Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Storkatten | Update Pg 34 by kiwipen

Artist kiwipen [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 18
122 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Storkatten | Update Pg 34

Postby kiwipen » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:10 pm

STORKATTEN
Main Page

Rules | Traits | Shop | Nursery | MYO | Artist Search | Prompts | Archive
| Bank | Fanclub | Bank/ Archive Updates | Discord

Welcome to Storkatten!
Storkatten, often shortened to Storkies, are a magical breed of fantasy felines. Descended from Freya's own mythical mounts, Storkies are chock-full of magic and potential. They're quite powerful and loyal companions. While some may choose to live in colonies out in the wild, others may choose the companionship of humans. Many Storkies also possess magical abilities, though require the usage of runes to unlock them.

At the time of their original creation, they are sized to be roughly 150cm at the shoulder with a max size of 200cm. However, you can imagine your Storkies to be any size you'd like - domestic housecat sized, or dinosaur sized. The choice is yours :)
Their eye colors are unique to their magic types, and you can view that here
Last edited by kiwipen on Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:41 am, edited 25 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Storkatten | A Feline Species

Rules

Storkies fall under my species umbrella, and therefore have a TOS you can read here:
Universal Species TOS

Here are a few additional stipulations to keep in mind....

Conduct
You may create your own individual 'tracker' for a Storkie by coloring it in and making your own copy in the Oekaki after being added. If you're unable to use the Oekaki, maintaining the tracker on the main artist form is fine.
Please do not edit your Storkie unless you've had the appropriate items earned and approved by moderators. Editing them to add whiskers, claws, accessories, or companions is okay.
You will be added to your Storkie's reference, please do not edit any new versions of the Storkie unless you're allowed to.

Trackers
All Trackers for each individual Storkie should be posted and maintained either on the official post by the artist, or on your colorin version. Either way, it must remain on ChickenSmoothie. [Off-Oekaki Storkies are allowed to have an Off-Oekaki tracker]
Recommended; Publicly adopted Storkies should be maintained on a colorin version of them; customs, breedings, kits, etc. should be maintained on the original post by the artist.
-- Storkie trackers should track the prompts they've completed.
Additionally, creating a Colony Tracker is required. You can do so in the Character Storage forum, or on Toyhou.se, or another place that works for you; just no Google Docs/Sheets. You may create multiple colony trackers if you want to maintain multiple colonies, that is entirely up to you.

Colonies
A 'colony' is simply what we use to refer to the group of cats an individual owns. These cats may or may not be all under one 'colony' umbrella; they may fall under several of their own in-character colonies and live entirely different lives.
You may own unlimited Storkies.
You do not need to have a founder to start playing.
This is not a traditional feline ARPG, and you don't need a founder to try out for adopts.

Breeding
Storkies of any gender combination can have children.
Each Storkatt has unlimited breeding slots.

Last edited by kiwipen on Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:17 am, edited 17 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Traits
Traits are not limited to visible edits; deafness, blindness, etc. may not be visible but they are still traits that need to be considered for future offspring if genetic.

Common/Non-Rarity
Any Feline Coat Color or Pattern, Including Wild Cats | Blindness or Deafness [ Born or Earned ]| Expression Edits | Claw Edits | Eye Shape Edits | Expressive Ear Edits (Lowered, Raised, etc.) | Whiskers (any shape)| Scars (Minor or Major)| Weight Edits | Accessories | Pupil Edits | Colored Whiskers [Matching Eye Color] | Unnatural Coat Color | Unnatural Coat Markings | Hair Edits
These all pass at artist's discretion, and can be made at any time by artists.

Free NR Edits
These are edits that you can pass onto children and/or add to Storkatten freely and without the usage of items.
Whiskers | Claw Edits | Expressive Ear Edits | Weight Edits | Deafness or Blindness | Colored Whiskers [Matching Eye Color]

Limited
These pass at a rate of 20% in breedings. Artists can make these one every five basic / standard adopts
| Longer Fur Edits |Ear Tufts | Dark Sclera | Fangs / Teeth Edits | Missing Limbs | Kinked / Genetically Broken Tail | Tongue Type Edit | Extra Eyes (1 Limited Trait Per) | Shaped Irises | Coat Type Alteration (Curly Fur, Kinked Fur, Silky Fur, Etc - cannot be shorter ) | Full Eye Color

Legendary
Artists cannot make generation one Legendary Storkies under any circumstances
These traits pass at a rate of 5% in breedings.
Albinism | Chimerism | Melanism | Natural Tail Alterations (Bobbed, Curled, Longer or Shorter, Etc.) | Heterochromia [ Dual-Born Magic ] | Height Edits | Ear Type Edits (Folded, Bigger, Curled, Etc.) | Shorter Fur | Muzzle Edits | Wings | Halos | Polydactylism | Horns | Genesplice | Extra Legs | Extra Tails | Extra Ears | Bioluminescence | Form Change | Body Length Edit

Mythic
Artists cannot make generation one Mythic Storkies under any circumstances
These traits pass at a rate of 2% in breedings.

