I think pugs are cute, BUUUUT...

"I think pugs are cute, BUUUUT..." by [ r a t ]

Dressup entry

I think pugs are cute, BUUUUT...

Postby [ r a t ] » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:51 pm

...I have very strict opinions on dog breeds and the "standards" held to them. I may sound like a jerk, but I've got strong feelings for these animals.

(prepare for a big fat...rant? winge? complaining? WHAT?)

Animals being bred for extreme features, such as pugs and bulldogs, may look cute but often struggle with breathing and have underbites. This strange breeding is also seen in "brachycephalic cats."
Lots of big dog breeds, such as dobermans and similar large "tough" breeds have their naturally floppy ears cropped.
Small dogs such as corgis, many that are born with naturally long tails, often have their tails lobbed off.

The last two things mentioned are rarely done for actual "health reasons" but often for "breed standards," to look intimidating or cosmetic looks. I'm not gonna snoop around and hound people on here who have animals like these (some people will receive their animals already cropped or cut by the breeder,) but I'm merely stating my dislike for these things (specifically breed standards in the US.)

...my friend has a pug. His face isn't snubby as a normal pug, and he's ridiculously leggy. Maybe he's a mutt or something...but he's weird. Changes his mind on a whim and essentially flies around the living room with a tug-o-war toy in his mouth. He's a wrinkly snausage dog.
[ r a t ]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me