Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Reflect (10,000 word milestone!!) by Skiller

Artist Skiller [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
88 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Reflect (10,000 word milestone!!)

Postby Skiller » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:45 pm

On my shoulders
Demons linger
They break me down
Swallow my soul
I will detach myself
From you

I (finally) reached the 10,000 word mark on my book! I expected to reach this goal months ago, but I vastly underestimated the time it takes to think while I write. I wanted to do something to celebrate, so I drew out this scene. It didn't turn out as I expected, but that's okay lol.
Here's the excerpt: (context- Lunar is looking for the source of a voice while swimming in an expansive lake in his dreams.)
The lake was barren aside from the glowing object before him. Lunar looked around desperately for land but found nothing. The lake appeared to continue endlessly in every direction.
It was then he heard the sound, a mumbled voice, coming from the light source. He swam tiredly toward the glowing structure, head bobbing in and out of the water. Once closer, he could see the source of the luminosity; a large, white carnation. Gripping onto the small landmass, Lunar dragged himself out of the water. Water rushed off his body, leaving a large puddle beneath his feet. He stared at the illuminated plant for a moment before his attention was grabbed by the voice once more. The mumbling seemed to be coming from the flower.
Reaching a soaked paw to the plant, he touched its stem gently. Bright green turned brown, and Lunar watched in horror as the flower began decaying. The petals in the center began to wilt, rapidly turning from white to brown. A petal fell from the side of the plant, as it too withered away. The light faded rapidly from the flower as Lunar’s panic increased. He saw the dead flower one last time, its white petals now blackened and deformed before the voice called again.
I'm mostly on here for the art, but feel free to message me about anything ^^
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for your sins. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost if you're one of the 4% that will.
Skiller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Reflect (10,000 word milestone!!)

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:47 pm

This is beautiful, and congrats
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiller » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:49 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:This is beautiful, and congrats

Thanks Spirit!! : D
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for your sins. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost if you're one of the 4% that will.
Skiller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wildsight » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:44 pm

ooo, congrats!! that's a huge accomplishment c: i can't wait to get to 10,000 words on my own novel, so this is encouraging. also, i honestly love how your art glows, its so pleasing. i can't wait to see how your novel turns out if you end up publishing it, the dedication is real and these little snippets of it already make it seem like such a cool story ^^
wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gardog » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:45 pm

Ooo, pretty <33

And congrats! I enjoyed reading the snippet ^^

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:56 pm

maaan this is freakin' amazing! Both the art and your achievement! ^^
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viridian Dragonkoi » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:33 pm

Congratulations! And so gorgeous too <3 <3
Viridian Dragonkoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pollee » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:10 am

I love the drawing!! Congrats with the 10,000 words! I'm already gripped to your book :0
idk.
Pollee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vazchu » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:13 am

Congrats on reaching your milestone!
I love the colours in the drawing it has a very dreamy feeling through and through. (: Also, it was even more enjoyable to watch the drawing alongside the excerpt!

And I feel you, the time flies while you have to stop and think while you write. o:
I noticed it last evening while I was writing and trying to keep up with my word count for nanowrimo this year. It took me ages to write one page simply because I got stuck on a tiny detail that I couldn't get right quickly enough ... But I managed to pull it off, I think. I'm not good at making made-up languages, lol. xD I'm overthinking the grammar and trying too hard.
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Image Image
Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiller » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:37 pm

wildsight wrote:
      ooo, congrats!! that's a huge accomplishment c: i can't wait to get to 10,000 words on my own novel, so this is encouraging. also, i honestly love how your art glows, its so pleasing. i can't wait to see how your novel turns out if you end up publishing it, the dedication is real and these little snippets of it already make it seem like such a cool story ^^

Thanks!! :0
I wish you the best of luck with your novel! <3
gardog wrote:Ooo, pretty <33

And congrats! I enjoyed reading the snippet ^^

Thanks gardog! I'm glad you liked the text : D
JK341 wrote:maaan this is freakin' amazing! Both the art and your achievement! ^^

Ahh thanks so much, J!! : D
Viridian Dragon Koi wrote:Congratulations! And so gorgeous too <3 <3

Pollee wrote:I love the drawing!! Congrats with the 10,000 words! I'm already gripped to your book :0

Thanks a bunch! <3 I'm glad you guys like it!!
Vazchu wrote:
Congrats on reaching your milestone!
I love the colours in the drawing it has a very dreamy feeling through and through. (: Also, it was even more enjoyable to watch the drawing alongside the excerpt!

And I feel you, the time flies while you have to stop and think while you write. o:
I noticed it last evening while I was writing and trying to keep up with my word count for nanowrimo this year. It took me ages to write one page simply because I got stuck on a tiny detail that I couldn't get right quickly enough ... But I managed to pull it off, I think. I'm not good at making made-up languages, lol. xD I'm overthinking the grammar and trying too hard.

Thank you!

Yes, I totally feel you. Best of luck to you with your writing!! ^^
Skiller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me