32 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

goobies | haunted glowbug

Postby HEXORCISM » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:22 pm

'haha the belly reminds me of a firefly'
'make a golden bug,,,'

it was not supposed to be sparkly initially i swear

owned by Griff

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

tell me about this goob's backstory. what happened to them? how does that impact them? you don't have to answer these two exact questions if you don't want to; they're there as a staring point for you and any ideas you may have.

remember to keep your answers cs-appropriate!

you may write or draw your answer to the prompt, though comics should not exceed 4 pages and writing beyond roughly 600 words! drawings do not have to be comics. you can mix your mediums so long as you don't exceed these limits. you may pretty up your entry as much as you'd like as long as it is reasonably legible. you may also post in a separate thread of your own and link it in your post on this thread if you'd like more organization. generally, you can go all out within the limits set.

depending on how many entries that seem to be still being worked on and the number of extensions already granted i will consider extensions! i am very busy myself so i understand the need, however i also don't want to drag this out for a very long time.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

diab goob
    g1 | fur, sparkles / glitter in membrane
    g2 | ears, membrane paws, vestigial goo
    g3 | membrane opacity change, goo window into body,
    t1 | custom membrane horns, custom membrane tail, spikes, claws
    t2 | additional membrane horns, nonmembrane wings, bioluminescence, undead features,

ends november 12th at rollover (12 ➝ 13)
Last edited by HEXORCISM on Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImagexxxImage
you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: goobies | haunted glowbug

Postby Sadcat » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:24 pm

Once there was a creature who'd created the goobies. It's a story everyone knows, sure. How the god had split and created two races, not terribly different.

But less know about the protectors of these races.

Lyndohr was the protector of the diab race.
Was, because once it had been frozen in time by its opposing half, Nylaldin, who has lost itself in its own insanity.

It was thought that these were blessed goobs, but history has proven this wrong.
These creatures weren't goobs before their existence, the god used the last of their power to make them.

Their purpose? Stop the war between Diabs and Agels.

Even if they were goobs, it would have been more of a curse, they miserably failed.
Wars aren't as simple as a foolish god and it's puppets thought they were.

Although the story has been lost to time, brave travelers have made it their mission to discover what happened to these protectors, and their first step was finding at least one of them.

So, here we are.

Lyndohr has been awakened from its eternal slumber.

Problem is... cutrent goobs and the ancient protector can't understand eachother. They do not speak the same language.

Oh dear, guess this will take a while to figure out.
Last edited by Sadcat on Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously CatOwU
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sadcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:32 pm

mark oh WOWOWOWOOW
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:45 pm

Marking, "ghosts don't exist"
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corals Art Studio » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:58 pm

Finare used to be a regular pure white canine that had a loving family. One day he went out exploring and found an abandoned townhouse. He ended up going inside to see what this house used to be and wondered who lived there. Finare then found a stairway into a basement and went to see were it lead to. He ended up finding a toxic goo in a lab. There were jars full of mutant animals and creatures throughout the entire building, he wasn't watching were he was walking and placed his paw into a bear trap. He started to panic as this wasn't normal in any way. Slowly after his paw got clamped down in the trap it started to inject him with some sort of toxic liquid after it finished injecting him the trap let him go. He ran out of the house as fast as he could later that day he started to feel weird. The next day he noticed that he looked like the mutants in the lab and ran from his family.

WIP gonna draw some backstory artwork
Corals Art Studio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:02 pm

A scientist by trade, the Professor did not have time for pets, did not have time to take care of another living creature. So when the tiny white goo began to appear in his lab he promptly ignored it. It was an easy thing to ignore, since at the time it was small and well, a goo. Nothing to see. But it appeared in the Professor's lab every night, watching, learning... and at times trying its best to bring the Professor needed items. And despite himself, he found himself falling for the goo. Eventually, he even granted it a name: Istovan.

And the goo grew, eventually evolving itself into a proper goob to better help the Professor. Tall and pure white, it was able to gather supplies, stand guard, and haul things as needed. The Professor had gained his one and only friend, his best friend... family. Istovan would do anything for the Professor, and time passed by mostly uneventful. Unfortunately for the both of them, the Professor's work was becoming better known.. and targeted.

