Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Leading Characters by IceFang100

Based on Click to view
Artist IceFang100 [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Leading Characters

Postby IceFang100 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:49 pm

This isn't the full set of my characters (there's far too many, ha), but it is headshots of six of them! Below are quick descriptions of each (in order of left to right, top row then bottom row). There's abundant art of them on my DeviantART page (including tidbits of story-related art, though I haven't yet completed the projects any of them are from).

Ice / Icefang wrote:Black and white cat with blue eyes and long fur. She has white ear tufts and long canine teeth. The white patches are on her muzzle, dots above her eyes, and a splash on her chest. This is the character my account's named after!

Ice is assertive and often defaults to anger. She is the protagonist of her story, wherein she leads a revolution against several other groups of cats. The story was originally based in the Warriors (by Erin Hunter) universe, but now stands on its own.

Dusk 'Amundus' Esposito wrote:Indistinct species, visually similar to a saber-toothed cat as well as possibly a lion. Her fur is black with white accents representing scars (one on her forehead, one on her throat, and a line across the back of her neck). Dusk's eyes are yellow with slitted pupils, and her ears are long, with splits at the ends.

Dusk is a friendly individual, preferring to avoid conflict whenever possible. She is the protagonist of her story, following the life of her and her family and friends, recovering from their use in a war (having been created for it). Alice is her sister.

Alice 'Death' Rostami wrote:Red-pink manticore, the headshot only showing lion aspects. Her fur is light pink, with her mane being a much darker maroon-like shade, and inner ears a moderate color between the two. Alice's eyes are yellow.

Alice is an aggressive, often angry individual. She's something like a narrative foil for Dusk (her sister) in their shared story, and leads a gang (Pandora's Fears). The gang was formed as a sort of vigilante organization, tracking down the people who created Alice, Dusk, and others for the war effort.

Casey Muller wrote:Civet with three-toned grey fur; his markings (a line down his back and a few barely-visible rosette-like spots along the line) are darkest and his underbelly is lightest. The rest of his fur is a moderate grey, and his eyes are green.

Casey is a jovial person, prone to laughing off most issues he faces. He's a graffiti artist, and shares a story with Luke, wherein he's a romantic interest.

Joshua Wray wrote:Red-tailed hawk with mixed ancestry (this character is from an anthro-based setting where hybridization is common). His head is a slate grey color, and his neck is a moderate orange color. His beak is light grey, bordered by light orange, and he has yellow eyes. He has gryphon-like feathered ears.

Joshua is a cold individual, focused on his own profits above all else. He works in law enforcement, but certainly doesn't do his job well (often stealing evidence if it's money or anything valuable). Joshua is the protagonist of his story, which involves working with a prolific criminal, doing something (yet undecided) for large quantities of money. This does not end well for them.

Luke Sandoval wrote:[Luke's genderfluid, using they/he/she, in order of frequency. I'll be referring to Luke with they/them in this description.]

Brown-scale canine similar to a German shepherd. They have dark brown fur on their muzzle outer ears, with a connecting dark brown marking between the ears and flowing down the back of their neck. Some dark brown is also visible on the sides of their face. Luke's inner ears and underbelly are pale brown, and their eyes are yellow. Over their eyes and (minimally) along the dark brown on their face, a moderate brown is present.

Luke is a rather socially awkward but well-meaning individual, and works in law enforcement. He shares a story with Casey, wherein he's the protagonist.
"Then he'd look off someplace in the distance
At something only he could see
He'd say, 'All that's left now of the old days:
Those [censored] old coyotes and me.'

[...]

One morning, they searched his adobe
He disappeared without even a word
But that night, as the moon crossed the mountain
One more coyote was heard."
-"Coyotes", by Don Edwards
IceFang100

My pets