of the individual members of
the Coven?"

ends December 1st

Code: Select all
[b]username;[/b]
[b]pony name;[/b]
[b]gender[/b]
[b]magic type;[/b] Necromancy, Telepathy
[b]prompt;[/b](must include each member separately)
Last edited by BornFromAshes on Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✧Necromantic Communicant; Batpony Event Adopt✧

Postby Queen Vivane » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:51 am

Ahhhhhhhh a Necromanceeeeeer!
username; Queen Vivane
pony name; Andariel
gender Mare
magic type; Necromancy, Telepathy
prompt;

They say dead ponies tell no tales, I beg to differ

A life in the Werwilds, surely a lonely one, yes? It could be if one was the type to really need constant or perhaps even frequent company of other ponies. The trees and the wild nature of the land are plenty company enough. If there was some dire need for a non-nature-related form of company? Well, Andariel could just grab the bones of some long-forgotten soul and give them new life. After all, the Werwilds are filled with bones and other such things. Not to mention spirits and other things, some of which are not the kind of thing any kind of pony should want.

Though it's possible to tire of the Werwild and I suppose that's what sometimes drives a pony to leave and integrate themselves within Paledon society

Brén
Going off the rumors that coven is nothing but malicious magics and the worst sort of ponies? She was quite the delightful surprise, the helper of heartbroken that is. Andariel finds her to be one of the more agreeable members of the coven and is quite content to politely interact with her from time to time

Arachnae
The only spider pony Andariel has personally encountered, a most mysterious mare. Nothing is sure about this mare and Andariel remains wary of her presence, though the Spiderpony hasn't done anything to Andariel personally. Perhaps it is the faint illusion magic that surrounds her that puts Andariel on edge or it could be the knowledge that Arachnae has eaten other ponies. The Necromancer has seen the traces of blood and the dead always tell tales.

Amaer
They say bright colours in nature often mean danger due to poison of various kinds, is that the case here? Andariel has never been too sure with Amaer. She has quiet respect for the other mare, the dead make their appreciation for her putting flowers on the graves known and Andariel enjoys their happiness.

Khione
Where to start with this one? Avoid the subject of Ice-Magic, she'll verbally shred one as soon as the subject is mentioned. Less dangerous than Melusina but still one to avoid in order to avoid headaches. Andariel mostly stays away from the pale mare, despite the fact that the other is a guardian of sorts for the birds and tree-dwelling animals.

Acantha
The stories this soul must have to tell makes wonder. Would she tell them? Or merely stick to telling the prophecies she sees? Andariel has never thought to ask, or well, she has but she can't quite ever find the correct words that would possibly do her question justice.

Melusina
The most dangerous pony to have ever been in close contact with Andariel, the necromancer loathes being anywhere near Melusina. The other mare leaves a bad taste in her mouth and makes her hooves itch. The blood magic Melusina specializes in sickens Andariel, it leaves her feeling violated as if it's rifled through her deepest self and left some sort of vile residue behind.

Despite her almost pleasant relationship with some of the members. Andariel holds no friendships and has no desire to even try befriending any of the members. She's seen and heard too much courtesy of the spirits of the dead to even consider being "friendly" with the coven The knowledge she has is probably the main reason she left Werwilds to begin with
Last edited by Queen Vivane on Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:04 am

username; acronymm
pony name; Naberius
name meaning; 'ambitious and visionary', very fitting for this necromancer.
gender male
prompt; massive wip

thoughts on Brén:
words

thoughts on Arachnae:
words

thoughts on Amaer:
words

thoughts on Khione:
words

thoughts on Acantha:
words

thoughts on Melusina:
words
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:30 am

username; ethium
      pony name; savaric
      gender male
      prompt; thoughts on coven members -- wip!!
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gardog » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:04 am

⋙────────────────⤏⫷⫸⤎───────────────⋘

username; gardog
pony name; Vindaire
gender; Male
prompt;

Brén
Quite an interesting specimen. I'm sure anyone would agree with me when I ask...
why is she there?
Alas, the corruption will catch up to her eventually, I'm sure.
I look forward to the day

