C4C by Dewy Feathers

Based on Click to view
Artist Dewy Feathers [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

C4C

Postby Dewy Feathers » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:22 am

I don’t know if the image will load, but clicking on the link should make it load.

I like feral, magic, space, flowers and capes and stuff. I don’t like humans cause it’s impossible for me to draw them.
Dewy Feathers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: C4C

Postby xem » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:13 am

Please ensure your cover satisfies our clarified off-oekaki art guidelines, or your thread will be locked.

Subject: oekaki thumbnails discussion {READ FIRST POST}

Dia. wrote:Okay, here's the clarification you've been waiting on. This has been discussed with oekaki mods, admin assistants, and Simon.

Simon wrote:
    -snip-

The purpose of this rule first and foremost is to cut back on the Oekaki board being cluttered with walls of spam drawings that are just text or 1-second sketches. If a "cover " can also function as a stand-alone drawing that clearly took effort and time to draw, then that should always be fine.

Edit: To clarify further, if it's clear that a user just made a quick sketch for the sole purpose of being able to post art from a different program, that is still subject to being locked. Drawings like the one above that that clearly took a lot of time and effort and can be considered a separate art piece should not be locked.

This is how Oekaki moderators are going to be judging whether something should be locked.

Is the art.....

1. completed or does it have a finished look (we will look for things like neat lines, colored, shaded, a definitive sketchy style, etc)
2. relevant or related to the character in some way, so we know it's not there to get around the rule (example: a finished headshot of the character)
AND 3. Does it show time/effort, again, so we know it's not there to get around the rule (to clarify, an uncolored sketch does not fulfill this)

What is probably NOT okay:
- just text or mostly text with a tiny drawing or random drawings (example: smilies, very fast doodles, flowers, etc)
- random sketch/lineart
- sketch that may be relevant, but is still clearly done to get around the rule (see guideline 3)

What IS probably okay:
- a completed piece of art that is directly relevant to the character because it features the character or
- a completed piece of art that is directly relevant to the character because it is related in some way (example: the character is a fairy, so you draw a detailed depiction of a magic forest that takes sufficient time and effort)

Here are examples of drawings that we have unlocked, because it is a completed piece, features the character, and shows time and effort: x, x, x

It might help you to consider what the purpose of the cover is, other than being a cover. You might think of either the cover, or the art made elsewhere, as ADDITIONAL artwork.

Please let us know if there is anything that needs to be clarified further.
┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist