Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Innis Dragons [ A Semi-Open Species ] by liiontai

Based on Click to view
Artist liiontai [gallery]
Time spent 17 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
53 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Innis Dragons [ A Semi-Open Species ]

Postby liiontai » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:46 am

๐Ÿ‡ผโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡จโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ดโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฒโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡นโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ดโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ทโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ดโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ!

rules + staff | trait list | archive | item shop | myos | trades | faq

Innis Dragons, or simply Innis [ i - ness ], are a semi-open species heavily inspired by eastern dragons. If enough people are interested I may create a small discord server. Due to my limited time to run a species, I am simply leaving Innis semi-open so I do not have to be the sole creator of designs- I want others to enjoy them as much as myself! I will still be moderating threads, running the archive and approving MYOs to the best of my ability. Patience will be appreciated!

Please read through all of the rules before joining our community!

lore wrote:
๐Ÿ‡ผโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ญโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡นโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ทโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ทโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ดโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ?

Innis are furred dragons native to various cold, icy regions of Asia. Originally encased in ice and placed into deep slumber hundreds of years ago by a strange magic, recent shifts in global temperature are waking them up. The reason for their encasement is currently unknown. More and more Innis are being found across the globe, searching for new masters. Though largely unaltered by the sleep spell, remnants of sleep dust have altered their smoke to give it a shimmering quality and mild drowsiness effect to those who inhale it. Innis are generally tired as a result of breathing in their own smoke on accident.

Innis naturally possess some mythical abilities, such as flying and fire/smoke breath. Most Innis grow to around 1.6 metres tall (excl. horns) and up to 3.4 metres long (incl. tail). The most common sizes are around that range, however extremely large or small Innis have been discovered. Innis are quadrupeds with dexterous feet, which can be used for gripping, climbing and scratching. Generally, each foot has a dewclaw, with four clawed toes on the front feet and three clawed toes on the hind feet. Occasionally an Innis will be spotted standing on its hind legs or balancing on its tail for various tasks. Scientists are currently unsure if the whiskers serve a sensory purpose or not, as while most Innis have them, some do not. By default Innis have 2 sets of horns on their heads. The larger set of horns is used for the rare instance an Innis needs to fight or defend themselves. The smaller set of horns is a social tool to attract other Innis.

Innis have slow metabolisms and as such do not need to eat often. When an Innis does require food, they are omnivorous with a focus on roots, nuts, fish and large prey animals. In their traditional snowy habitats, this would be the hardy flora and fauna of the tundra and mountains, such as Ibex and wild sheep. Occasionally Innis have been known to hunt predators such as the Snow Leopard. This is uncommon behaviour as Innis generally favour easier prey.

More information is added here as the modern world re-discovers Innis.
Perhaps the mystery of their past may be solved eventually??..
Last edited by liiontai on Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:52 am, edited 17 times in total.
liiontai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules + Staff

Postby liiontai » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:46 am

๐Ÿ‡ทโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡บโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ

• Do not directly copy the artwork/lore/assets/code of Innis Dragons. This will result in a ban/warning depending on the severity.
  • Do not remove my signature from the reference. You can move it around if it is in the way.
  • Please be respectful and avoid drama within the species. Anyone causing drama or upsetting others will be dealt with appropriately.
  • Though Innis are semi-open, all MYOs are still subject to being approved before becoming official.
  • Innis Dragons cannot be sold for more than they were bought for + their art worth. If you won/made your Innis for free, you can only trade or gift it, until you gain extra art that was paid for with either virtual or real currency.
  • Please do use the free MYOs as a way to profit off of Innis. The occasional sale/trade of a free Innis MYO you have lost connection to is ok, however those who frequently create free MYOs only to sell them will be banned.
  • There is a limit of five free MYOs per user. This limit may raise in the future!
  • Innis Dragons cannot be sold for real currency, unless purchased for real currency, or if they have art purchased for real currency.
  • You must post on the trade archive thread when selling/trading/gifting your Innis or Innis items to another user. Both the old and new owner must post the correct form on the thread.
  • Innis cannot be transferred out of species without permission. You must gather permission from liiontai and the designer before transferring your Innis. Once transferred you must still credit Innis Dragons for the initial species.
  • Innis Dragons cannot be co-owned. This complicates the archive and makes tracking much harder. Any users caught doing so will receive warnings and ownership will be fully transferred to whoever is listed in the archives.
  • Innis belonging to banned members may be kept, but you may not sell/trade them. If you no longer want your Innis Dragon you must return them to the species to be put up for official re-adoption, or gift them to someone else within the species.
  • You cannot change the designs of Innis Dragons you got through adopts, however MYOs may be revamped so long as new rare and above traits are not added. New rare+ traits may be added through edit items.
  • These rules may be updated and edited at any time. Major additions/changes will be announced.

๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ดโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡นโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ

• I do not own furry eastern dragons as a concept. Please feel free to make your own! Innis are semi-open which allows for the creation of free standard, common and uncommon Innis through our MYOs thread, with higher rarities being available to purchase or win through official adoptables. If you don't like the idea of closed species please feel free to make your own characters based on the same concept, they just won't be eligible to engage with the community or be advertised as Innis Dragons!
  • Innis of any gender or sexuality can exist and are welcome to breed with any other Innis provided they are both adults and not related.
  • You are free to mess around with the lore of your Innis dragon! I have provided the canon lore for the species within the first post however you are free to change it however you like.

๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡นโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ซโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ซโ€Œ

liiontai
owner/mod/artist/archivist

grassman.
artist

Faeyote
artist

i am not actively looking to hire any staff however if any mutuals would like to be added as artists/moderators/archivists feel free to message me here or on discord! it wouldn't be paid formerly, however you'd be free to create paid adopts/higher rarity MYOs as you wished. there would not be any strict requirements to make adopts, just the option to make official adopts if that's something you'd be interested in!
Last edited by liiontai on Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:41 am, edited 10 times in total.
liiontai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Trait List

Postby liiontai » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:47 am

๐Ÿ‡นโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ทโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡นโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡นโ€Œ
The percentage listed next to the tier is the chance for it to pass during a breeding. It is rolled by staff per offspring.

Non-Rarity | Cannot Pass
Expression Edit
Accessories
Custom Lines
Missing Limb/s from Injury
Scars
Cracked/Broken Horns
Weight Edit
Tattoos
Prosthetics
Pose adjustment

Standard | Auto-pass unless overridden
Standard Lineart
Default Horns / 2 Pairs
Backmane
White Sclera

Common | 50%
Heterochromia
Eyebrow Edit
Curly Fur
Minor Fur Edits
Short Hair Edit (above chin)
Scaled underbelly
(runs from under chin and fades towards end of tail)
Smooth/Shorter Fur

Uncommon| 25%
Tongue Edit
Pupil Edit
Coloured Sclera
Sectoral Heterochromia
Teeth Edit
Longer fur
Long Hair Edit (below chin)
Tail Edit (other)
Short Tail
Ear Edit
Tuft Edit (end of tail)
Claw Edit
Backmane Edit
Only 1 set of horns (short)
Muzzle Edit
Edited horns (any set)
Additional scales placed elsewhere
No tail
Whisker edit
Spikes on body
Antennae
Scented smoke

Rare | 15%
Metallic Horns/Claws
Gigantism
Dwarfism
Blindness (1 or both eyes)
No Pupil
Longer Tail
Feet Edit
No Whiskers
No Claws
No Backmane
3+ Pairs of Horns (5+ horns)
Only 1 set of horns (long)
Glowing design elements
Cybernetics
Missing limbs (genetic)
2 Tails
Any tail
Oligodactyly/polydactyly
Extra ears

Legendary | 5%
Multiple heads
Extra Limbs
Extra Eyes
Extra Mouthes
Wings
(Innis can already fly, wings are aesthetic)
Glowing eyes
Gene splice
3+ Tails
Halo/s (any location)

Please note this list is subject to be edited as required. If a trait is not listed please ask me and I will provide a rarity and update the list. Design traits linked to pelt design (piebald/chimerism/albinism/melanism) are not listed and are free to be included as simply elements of the design itself.
Last edited by liiontai on Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:21 am, edited 7 times in total.
liiontai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ / Etc

๐Ÿ‡ซโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ทโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ถโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡บโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡นโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡พโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ถโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡บโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡นโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ดโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ
Many common questions are already answered by the rules/notes!
Please be sure to re-read them if your question is not listed here.

What does 'semi-open' mean?
      A 'semi-open' species is a mix of a closed species and an open species, with varying levels of openness. A closed species means only approved artists can create designs for the species (minus paid MYOs). An open species means anyone can create designs of the species with no limits.
      In terms of Innis dragons, I allow free standard and common rarity Innis Dragons to be created by anyone, provided they follow some rules and are approved by staff! Currently there is a cap of 5, however this will be raised as that limit is reached by users and time passes.

Is there a limit to how many Innis Dragons I can own?
      There is currently no limit to how many Innis one user can own! As long as you can properly credit/store your Innis, unlimited Innis are allowed.

Is there a limit to how many Innis Dragons I can create for free?
      Currently users may only create 5 free standard/common/uncommon MYOs. This limit will be raised as multiple users hit this limit and/or time passes. These MYOs can be traded/gifted to others however, it is only a limit on free MYO creation rather than ownership!

Can I make my MYO offsite?
      Yes! There is a PSD file linked on both the MYO thread and pinned in the Discord. The rules for offsite myos are on the MYO thread.

What is that fire thing in the reference?
      That is the smoke reference! All Innis have smoke affected by the sleep spell, and as such remnants of sleep dust gives their smoke and flames a glittery quality, along with the ability to invoke drowsiness on those who inhale some.

Why can't I buy standard/common MYOs?
      Standard/common MYOs will be introduced to the shop as users hit the free MYO limit without me raising the cap.

If you have any suggestions for changes/new questions to be added here, please let me know! If anything reads as unclear I'm happy to alter the wording.

๐Ÿ‡งโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ/๐Ÿ‡ผโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ทโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ

nothing here!

๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡นโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฒโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ตโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ/๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ซโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡นโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ

nothing here!
Last edited by liiontai on Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:36 am, edited 12 times in total.
liiontai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Innis Dragons DO NOT POST

additional spare res
ImageImageImage
emily โ€ข she/her โ€ข lesbian
โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ
CS Help โ€ข Art Shop
My TH โ€ข Thistlehooves
commissions: OPEN
art trades: closed

hi! :3c call me liion/emily
pm me if you need help !!
used to be liontamer321
liiontai#0492

i'm really into vtubers and
vocaloid at the moment!
Trade Thread โ€ข rat collector
aest timezone
ImageImageImage
liiontai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Innis Dragons

Postby liiontai » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:48 am

open for marking/questions/general discussion!
ImageImageImage
emily โ€ข she/her โ€ข lesbian
CS Help โ€ข Art Shop
My TH โ€ข Thistlehooves
commissions: OPEN
art trades: closed

hi! :3c call me liion/emily
pm me if you need help !!
used to be liontamer321
liiontai#0492