Arachnae
Let me tell you, there are things that I have seen in the Werwild that will make you believe that, should there have been a creator, their mind must've been... sickly.
I can tell you that the very existence of one such as Arachnae does not surprise me as much as
repulse me

Amaer
*chuckles*
Yes, this is one that I like quite a lot, actually...
she would make a very interesting corpse

Khione
I must admit, I do feel a bit of respect towards this one...
but only a bit

Acantha
This one scares me... and if she doesn't scare you,
there must be something sincerely wrong with you
I'll give her respect where it is due, but... I don't know how else to explain what it's like in her presence other than
you cannot escape her

Melusina
Ah yes, the most wonderful one of them all... only joking. I generally avoid most of the coven members to begin with, but... this is one that I try to avoid altogether... the others I run into on occasion, just because my path has lead me to them...
but I'll change my path entirely to avoid this one

Oathbreaker
I have heard bits and pieces of his tale; whether he is dead or alive, I cannot tell you. I simply do not know. However, whether he is or not, from what I heard, he is one that may be best to avoid.
Truth be told, though, I think I may more regret running into Melusina than into him. There has to be a reason the Void isn't completely accepting of him.

⋙────────────────⤏⫷⫸⤎───────────────⋘

Disclaimer: I drew them 'cause I wanted to. The winner may keep the drawing; please credit my Toyhou.se @gardog (link in sig)
Last edited by gardog on Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:55 am

username; EchoIre
pony name; Achlys
gender; Mare
prompt;

There is a shadow in the darkness whose sight chills you to your bones.

Her. The Necromancer.

It was only a matter of time, you supposed. There would be no need for someone to guard the graveyard otherwise. Still, a part of you had hoped she wouldn't come, or that she wasn't even real. But the skeletal cat rubbing against her legs gives her away, as do her piercing red eyes. Oddly enough, though, she doesn't seem to be here to steal.

You watch from the shadows as she walks past the tombstones with little more than a glance at the names carved on them. You swear you even hear her chuckle when her cat tries and fails to catch a mouse. Could Achlys, Necromancer of the West Werwild, simply be... walking her cat?

You realize you have an opportunity here, though you almost dare not take it. Who else has been so close, found her so calm? What secrets would the necromancer have to share?

Suddenly, she stops. You draw in a sharp breath, your pulse thundering in your ears.

"You haven't run yet." Achlys almost sounds confused as she turns to face you. Her brows are furrowed as those cursed red eyes look you up and down. "And you have no weapon either." Her eyes meet yours and narrow. "What do you want?"

You swallow harshly. "I was- I was just, erm, uh... curious."

The necromancer raises an eyebrow. You notice her cat walk closer from between her legs, and try not to meet its hollow gaze.

"Curious?" Achyls says at last. "About what?"

'What is Melusina like?' wrote:
The necromancer blinks, her face shifting. "Melusina?" She echoes. There's a note of disappointment in her voice, but whatever the cause she doesn't seem to dwell on it.

"She is unscrupulous and insane. The textbook example of 'going too far' when dealing with darker magics." She says darkly. "She wasn't careful, delved too deep, and has killed all of what she was. What she is now is obsessed, and dangerous - in more ways than one. It is her that gives the Coven such a foul reputation. Otherwise, they're quite a tolerable group."

'Tolerable? What do you mean?' wrote:
Achlys grins, and you suddenly regret asking. Before you can change your mind, however, she speaks.

"Well, I won't name names, but one does let me take parts from her graveyard if I need them." She gives you a conspiratorial look. "With proper payment, of course."

You pause. What would 'proper payment' be, especially from a pony such as Achlys? ...You had been wanting rare potion reagents, which was why you took this job in the first place.

Remembering where you are, you look back to Achlys only to find her grinning at you, like she knew what you were thinking. You flush. "A-and?" You stammer.

Achlys chuckles before continuing. "And otherwise, she's a very pleasant witch." You cringe at the word, but the necromancer doesn't seem to notice. "She keeps to herself, and seems dedicated to the Coven. If I had to guess, she wanted the sisterhood, not the reputation. She wouldn't be the only one."

