Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

empty spaces by SilhouetteStation

Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

empty spaces

Postby SilhouetteStation » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:23 am

isn't it nice to look through the old photos again?
    > nice. sad. emotionally conflicting. it's everything under the sun.
    I know it hurts to remember sometimes.
    > it hurts all the time. I think of every what if, every could-have-been, and it gives me that old ache that I don't think I'll ever be able to shake. all those memories I could of had.
    that's why it's important to cherish the ones you already have.
    > I know that. you know I know that. it's just - yeah. you know.
    I know.
    > and sometimes I hate - almost hate - that question. it's only five words but it packs a punch only some people know about. the people who have been through it. and for the people who haven't - who don't know - they never really know how to react. it's hard enough explaining that you're both the youngest and the only child without seeing someone struggle to try and find what they think is an appropriate response. but I almost love it, because it gives me a chance to remember for that moment. to talk about them.
    a honey-coated knife.
    > something like that.
    and maybe it feels like you're surrounded by empty spaces, but they're not really empty. not if you fill them up with the warmth of old memories.
    > someone's feeling poetic today.
    well, one of us has to be. I figured I'd give it a go while you get all melancholy.
    > ha ha. alright, you win. I'll be melancholy, and you'll be poetic, and we'll keep going through the photos.
    sounds good to me.

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me