Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

✧Potion Seller; Batpony Event Adopt✧ by BornFromAshes

Based on Click to view
Artist BornFromAshes [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

✧Potion Seller; Batpony Event Adopt✧

Postby BornFromAshes » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:50 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬✧✧✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬✧✧✧▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▐▐▐
▐▐▐
▐▐▐
▐▐▐
▐▐▐
▐▐▐
▐▐▐
▐▐▐
▐▐▐
▐▐▐

Meet the Potion Seller,
a travelling merchant pony who
is affiliated with the Coven!
How did they become friends
with the witches, and why?
min 200 words
ends November 10th

Code: Select all
[b]username;[/b]
[b]pony name;[/b]
[b]gender[/b]
[b]magic type;[/b] Arcane, Alchemy
[b]prompt;[/b]
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✧Potion Seller; Batpony Event Adopt✧

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:24 pm

username; Glowingsaltshaker
pony name; Corvidus - 'Corvi'
gender stallion - he/they
magic type; Arcane, Alchemy
prompt;

Corvidus is a shy, usually reserved stallion. As a colt, he wandered off into the Wirwild and got lost. However, this peculiar part of the terrain was known as the Warping Woods. Many ponies have been known to travel there, but never come back. The trees and trails shift, seemingly devouring those who enter. Corvi, intrigued by the moving aspects of nature, walked along the trail. He was transfixed by their wave-like movements and quickened his pace to a trot. The warping was getting faster, and Corvidus grew dizzy. Fallen leaves crunched beneath his hooves and he tried to run. His vision, unfortunately was getting fuzzy, and his poor head throbbed. He let out a wail of despair before doubling over, and being consumed by the inky black void of unconsciousness.

Hours later, he awoke to ominous mumbling. He whirled around, trying to be alert, though his eyelids sagged like heavy bags of flour. Shaking his head, he could see clearer. Corvidus was surprised to see a group of witches staring at him, their gazes penetrating. His first instinct was fear. Larger, intimidating ponies weren't for him, and he was one skittish little colt. Staggering to his feet, he bolted, only to crumple back to the ground with exhaustion. "He's hopeless.." One of the witches muttered bitterly. "Patience, he'll come around. Poor thing's just a wee bit tired, that's all." Another said. The first witch only replied with a doubtful grunt. "What did you do to me?" Corvi finally said, mustering up the energy to speak. "We've done nothing but assist you, dear." The second witch said calmly. They explained in detail how the 'warping woods' didn't actually warp, or 'consume' ponies. It was only an illusion. It warded off ponies who caused trouble, and the witches would give them memory erasing potions so their simple minds wouldn't be troubled.

Corvidus grew to like the witches, and befriended them. They raised him from the day they found him in the warping woods, and taught them everything they knew about potion crafting, magic, and herbs. With a newfound wisdom of these things, he became a whole new stallion. He put his passion into potions and medicine, and shared it with others, traveling Paledon to sell his marvelous works. He is strongly bonded with the coven, and they barter resources quite often. Over the years, Corvi was become a loveable pony of Paledon.

<3
Last edited by Glowingsaltshaker on Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gardog » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:35 am

Marking ^^

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:54 am

small bump!

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
i've been burning incense, gone a little mad
trying to be religious, talking to the man
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:11 am

BornFromAshes wrote:small bump!

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:44 am

BornFromAshes wrote:
BornFromAshes wrote:small bump!

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:20 am

there are eight days left! please make sure you complete your forms!

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:36 am

username; acronymm
pony name; Alvaro
gender stallion
prompt; wip<3

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:16 am

Five days remaining!! Please make sure to finish your forms!!!

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:04 am

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐄
─────────────────────────────── ( 𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 !!
      username; ethium
      pony name; Ciaran
      gender male, he/they
      prompt;

── Ciaran had always been afraid of witches and magic. As a colt he would be fascinated by stories of the north and the darkness that was said to reside in these supposedly malicious beings. His family held the same values and this aided in his misconceptions of them. It wasn't until autumn rolled down the hillside in its brilliant orange, and his mother grew deathly ill, that he would face them for what they truly were.