'Who else?' wrote:
"Well, Brén, for one. A young mare who focuses her magic on fixing love." She replies simply.

"Fixing... love?"

"Love potions, beauty spells, things like that." She flicks her ears dismissively. "Not many know of Brén, but she is the best witch to go to if you need something. Of the ones I know, I'd say she cares the most for the health and happiness of others."

"Love potions still feel a bit underhanded." You point out, forgetting briefly that this was not a peaceful discussion with a friend. You're reminded of that by the anger that flashes across Achyls' face. You take a step back, seeing the necromancer's menacing marks and blood-colored eyes anew.

And then she sighs. "Well, yes," she admits, "but Brén is the only witch who makes such spells with no ill side effects. I believe it's taken her years to practice." She starts to say something, then stops.

"I think... I think Brén is very young, but very kind." She says slowly. "She is a witch and a resident of the Werwild, but such things don't make a pony cruel. In fact, I know Brén is the exact opposite."

"But there are cruel ponies in the Werwild?" wrote:
Achyls' face drops. She almost seems disappointed in you. "Well- yes, but that's oversimplifying things. The Werwild is dangerous, not like Paledon. Some ponies have no other choice if they want to survive. Others are embittered by the dismal fact of their lives."

You fall silent. Perhaps you had taken your paved roads, friendly neighbors, and quaint little cafés for granted. Wildlings lived in the Werwilds, and any that saught to live in Paledon faced great discrimination. Maybe they weren't all bad - you were having peaceful-enough conversation with a necromancer right now, after all.

Achyls grins. "And then there's Khione."

You snort. 'Of course.' "What's Khione like? Is she a member of the Coven?"

"Of course she is- that's what you were curious about. Isn't it?" And again she fixes you with those dreadful red eyes. But this time, this time you refuse to cringe away. Though your stomach still churns at the reality of what you're doing, questions you've had for years are being answered. You will not shy away.

"Yes." Your voice is steady for the first time tonight. "What is she like?"

Achyls smirks at you, seemingly amused by your sudden show of bravery. You can't help but wonder if she somehow sees the way the gears are turning in your head.

"Khione is short-tempered and violent. With some reason too - she hates Paledonians for how they destroy the Werwilds. They are her home, but Paledonians would burn them to the ground to expand their city."

There's a certain sadness in Achlys' voice that makes you wonder if she feels the same. The thought brings another odd twinge of guilt - you were so curious about the Coven and the Werwilds, but had never considered what you were to them.

"But, Khione is not wholly justified. Really, she's just- she's just generally aggressive, honestly. I try to avoid her if I can, it's just not worth it." She flicks her ears dismissively. "I don't know if she has a reason to be like that, or if she always was. Best not to ask."

"Are there any other members of the Coven you avoid?" wrote:
The question comes before you truly think about it. You cringe internally as it leaves your lips, expecting some kind of indignant reaction from Achyls, but instead she answers quite quickly and honestly.

"It's a personal rule of mine to avoid seers, especially seers not aligned with me or my goddess. Even those that are can be unpredictable, ironically enough, so any who aren't should be strictly avoided." She explains. "The Coven's seer, Acantha, is the reason for that rule, actually. Horribly ancient and tied to the Abyss itself: some say that if she dies, so too does the Werwilds. She is... unnerving to interact with."

You raise your eyebrows. Achyls, a necromancer, who looks like that, finds another pony unnerving? You really should avoid Acantha.

Achyls seems to be scowling at you now. You flinch. "What?"

"Nothing."

Now you're confused. What could have caused such a shift in mood in the necromancer? She's been reading you like an open book all night, but there's no way she-

You pause. Achyls still hasn't spoken, and now seems to be watching you expectantly. You swallow dryly.

"Are... are you..." You can't bring yourself to ask.

"Am I what?" The necromancer's voice is almost amused. Her eyes haven't left yours.

You shake your head. "Nevermind."

