LOT WOOPER IS BEST I GO BY ANY PRONOUSN AND UHHHH I LIEK WOOPER :}

discord: woopersnumberonefan

PLEASE NOTE: i am autistic. i struggle with understanding tone online/through text. if i have done something wrong/or have in the past, please tell me, as i might not know.
WOOPERSNUMBERONEFAN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fishkin » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:57 pm

ooo mark!!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image||Fishy||Artist|| Adult||Sig anim by me||Image
Credit
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fishkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Doglike » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:15 pm

Mark!
╔═════════════════════════════════════╗
INFJ | He/Him | Web + Graphic Designer | CS Artist
───────────────────────
Hi! I'm Doglike. I like napping, tea, and plants.

───────────────────────
FR | ART SHOP | TRADES | 🌼 🦔 🦌
╚═════════════════════════════════════╝
Doglike
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me