God
Cannot pass in breedings, can only pass with event items or be obtained in events or through the Magic Point system.
Tailmouth - Mythical Genesplice

Design Notes
Cats can have any pattern of coat they'd like as long as it's realistic and colored realistically. That being said, you are free to stylize markings and simplify them, you do not need to airbrush gradients or use soft brushes. You can draw inspiration from any existing cat patterns, any existing wild feline patterns, and the occasional odd pattern like freckles, speckles, and dun-like markings. You may take inspiration from realistic adoptables, or draw more solid lines and colors.

Last edited by kiwipen on Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:30 am, edited 36 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:11 pm

Staff, Artist Guidebook, Pay ETC

We have so many staff and artists that we are no longer listing them here for now! The list will be updated in due time.

Guidebook
Notice; Do not give free adoptables or customs to accounts that are younger than 3 months old, unless they have been personally vouched for already by a respected member of the community. Paid adoptables and WTA/DTA's are fine.
If you need to take an extended break, and will be uncontactable, please let us know ahead of time. Failure to respond to inquiries regarding owed work in a week, will result in your removal as a staff member. - 7/12/2022
You must add kii to every canvas of every Storkatten you make, including Indie Batches, Mystery Adopts, mass adopts, and one-offs. - If you disappear, I will still be able to step in and dish out the remaining owed adopts, and you give me consent to do so by applying to be an artist and making big batches of Storkies. [ 7/12/2022 ]
As an artist, you're expected to make one free adoptable every month you're active.
How much you earn past that is up to you. Free adoptables [including free customs] earn you 2 Artist Points each; paid adoptables [including paid customs ] earn you 1 Artist Point each.
Free nursery adopts earn you 4 Artist Points per adopt; Paid nursery adopts earn you 2 artist points per adopt.
You can earn Banking Points as well by updating your adoptables in the archive; Banking Points are used interchangeably with Artist Points.
You can spend your Artist Points at the Storkie shop. You're required to keep track of your Artist Points with a tracker.
If you do not judge your competition within a month, you give Storkatten staff permission to judge it for you. 6/6/2022/ This includes doing whatever we have to do, whether it's making new canvases for other people to get their cats, or uploading your cat designs to our Indie Archive, to make sure the people get their cats. [ 7/12/2022 ]
Here is the thread you can use to track that;
Customs are posted on the main thread, your artist MYO are made in the MYO thread.
new; 12/17/2021 you earn an additional standard myo (on top of any artist points) for the first free adopt you make a month.

MYO Approvals
Artists can and should help with MYO approvals. You earn Staff Points for this action, so rest assured your work is paid :)
The official protocol for approving MYO are....

• Ensuring that the traits listed match the MYO on the canvas.
  • Ensuring that the traits and magic listed match the allowance of the MYO being used.
    -- If neither of these things line up, stop here, and tell them what to fix. Do not proceed until it's in an approvable state.
  • If the Storkie is approvable, open up the archive and assign the design an ID# in the MYO tab. Fill out applicable information (such as applicable magic, trait rarity, and artist / owner ) Link the post or image code of the design in the ID# spot.
  • Comment or reply to the person seeking the approval, and tell them their ID #. Tell them their design is approved.

You earn 2 Staff Points for this action; 1 for Approving it, and 1 for filling out the information on the archive. You earn 1 Staff Point for sending an adopt back for approvals if it needs it.
This protocol works for on and off-Oekaki MYOs.

Off-Oekaki DIY Nursery approvals work similarly; approve the kits like you would a normal DIY Nursery breeding, and still assign them ID #'s in the MYO archive. Send back any kits that need approval, and only approve the whole batch when ALL kits are in approvable states. Fill out all information that you can in the archive for the kits; if fates are not listed, inform the person that they will need to update the ownership information on the Bank Update page or reply to the comment with their fates and link it in the Discord.

You earn a staff point for each kit approved, and a staff point for each kit archived.

Indie Adopts
Indie adopts are adoptables not made on the main Storkatten lines or canvas. As an artist, this is considered a privilege, and there are some special steps you need to take to make it function smoothly.

• Make your Storkies!
  • Reserve their ID #'s in the archive [ to do so, make the ID#'s and then slap your artist name in the artist field]
  • Fill out any applicable information you know before posting (such as known traits, magic, etc. if Off-Oekaki Custom, you can include the owner here.)
  • Post your adopt, and link the post on the ID#'s in the archive.
  • Update information if you can, otherwise ask an archivist for help.

That's it! Reserving the ID # is very important so we can all number them appropriately. Thank you.

All artists, moderators, and admins are required to be respectful and kind while interacting with the community.
If a member of staff goes quiet and does not do a job-related task for three months, they are removed from their post.
Artists are required to post the following forms with all their created Storkies.
Bankers and archivists earn 1 Staff Point per task they complete and that money can be spent at the shop too.
You are now required to log your work in our work-log channel on Discord.
Custom Note

As regular artists, you are allowed to offer Basic, Rare, and Limited magic types for your customs.
Founding and free customs need to be Basic.
Minimum Custom Prices are...
100 C$ / $5 USD - Standard
+80 C$ / $5 USD for Rare magic types,
+180 C$ / $10 USD for Limited Magic
+80 C$ / $5 USD for Limited Edits [not per, this covers all limited-edited-customs]
You cannot offer higher rarities than that.
Paid Adopt Minimums are 80 C$ / $5 USD for Standard, 160 C$ / $10 USD for Rare, 250 C$ / $25 USD for Limited magic, 200 C$ / $15 USD for Limited edits.
Paid Nursery batches are 80 C$ / $5 USD per kit minimum.

