Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

sunrise after stormy weather by SilhouetteStation

Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

sunrise after stormy weather

Postby SilhouetteStation » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:52 pm

So - you had a bit of a wobble yesterday. You thought about deleting said wobble, but no - you can use that to look back on. To remind yourself that the storm came, the storm raged, and then it subsided. Sunshine once again melted through the drizzle. And, who knows? Maybe it was comforting to someone, to see that they're not alone in weathering such emotions. That in itself is a nice thought.

Sometimes you actually forget that you have a mental illness. An actual mental illness. You can make jokes all you want, but you know it's true. Sometimes your emotions get the better of you. That's just how it is. You get sad, you get angry, you get the feeling of general emptiness. All a part of something you can't always control. You're learning how to take care of yourself better. Let yesterday be a lesson - don't do things you know will trigger you.

One of the best pieces of advice you've ever received is 'treat yourself like your best friend'. Honestly, it works every time. You watched a few more episodes of Friends. You made a pretty good cup of tea, if you do say so yourself. You nibbled on some (questionably stale) hokey pokey. Pip, the absolute darling, was a snuggly little beast before giving you a kiss on the cheek and falling asleep on your bed. Yesterday you spoke of how you pour your love into fictional beings, and honestly, it's not such a bad thing. Whether they're your own or the characters you come to love in books and TV shows and movies, it's all okay. It's all good.

You're all good, sweetheart.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me