Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Christmas Truce by WishUponACzar

Artist WishUponACzar [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Christmas Truce

Postby WishUponACzar » Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:25 pm

quick sketchy thing to commemorate one of the most famous christmas miracles in history. in 1914, several temporary ceasefires took place along the front lines because many of the soldiers believed they'd be done fighting by christmas, which was not the case (though no one ever said which christmas- the war was indeed over by christmas...1918 :I).
by 1915 though, very few ceasefires took place because higher ranking officials banned them, needing their men to stay focused, and by 1916 there were no more.

also, remember this?
WishUponACzar on Let It Be (1970) wrote:Whew I'm done! I meant to post this on Christmas Eve or Day but while my family claims we're not going anywhere or no one's coming over, I have my suspicions that we may either make an impromptu visit to my aunt (because she insists we come), or she will come to our house uninvited... sigh. As a result, Christmas has come early and this is your gift, dear watchers of this project!

i was right. it was the former.
why u highlighting my siggy, buddy?
HELP!
ImageImageImageImage
czar ✪ they/she ✪ central time
cs' resident wwi collector, beatlemaniac,
astros fan, and hobby cartoonist or smth
LF new UR 🐉 // 💻 UFA // art, chars, comms // 🍪📦🏰
WishUponACzar

My pets
My items
My wishlist