USD transactions are handled over our Discord linked at the top of the page.
Artists must complete USD work within a month or will lose their custom taking privileges.

Code: Select all
[quote]Storkatten, often shortened to Storkies, are a magical breed of fantasy felines. Descended from Freya's own mythical mounts, Storkies are chock-full of magic and potential. They're quite powerful and loyal companions. While some may choose to live in colonies out in the wild, others may choose the companionship of humans. Many Storkies also possess magical abilities, though require the usage of runes to unlock them.[/quote]

[list][list][size=85]Custom/Breeding/Kit for [User]. [/list][/list][/size]

[code][b]Username;[/b]
[b]Colony Tracker:[/b]
[b]Character Name;[/b]
[b]Character Species;[/b] Storkatten
[b]Nicknames;[/b] (optional)
[b]Coat Description:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] M/F/Custom
[b]Born Magic Type;[/b]
[b]Additional Magic #1[/b] leave blank
[b]Additional Magic #2[/b] #2; leave blank

[b]Traits:[/b]

[b]Parents:[/b]
Founder | Founder

[b]Children:[/b]
-- [url]Partner[/url]
-- [url]Child1[/url]
-- [url]Child2[/url]
-- [url]Child3[/url]

[center][b]Link to MP Tracker:[/b]
[url]Tracker[/url]

[b]Leveling Rewards:[/b]
[quote]Level Reward | Name | Bonuses[/quote]

[b]Equipment:[/b]
[quote]Starting Slots: 1
Equipment Slot 1: [ Name ] | [ Bonuses ]  | [url]Link to Proof of Redemption[/url][/quote]

[b]Companions:[/b]
[quote]Starting Slots: 0
Companion Slot 1: [ Name ] | [ Bonuses ] | [url]Link to Proof of Redemption[/url][/quote]

[b]Trophy Case[/b]
[quote][/quote]

[/center][/code][/list][/list][/size]

Please post this on the official page YOU have made, and add the person to the canvas.

Last edited by kiwipen on Mon May 01, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 39 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:11 pm

Magic

All Storkatten are born with the potential to practice magic. Not every Storkatten becomes a practicer of this magic, though.
You can tell what magic a Storkie was born with by looking in their eyes; every magic type has a color that's reflected in their eyes.
Despite being born with this potential, without practice and a desire to use this magic, a Storkie will not ever express or use this magic!

Magic is genetic, and Storkies will only ever pass on the magic type they were born with. Even if a Storkie learns other magic types, their offspring will only ever inherit one of the two magic types their parents have.

Storkatten can learn a second and third magic through the Level System.
Some Storkatten are born with hybrid magic, you can read about that in the Hybrid Magic Master Document. However, here you will see all the base magics.

Magic Rarity:

Common:
Fire | Earth | Water | Air | Plants | Faunal

Rare
Artists can make one gen 1 Rare Magic-ed Storkie every four common adopts.
| Lightning | Arcane | Ice | Healing | Poison | Love | Astral | Fungal

Limited
Artists can make one gen 1 Limited Magic'ed Storkie every two rare adopts.
Shadow | Blood | Light | Metal | Bardic | Trickster

Legendary
Artists cannot make gen 1 Legendary Storkies
Death | Life | Lunar | Solar | Rune | Balance | Time

Lost
Absent

+ Balance Magic born of hybrid magic may have heterochromia of the two magics bred to make it, but will still have one dark sclera and one normal.
+ Rune Magic may have any of the bases listed, with colored pupils to match any basic or rare magic color.

Colors serve as a baseline; we do not color drop, feel free to drop and move around a few hues and shades to get a customized look.

Guide by Arrillaga

Alternate Magic Colors
A Limited* trait introduced alternate colors to some magics.
Graphic and explanation here.

Last edited by kiwipen on Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:33 am, edited 18 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:12 pm

Affiliates

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus eget gravida nisl. Curabitur lobortis turpis metus, id elementum felis mattis sed. Morbi congue eleifend sem eget tincidunt. Suspendisse nec ex et nunc hendrerit ornare quis eu eros. Nullam sit amet velit sit amet dolor malesuada consectetur sed eget metus. Sed viverra ante non neque luctus, eu sodales metus auctor. Sed vitae efficitur odio. Duis metus nunc, rhoncus a consequat dapibus, hendrerit ut nisl.

Please contact Kiwi if you'd like to affiliate with us!

Current Affiliates
Stars
Loomies
Couriettes

Badges

(made by midnightFOXO!)

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4659466][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/914204804228714527/920979979775385610/storkatten_baner_by_midnightf0x0_dewdp5i.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by kiwipen on Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 15 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:12 pm

Reserved
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:13 pm

Reserved
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Last reserve, marks & posts etc. are now open!
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me