"I think the universe is on our side"

username; Glowingsaltshaker
pony name; Artemis Magnice
gender; mare - (she/they)
magick type; air
prompt;
(Why do they desire the Royal Guard position,
and what training have they gone
through to prepare themselves?) 150-300 words min.

Artemis is a spunky, confident mare who is better at giving orders than taking them. This doesn't mean she won't take orders with pleasure however, as this is still one of her core skills. She is undoubtedly one of the most loyal ponies in Paldeon, and will stop at nothing to make sure the citizens are safe. She is good at shielding her emotions, so she can put her work first, but she feels them intensely, as many other ponies do. This is the story of Artemis, the brave, loyal, and vigilant citizen of Paledon.
It was a morning like no other. Well, to Artemis at least. The morning dewdrops clung to leaves desperately, their efforts wasted as the purple mare dashed through the meadow, sending sprays of water everywhere. The beautiful dawn sky cast a subtle glare on the world as the sun rose slowly and steadily.
Artemis's hooves were flying rapidly and gracefully as she ran like the wind. She simply could
not be late. Today was a special day. Only days ago had she abandoned her parent's dreams of her becoming a famous author. She was going to serve her city with pride, not live as a lonely writer without friends. Spreading her wings, she took to the sky, hoping to quicken her pace just a bit. Training would be glorious, working with others who pursued the same goals as herself. Artemis smiled a bit at the thought, becoming more and more thrilled as her journey sped along. Within minutes of that moment, she arrived at a tall, powerful structure that was crumbling at the sides. nature had taken its toll on it, with the poison ivy tendrils wound around it. Seemingly, those were the only things keeping it from caving in completely. However, in the letter sent to her home, Artemis was informed that this exactly would be the meeting place for her training. Taking in a deep breath, she reached back into her satchel for the letter.
Her eyes skimmed over the words over and over, and every time she read it, Artemis found herself breathless. Mustering up as much courage as she could, the mare trotted up to what used to be the royal palace. When she slowed to a walk, and stepped inside onto the red carpet, her jaw dropped in awe and wonder.
The stained glass windows colored the filtering sunlight an extravagant array of shades and hues, casting rainbows across the room. Inside, were a few ponies lined up, with an official-looking mare staring them down, seemingly searching for flaws like a shark. Immediately, it stuck Artemis. This mare must be the trainer. "Sorry if I may have showed up a bit late!" She exclaimed, bowing her head with respect. The trainer gave her a curt nod, which she took as acceptance. She trotted over to the ponies lined up, trying to hold her head high like the rest, with her eyes straight forward.
The trainer cleared her throat, and looked each one of the trainees straight in the eye threateningly. Twitching her tail as if there was a nuisance fly on it, she spoke. "Each one of you are here because this program has sent you a letter, informing you of your acceptance into it, correct?" She stared at each of us, rolling her eyes impatiently. "Well?" she snapped, scoffing as if they were all lower than dirt. Artemis was the only who finally decided to reply, the others looked paralyzed with fear. "Yes ma'm, that's why we're here." Despite the festering fear inside of her, she managed to keep her voice confident. The trainer's eyes glinted with..surprise? Artemis reached back into her satchel, and handed the letter to the trainer. She took it for a second, skimmed the words, then gave her another one of those nods, handing it back to her. As she slipped it back into the satchel, the other ponies looked to the trainer nervously. "Do the rest of you have your letters? I won't allow you to train here unless you have them. Another mare finally spoke up, pulling her own letter out of a sack hanging around her neck. "H-here, ma'm." she stuttered, smiling sheepishly at the trainer, who snatched the letter aggressively. "Hmph!" she finally said, after skipping through the words.
She paused, and took a threatening step forwards, toward the rest of the ponies. "Did any of you dimwits even receive letters?" She shouted, fury shining through her pelt. A young stallion finally spoke. "I-it was a s-simple mistake m-ma'm. Sure it won't happen a-again." The poor thing look like he was teetering on the top of a steep mountain, struggling to keep his balance. "A simple...mistake?" She shouted to his, right in his face. He flinched back, his eyes watering. "You all." she started, beckoning around with a hoof at them. "Have had the honor of training for Magister Lunare, and you show your gratitude by forgetting your acceptance letters?" She panted, her face turning red with her anger. "TWO of your, just TWO, remembered your letters, so those TWO may train in this program, and ONLY them. DO I make myself clear?" She snapped. The others nodded quickly, trembling with fear. "Now, get OUT of here!" she demanded, and with that they galloped out, not wasting another moment.
Artemis, and the other mare she trained with, who she later got to know as Evangelyne became quick friends, and trained hard each day. There was combat training, etiquette training, and many other variations which included a lot of yelling from the trainer, who was known as Judicina. Eva gave her many tips on negotiation skills, and in turn Artemis assisted her with her combat struggles. Time passed, and as they both encountered many, many close calls, they eventually graduated the program. Event Judicina turned out to be a pretty decent pony.

WIP!!

Image Credits

Circle Divider - xXx

Bottom Bar Divider - xXx

Paragraph Divider - xXx

Title Text - xXx
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Batpony MYO entry: Artemis Magnice

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:41 am

Relationships
Judicina Alderwood - friends

the two acquainted respect for one another on the first day of training. Since Judi retired, they don't talk as often, but they're still fairly close.

Evangelyne Galastria - best friends

Eva and Artemis became best friends on their first day of training as well. They bonded over their time shared together, and hang out all the time. they're very, very close with each other.
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me