One evening as the Professor was hard at work, the lab was broken into. Istovan was quick to defend, taking on every individual that dared tried to lay a hand on the Professor. The Professor, a normally secluded man, tried his best to help but in the end Istovan's will was so strong that they could not be pulled away. The enemy had special weaponry. meant to dissolve whatever it came in contact with. But even with this, they were no match for Istovan's ferocious will. In the end the enemy lay soundly defeated... but Istovan was left was massive damage as well. It is said goobs are immortal and cannot die. This much is true. But the material the enemy used corroded away much of Istovan's slime, Leaving it unable to regenerate. He was left in a state of actual limping pain, unable to even walk as normal.

The Professor wasted no time, working to try and help Istovan. Through the use of tubes, the goo inside was given a better way to circulate. Structures were reinforced as needed, and the remnants of Istovan's face were given a protective coating, a sort of mask to ensure the contents would be forever safe. Istovan walked once more, standing beside his Professor. The pair from that moment on were never seen without each other, each considered an extension of the other. It was said that even after the Professor passed, Istovan had every bit of the Professor's intelligence and knowledge stored within him and the mysterious work carried on with a "new" Professor...
Last edited by Griff on Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:59 am

x
            ┌─────────┐
            Zikis, "Molten Scream".

└─────────┘
    ┌──────────────────────────────────────┐

Zikis is a Goob of few words, with very few alive who know their story. Even their real name is seldom used, with most
    of those in the business referring to them as the "Molten Scream"- a nickname acquired through their reputation as the
    top tier vanquisher of the undead and unnatural. Their brightly glowing goo is feared as poisonous or lethal, making th
    eir enemies scream in despair. Zikis pursues their quarries relentlessly, and handles them without mercy.

On the rare occasion that Zikis isn't working on a high-stake bounty or a job reserved for those with strong stomachs, Z
    ikis lives a quiet, simple life. Work often means adventure to this Goob, and unlike most, adventure isn't something th
    ey willingly seek out every day. However, this hasn't always been the case. As a young Goo they would often venture de
    ep into the dark forests near home, disappearing into the trees for hours or even days at a time. Although they seem al
    one, they were never truly without a friend. Zikis' special ability is that they're always able to make lonely times feel
    accompanied by making friends with their surroundings. Animals, inanimate objects... you name it, Zikis can give it a n
    ame and personality. This is pretty much how they've survived this long without going completely insane. The bounty lif
    e can sure be a lonely one. Nowadays, Zikis has no permanent home, no permanent friends, no permanent state of mind.
    They're a nomad, wandering the land in search of those who inflict dark schemes onto others. Wherever they find them,
    he can tear them out root and stem.

Once, when exploring the gloomy heart of the wood, a young Goo stumbled upon a yawning cavern. Unable to resist the
    temptation, Zikis ventured inside. Little did they know that the cavern was a murderous necromancers workspace, who
    was present when they entered. The necromancer couldn't let his secret get out, and besides, two fresh bodies were a
    valuable asset to his line of study. Zikis alone was no match for the spell-bound necromancer. They were restrained, and
    a strange ritual began. Knives were placed beside altars, particular symbols were drawn on the floor in what might've b
    een blood. However, Zikis was in luck as a group of demon hunters witnessed their entry and had followed them in, using
    Zikis as a distraction to catch the necromancer by surprise. They barrelled in, weapons bared and protective shields swir
    ling around them. Soon enough, Zikis was saved and the necromancer has become prey.

The ritual hadn't progressed far enough to begin the sacrifices, but nonetheless, Zikis wasn't completely unscathed. They
    had already been infected by a supernatural parasite, which possessed intelligence and will of its own. Through the stern
    and careful instruction of the demon hunters, Zikis has learnt to control the thing that swims in their goo. Eventually, th
    ey even learnt to use the parasite as a power source, giving them unimageable strength and precision. The parasite's will
    still pulls at their mind, but they'll never succumb to its force.

└──────────────────────────────────────┘
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:40 pm

hi! thank u all for ur patience. i think im gonna have to give this one to Griff! i liked everyone's entries but i found Griff's to be well-paced and smooth-flowing.

congrats on Istovan! you've been added to the oekaki.
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:56 pm

Thank you so much! Ill take good care of him! :D
Griff