Baltic Husky 488 - closed

Postby olivionary » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:37 am

Owner: certified
    Kennel/Stable: BA
    Show Name: BA's Godsend
    Call Name: Dizzy
    Color: Black Extreme White
    Genotype: KK BB DD alal EE iiic SlSl SxSx gg mm tt Ffc N+n+
    Special Notes: This dog is deaf and sterile. Bob tail is genetic.

Tell me a short story that relates to their deafness.
    Ends 13th December at 6pm CS time.

Code: Select all
    [b]Owner:[/b]
    [b]Kennel/Stable:[/b]
    [b]Show Name:[/b]
    [b]Call Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Prompt:[/b]
Last edited by olivionary on Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Baltic Husky 488 - Open

Postby DangerSnek » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:40 am

Owner: DangerSnek
    Kennel/Stable: xxx
    Show Name: FTE's Cause for Alarm
    Call Name: Danger
    Prompt: Danger lies in wait for what feels like forever, quiet as a mouse but fierce as a lion. She stays alert, eyes peeled for anyone trying to hide away. She waits for her opportune moment to strike.
    Suddenly, she spots her target - the white male husky with the orange and black harness. Bingo. Danger slowly wiggles her rump, smile widening as the male creeps about, oblivious to the threat yet to come. Then - she pounces.
    Suga whirls around as the deafened female charges him. He turns tail and dashes away - and so the chase begins!

This is how play time typically goes - Danger picks a spot in the bushes while the other dogs will hide away. Usually, the others are fairly good at avoiding her; after all, with Danger being deaf, she doesn't realize the subtle noises she's making while hiding, which gives her clever spot away. All except Suga - the boy is a good sport about it and will pretend not to hear Danger's occasional rustling, allowing the older gal to catch him and have just as much fun as everyone else is having.
Last edited by DangerSnek on Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Icon by Relicarn!
DangerSnek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:52 am

Owner: Firedancer77
Kennel/Stable: Rose Petal Kennels
Show Name: RPK's High Lord of Winter
Call Name: Kallias
Prompt:

wip!

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby werepickle » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:16 pm

Owner: werepickle
Kennel/Stable: Kennel
Show Name: Rhythm In The Paws
Call Name: Vinton
Prompt:

- Written from Vintons POV -
- Dog mentioned in story Rio (Storm to Vinton)

Silence. That's all I've ever know since I was born. I always watched as the days went by but never heard any a sound. Ive always wonder what things would sound like, would they be slow but melodious tones or loud high pitch squeals. Soon I was being transferred to a new place. Rolling Hills or that's what the sign said at least. It was weird being in a new place. New smells, new sights and oh so many dogs. It didn't take long for me to find a new friend. Unfortunately I was never to know her name but I aptly caller her Storm, because that's what she looked like me. Being deaf had its advantages but it also came with its cons. I never got scared, never bullied and also in constant peace. But I would never truly felt if any, joy that a dog would get of being called, even though I don't know my actual name. Despite being deaf I always have a goofy smile and live my best life no matter what comes my way.
werepickle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby certified » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:23 am

Prompt: Dizzy's owner had gotten her as a puppy. She had been fostered for quite some time, been through the adoption process 6 times just to be returned each time. Each person had said the same thing- "I thought this would be easier than it is. We're just not equipped to handle a deaf dog." and Dizzy would come back to her foster family each time.
A volunteer at Birch Acres, Raj, saw Dizzy and loved her with everything he had in him and wanted to bring her home. He knew they'd be best friends because he too was deaf. Raj took her home, and as expected, Dizzy took right to him. He started teaching her sign language, using vibrations to get her attention if she wasn't looking in his direction.
Dizzy didn't have an issue learning, and in fact picked it up rather quick. Raj and Dizzy both enjoyed having someone who knew how to communicate with the other and they soon became inseparable.

certified

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:41 pm

certified wrote:

Prompt: Dizzy's owner had gotten her as a puppy. She had been fostered for quite some time, been through the adoption process 6 times just to be returned each time. Each person had said the same thing- "I thought this would be easier than it is. We're just not equipped to handle a deaf dog." and Dizzy would come back to her foster family each time.
A volunteer at Birch Acres, Raj, saw Dizzy and loved her with everything he had in him and wanted to bring her home. He knew they'd be best friends because he too was deaf. Raj took her home, and as expected, Dizzy took right to him. He started teaching her sign language, using vibrations to get her attention if she wasn't looking in his direction.
Dizzy didn't have an issue learning, and in fact picked it up rather quick. Raj and Dizzy both enjoyed having someone who knew how to communicate with the other and they soon became inseparable.

Conga Rats on sweet lil Dizzy !!
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby certified » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:02 am

ahhhh!!! I'm so pumped to add this sweet girl to my kennels! :3 thank you so much oliv!

You can do whatever you want with the harness! :3
certified

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me