Range Trotter #1087 by Tynahi

Based on Click to view
Artist Tynahi [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #1087

Postby Tynahi » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:28 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Username:
    Show Name:
    Barn Name:

Eye Color: Ghostly Gaze (Blind)
    Phenotype: Cremello Wildebeest Dun Roan Overo with Birdcatcher Spots
    Genotype: ee | Aa | CrCr | Wdwd | Rnrn | Oo + Birdcatcher Spots
    Notes:
    • Dominant for Cream [Cr]

Partner Comp with #1086!
    Looks like these two took a midnight stroll somewhere spooky. With a partner, tell me a ghost story (~500 words) about these two trotters and provide once piece of art! You must split the work evenly, one task for each partner.
    Please post on the page of the trotter that you are interested in winning - your partner will post on the other.
    Ends Nov 14th
    Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Show Name:[/b]
    [b]Barn Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b] 14.3 hh
    [b]Halter Color:[/b]
    [b]Relationship with #1086:[/b]
    [b]Story/Art:[/b]
Tynahi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #1087

Postby ShadyBro » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:26 am

Username: ShadyBro
Show Name: NVR Dystopian Skies
Barn Name: Dystopia / Opi
Height: 14.3 hh
Halter Color: Midnight Blue
Relationship with #1086: Romantic
Story/Art:
Partnered with HowlingHooves!
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:58 am

Username: Furrydogs12
Show Name: Silence of the Spirits
Barn Name: Belladonna
Height: 14.3 hh
Halter Color: Pale almost transparent green
Relationship with #1086: Romantic
Story/Art:
My partner is Southern sweetie

On a dark, foggy evening, in the silence of the forest, stood two horses, both polar opposites in appearance. While one looked like billow of fog, the other was pale, almost eerily so. "Maus!" The ghost pale mare called out and navigated the route she knew by heart. "Bella," Maus, the darker of the two, responded and placed his neck on top of her's when she got close giving a sigh of contentment. The two broke apart to a noise; both looking up at the sky. "It's probably nothing, don't worry" Maus reassured Belladonna with a soothing voice. Bella buried her head into Maus' side. "As long as you're here with me, I won't" She replied.

After a while of cuddling, the two decided to go take a walk through the forest. Mausoleum made sure Bella was near him at all times, knowing very well she'd easily get lost in the unfamiliar place. Belladonna twitched her ears, eager to explore with Maus, but also wary of all the noises of the night.

At some point during their walk, Belladonna couldn't sense Maus next to her anymore. "M-Maus?" She called out into the darkness of the night. When no response came, the mare stiffened and stopped in her tracks. She twitched her ears, trying to pick up any sound of Maus' footsteps or his breathing. When she didn't hear anything but the cold wind brushing against her side, she knew she lost him. Frightened and worried for her mate, Bella searched the unknown depths of the woods calling out his name every so often. She heard the neigh of her lover and quickly lurched to a stop, almost tripping and tumbling down. "M-Maus?!" She called out hopefully and ran to the sound of his voice.

Meanwhile, Maus’ eyes flared with anger at his opponent. The demon in his head kept telling him that he needed to kill, he needed to get revenge on everything and everyone. ‘You’re a monster! It’s the only thing you are! So, kill him, kill him because that’s the only thing you know!’ And Maus did, he killed the enemy.

Mausoleum sensed Bella getting nearer, and he pinned his ears back and glared at the mare. "Leave me! You don't want to see me, you don't want to love a monster!" He yelled, turning and ready to bolt. "No! Maus, you aren't a monster!" She called out, "Please, we can talk sensibly!" She pleaded. "No, we can't. I won't let you love a monster, you deserve better then a demon!" He says raising his voice once more. Thunder sounded in the air at the stallion's voice. "You don't get to decide who I love!" Bella yells back, "I love you! And that won't change! No matter what you say or do!" she sighed softly, "so please! Please don't leave!" She pleaded again. Maus on the other hand truly believed he was a monster. "Since you aren't sensible enough to do anything, I'll make the decision for you. I'm leaving, it's for the best. You can't love a monster", and with that, Maus ran off, quickly before Bella could change his mind. Bella ran after him, using the sound of his hooves steps to chase him. She heard Maus' hooves as her mate ran, further and further away from her, she wasn't quick enough. When she couldn't hear the hooves no longer, she fell to the ground, tears streaking her cheeks. "Maus" she calls out sadly once more.

After a few minutes, which felt like a few seconds, Bella heard a voice in her head, 'you're just going to let your love leave you? just like that?'. Bella startled, "W-who are you?" She asks into the air. "I'm you, you're inner self. If you let Maus leave you, who know if you'll ever see him again? What if he isn't alive when you see him next? What if he has another lover?', inner Bella questioned. "I must go find him! I can't let him beat himself up because of who he thinks he has become!" She says, "but..." she falters, "how am I supposed to find him?" She asks. 'follow your heart, it'll lead you to him', came the reply. Bella nods, taking a deep breath and letting her heart guide her. She broke into a gallop, weaving through the trees, as if she had her sight. She came to a pause when she heard Maus, "Must.... Must.... kill!" "No! Maus!" She says running over. Maus stopped where he was, about to kill a stray wolf with his hoof. “You’re not a monster! The monster is your thoughts! Because you think you are a monster is the reason you are doing all this!” She says. “Don’t…. I know you…. I know you aren’t a villain” she says gently. Maus’ gaze softens and looks at her. “Let the wolf go…. Let yourself believe that you aren’t a monster” she says and Mausoleum does, he takes a deep breath and repeats in his head, ‘I’m not a monster unless I think I am… I’m not a monster…’ “I’m not a monster!” He says out loud. “You aren’t, you just made a mistake, and mistakes can be fixed” Bella tells him softly. Maus closes up the space between him and his love and nuzzles Bella. “You… you’re amazing!” He blurts out, all signs of anger and violence gone. “There’s the one I love… my Maus” Belladonna says with a content sigh, leaning into him.
(913 words)
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faentofheart » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:32 am

Called into help this comp, Congrats to Shady and hooves!! <33 thank you for your entries!
faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:27 am

This trotter is eligible for breeding and competitions, please link to this post for proof.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me