My first Oekaki by JohannaAppleforest

Based on Click to view
Artist JohannaAppleforest [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

My first Oekaki

Postby JohannaAppleforest » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:37 pm

This is my first Oekaki drawing. This was more difficult than expected because I normally use stuff like Sketchbook Pro. I was trying to find a blending brush, and what I found was uhh... horrifying. Not like the blending tool I was used to.

So after that, I was looking through the other tools to make do, and I was like "airbrush is gonna be really difficult as it's not a good shading tool for art programs", and I did part of the face and the entire wing with airbrush. After a bit of trial and error, I was like "woah! I actually made it decent!!" (The entire wing is made with only airbrush still).

Someone from the community told me that I should instead do watercolor but with a lot of scattering on. After some practice I did this method on the entire rest of the wolf. I hav to say it's pretty decent. I don't like the eye very much though, and I feel like I could do 10000x better on the shading but it was what I could do so far with the program. At the end, I'm actually pretty proud of this. So yeah!

I took out the original shading to do my own realistic shading, but the entire lineart is not mine :) it should put who it is right away.
JohannaAppleforest

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄EMO▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Hi everyone! I go by Johanna online. I'm an emo girl. I love horses, ponies, and wolves the most. If you want to talk to me, feel free because I'd love to make some friends. I also do RPs, commissions, art trades, and pet trading. I'm obsessed with lots of shows like Ninjago and Tokyo Revengers for example. I make tons of OCs for shows I like.
JohannaAppleforest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me