Cold wind arched through the auburn branches of an old sycamore, rustling the leaves and making the tree appear as if it were a moving object. As if the whole forest might come alive in its hues of warm gold, orange, and brown. Under any other circumstance, Ciaran might have enjoyed the vibrancy, a sharp contrast to the deep greens of a hazy summer. Now, however, the forest simply seemed foreboding. It was a reminder of what he had to accomplish today, for it was not only his life that was held in the balance but also his mother's. The breath had been taken from her lungs, leaving behind a wheezing, shallow-flanked mare with waxen skin cold to the touch. His mother's life was being sucked away by an illness he could not identify, he had sent for a doctor, and they had given him no resolution. She was to be made comfortable because she would likely not survive the winter. This thought sent a chill down Ciaran's spine, colder than the wind that threaded through his dark mane. But he would not give up this fight lightly, he would not let his mother go, and if she had to go he would go down fighting with her. He exhaled and began moving deeper into the sea of orange. He had come to the final straw, the only thing he could think of fueled by fairytales and stories from his colthood... he would request the help of the witches.

Legend said that these ancient beings had the power to help you if you desired it, but legend also warned of the steep price of such a request. It said they did not take what was not willing to be given, but that their bargains were eternal and usually built on sacrifice. Ciaran did not know how to feel about this, for part of it chilled him, and the other part was still skeptical of their existence in the first place. Weren't witches something of fairytales? A story to keep little fillies and colts in bed at night? And here he was, traversing deeper and deeper into the forbidden wood chasing after what he presumed to be a fairytale. A desperate stallion, making a desperate journey in the hope of saving the only one he had ever loved. Clouds blotted out the sun, and a cold north wind seemed to surge through the trees with tremendous force, he shuddered, lowering his head and bracing himself as the world around him grew dark. The once beautiful auburn forest turned to one of foreboding, as shadows moved along the earth at his feet, crawling across his feet.. sealing his fate.

Before the stallion stood a mare, with eyes alight with curiosity. "What has brought you so far from your home, young Ciaran son of Mira and Terrowin?" Ciaran stiffened at the mentioning of not only his name but his parents as well. He realized then that he had never heard his father's name before. He had left before Ciaran was born. "I seek aid, a potion, anything, to heal my mother of an illness that will kill her." The mare considered him for a moment, cocking her head to the side with those wide, in-escapable eyes. He felt as if he could not conceal his terror, or anything for that matter, from those seeking eyes. She considered him for a moment. "The price for what you seek is a life. Yours for hers. If you desire to save her life, you must give up your own." Ciaran held his breath. Was she insinuating his own death? He paused, feeling his heart squeeze. If this is what had to be done, so be it. "Very well. My life for hers. So long as she is healed fully, and may go on living where I cannot." The mare smiled, pleased with his response. "A pure heart, there was little hesitation. Very well Ciaran, your old life is now over. I will send someone to bring healing to your mother." Ciaran blinked. Your old life is now over.. What did she mean old life? Was she not going to kill him? "What do you mean?" he asked, stepping towards her as she gestured with her head for him to follow. "Your old life is over, but your new life is now beginning. Ciaran, giver of heart. You will learn our ways, become one of us, in exchange for what you seek. Your old life has now ended, there is no turning back. The life of a coven member is a unique one. I have judged that it will be beneficial for you, but most importantly, that you are worthy of it." Ciaran felt a multitude of emotions. Regret for what he had lost, hope for what was to come and wonder at the quick conversation that had just turned the course of his life in an opposite direction.

"Do you regret your decision?" the mare asked, studying his expression with curiosity. "Never." She nodded, satisfied. "Then let us embrace the new day with open hearts." The pair disappeared into the dark wood, that for some reason no longer seemed so foreboding to Ciaran.

𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏
─────────── ( 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐎 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐈 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 !!
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me