"Hm." Again, she seems disappointed in you. There's a moment of silence, where you are unsure what to say next, and Achlys seems unwilling to help you. You clear your throat awkwardly.

"I've heard there's a... monster in the Coven. Is that true?" wrote:
"Ah," Achyls' face is unredable, "you would be referring to Arachnae, I suppose? The spiderpony?"

You nod.

Achyls seems thoughtful for a moment before speaking. "I am a batpony, and you are a unicorn. Originally, my kind came from the Werwilds, while yours has been in Paledon since its beginning. Correct?"

Again, you nod.

"Am I a monster?"

That stops you in your tracks. Instantly, you recognize what the necromancer is getting at, but that's just it - she's a necromancer, not just a batpony. Necromancy is a dark magick for a reason, and while being a batpony doesn't make her a monster, that very well might by certain definitions.

"...A monster how?"

Achlys blinks. Then grins.

"That is the question you need to be asking; Arachnae is a monster not because she is a spiderpony, but because she acts monstrous." The necromancer explains. "She lures others to their deaths for her own enjoyment. There's no way to make that 'good'. Outside of and within the Coven, however, there are good spiderponies. Arachnae just isn't one of them. I avoid her, too."

"...Is there any good to necromancy?"

Achyls seems surprised, but smiles nonetheless. You find its the first smile of hers that didn't make your skin crawl. "There is. Necromancy is not inherently evil - it is considered a dark art because in reanimation cannot be done without life. In reanimating a corpse, a piece of the caster's soul is given to it." Something brushes against your leg, causing you to jump. When you look down, you find Achyls' skeletal cat looking up at you from between your legs. "Like other dark magicks, its a matter of restraint. Go too far, and you risk losing yourself - becoming a monster. Melusina is an example of that." Her voice darkens at the mention of the Coven member.

"Then why do it at all?"

"It's-" Achyls sighs. She looks down, searching for the right words. "There is a sort of... life, in necromancy. A rebirth, if you will. I won't say it doesn't disrupt the natural order of things, but that's where the beauty of necromancy lies: in the denial of death's finality and the repurposing of forgotten parts." As she speaks, Achyls' cat trots up to her and nuzzles her ankle. The necromancer looks away from you, turning her attention to her cat to coo at the creature.

You think over what she has said, all of it. You had been dabbling in increasingly taboo potions, which was why you needed this job in the first place, and after spending so long so near the Werwilds you had begun to wonder about the Coven - what they were like, and if they would take in a Paledonion potionmaker with a thirst for knowledge. But this... this was unlike anything you had ever heard. And it enthralled you.

"You're curious." Achyls looks up, meeting your gaze with a smile. "You seek knowledge, but I can assure you that you will find nothing beneficial in the Coven. They are led by darkness and controlled by fear." A thoughtful expression settles on her face as she looks at you. "You have potential. I have plenty of knowledge to give, if you are willing."

Your pulse quickens. Again you find yourself on a terrible precipice, just a breath's distance from a plunge you have been forbidden to take, yet one that calls to you still.

You draw in a breath.

"How can I see you again?"

Achyls grins.

"I'll be here again at the next half moon. Don't be afraid: the skeleton mother loves all of her children."

Skull pixels by xayazia
Skull and roses divider by Hamilton-Animations
Last edited by EchoIre on Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mongrel » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:59 am

this pony is so cool :weary: marking <33
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:57 pm

Bump~ please make sure to include all coven members in your entries, not just a few!
This discounts oathbreaker, as he has not been revealed yet~!
but includes melusina, arachnae, bren, amaer, acantha, and khione!

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
i've been burning incense, gone a little mad
trying to be religious, talking to the man
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gardog » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:36 pm

Just noticed this but uh... by November 31st, do you mean November 30th or December 1st??
There are only 30 days in November ^^'

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:45 pm

gardog wrote:Just noticed this but uh... by November 31st, do you mean November 30th or December 1st??
There are only 30 days in November ^^'

WOW im a nutcase holy cow
december 1st then!

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
i've been burning incense, gone a little mad
trying to be religious, talking to the man
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery