Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

the need to create by SilhouetteStation

Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

the need to create

Postby SilhouetteStation » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:48 pm

I don't understand. why do you push yourself to create things when it makes you unhappy?
    > who says art makes me unhappy?
    that's not what I asked.
    > art makes me happy.
    the art you create - it makes you happy?
    > yes.
    the art you make for others? the art you push yourself to produce, driven by the need to create things that gain approval from others - that makes you happy?
    > that's - no. that's not how it is.
    yes it is. you know it is. every day you feel the need to create things you think others will like. you push aside the art you truly want to make in favor of pleasing strangers, because there's a small part of you, deep down, that feels as though your skill and worth as an artist is dependent on likes and comments.
    > stop it.
    you're afraid to try new things in case other people don't like it. you put so much pressure on yourself to post things you think people expect from you. you've lost your confidence. lost it in the way so many other people have.
    > ...
    you need to get the passion back. you need to start creating for yourself. I know you want to - why can't you just admit it? why can't you just focus on the art that makes you happy?
    > art doesn't make me unhappy.
    that's not what I asked.
    > I'm not going to argue with you.
    there's no one else here, sweetheart. who did you think you were arguing with?

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the need to create

Postby hypnowave » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:52 pm

hi i have a biopsychology ii test in like 8 minutes but i just wanted to say real quick that this makes me Feel in such a way that is so familiar to me that it's very comforting to know i'm not alone. genuinely i love this piece <3
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the need to create

Postby SilhouetteStation » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:39 pm

hypnowave wrote:
    hi i have a biopsychology ii test in like 8 minutes but i just wanted to say real quick that this makes me Feel in such a way that is so familiar to me that it's very comforting to know i'm not alone. genuinely i love this piece <3

hi I really hope your test went well and also thank you a lot it's really nice and comforting to know I'm not the only one with these Feelings. genuinely I appreciate it v much 💞

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me