VFH Rescue #2 by Thelastsilhouette

Based on Click to view
Artist Thelastsilhouette [gallery]
Time spent 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

VFH Rescue #2

Postby Thelastsilhouette » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:02 pm

personality upon meeting: this horse is shy/anxious and fearful of hands, ropes and dogs. Perhaps there is still a sweet girl eager to come out?

Prompt: Explain what you feel would be the best way to gain this mare's trust or overcome her fear of dogs. You can do one, the other or both if you feel up to it :)
End date: Friday Oct 8

Owner:
Show Name:
Name:
Height: 15 hh
Halter Color:

Eye color: ??
Phenotype: Bay Tobiano
Genotype: EE/Aa/ToTo
Breeding Notes:
- Will always produce black based foals
- Will always produce tobiano foals

Code: Select all
[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Eye color:[/b]

timer probably accurate as I am no good at designing my own mane/tail sets, lol
Thelastsilhouette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VFH Rescue #2

Postby Deku_is_best_boi » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:11 pm

Owner: Deku_is_best_boi
Show Name: DSR Sheza skittish image
Name: Amaryllis (Greek for "Fresh")
Halter Color: A pretty pale/pastel blue
Eye color: A pretty baby blue <3

The best way to gain her trust would be spending everyday with her, pressure and release, rewards and most importantly giving her her space. Let her come to you so that she doesn't feel like she's being attacked. And helping her not be so afraid of dogs, a life size plush, pressure and release, treats. Time and patience is the key!!

π•Šπ•™π• π•£π•₯ 𝕀π•₯𝕠𝕣π•ͺ
❝ You could hear snorting and banging coming all the way up the driveway. The trailer was turned around and backed up to the round pen gate, and as soon as the trailer door was opened out came this gorgeous bay tobiano filly. She snorted and kept herself as far away from the humans as possible. Anytime someone tried to approach her, she would show signs of aggression, mostly because she was just afraid. One human in particular took a very heavy interest in her and she was constantly told how aggressive this little filly was. How nobody had been able to get close to her within the month of owning her. The girl didn't care, she proceeded to try and work with her every second she got. It started out as her sitting at the fence reading a book, maybe munching on a snack or two. The filly would stand and stare, watching her every move. Eventually the filly got curious and walked up to the fence, reaching her neck out to sniff the girl. The girl just smiled and slowly lifted out her hand with a small treat in it. The filly snorted and braced herself for a moment before realizing that the girl wasn't trying to hurt her but trying to give her a treat. The filly hesitantly reached out to the girls hand, taking the treat from her hand. The girl was ecstatic, suddenly coming up with a name for the filly. "I think i'll call you Amaryllis. You have a fresh start girlie, you're safe now. I promise." The girl said in a soft soothing tone. A few weeks of feeding her a small treat through the fence and the girl eventually joined the young filly in the round pen. She took it slow and gave Amaryllis her space when she began showing fear. After a few days the girl was able to get the filly to eat from her hand, and everyday she would advance closer and closer till she was able to touch her. The moment Amaryllis felt the soft and gentle touch of the girl, she new she was safe. And things only went up from there.
After months of work, Amaryllis is now halter broke and a fabulous liberty horse. She is not yet started under saddle as there is still a few more things to work on, such as her deathly fear of dogs. Being at a rescue meant there were plenty of other animals,,including dogs. When the girl found the Amaryllis was afraid of them she bought a life size dog plush and brought it to the filly. Of course she would snort and run, but whenever she touched the plush the girl would reward her. After a month and a half, she eventually learned that the "dog" wasn't going to hurt her. The girl slowly introduced real dogs, and although Amaryllis isnt afraid of them anymore, doesn't mean she likes them. She picks and chooses her favorite farm dogs and she is really attached to some of the older dogs (because they aren't that loud and they dont annoy her every 5 seconds like some of the younger dogs do XD)
❞

Word count: 532
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“

β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
𝔹𝕖 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•‘π•–π•£π•€π• π•Ÿ π•Œπ•Ÿπ•”π•π•–
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
𝕀𝕣𝕠𝕙 π•œπ•Ÿπ• π•¨π•€ π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕔aπ•Ÿ 𝕓𝕖
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
━━━━━ βπ•‹π•™π•£π• π•¦π•˜π•™π• π•¦π•₯ β„π•–π•’π•§π•–π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•• 𝔼𝕒𝕣π•₯𝕙, 𝕀 π•’π•π• π•Ÿπ•– π•’π•ž π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•™π• π•Ÿπ• π•£π•–π•• π• π•Ÿπ•–.❞ - 𝔾𝕠𝕛𝕠 π•Šπ•’π•₯𝕠𝕣𝕦 ━━━━━
╔═══════════╗
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
☁︎~~~~~~☺︎~~~~~~☁︎
π»π‘’π‘™π‘™π‘œ <3
π‘π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ π‘šπ‘’ π·π‘’π‘˜π‘’, π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘Žπ‘›π‘¦π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘¦π‘œπ‘’'𝑑 π‘™π‘–π‘˜π‘’
𝐴𝑛𝑦 π‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘›π‘œπ‘’π‘›π‘  π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘œπ‘˜ 𝑏𝑒𝑑 π‘†β„Žπ‘’/π‘‡β„Žπ‘’π‘¦ 𝑖𝑠 π‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘“π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘‘!
πΌπ‘š π‘Ž π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘™ π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘Ÿ, π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ πΌπ‘š π‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘‘π‘œ π‘šπ‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘Ž π‘›π‘Žπ‘šπ‘’ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘šπ‘¦π‘ π‘’π‘™π‘“!
π‘†β„Žπ‘’π‘§π‘Ž π‘€π‘œπ‘šπ‘Žπ‘› π‘œπ‘“ π‘“π‘Žπ‘šπ‘’ (π‘Žπ‘˜π‘Ž π‘“π‘Žπ‘›π‘π‘¦) 𝑖𝑠 π‘šπ‘¦ π‘šπ‘Žπ‘–π‘› π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘™ β„Žπ‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘ π‘’
𝑏𝑒𝑑 𝑖 π‘œπ‘€π‘› π‘‘π‘€π‘œ π‘œπ‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ : π΄π‘šπ‘–π‘”π‘œ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘ƒπ‘Žπ‘›π‘‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘Ž
𝐼 π‘π‘œπ‘šπ‘π‘’π‘‘π‘’ 𝑖𝑛 π‘Ž π‘“π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘–π‘ π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘™ π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘π‘’ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑑. 𝐽𝑒𝑑𝑒 π‘’π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘¦π‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ,
π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘π‘’π‘’π‘‘π‘  π‘”π‘œ π‘‘π‘œ 𝑆𝑑. 𝐽𝑒𝑑𝑒!
πΌπ‘š π‘Žπ‘™π‘ π‘œ π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘ƒβ„Žπ‘œπ‘‘π‘œπ‘”π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘β„Žπ‘¦, π‘€π‘œπ‘‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘π‘¦π‘π‘™π‘’π‘ , π΄π‘›π‘–π‘šπ‘’, 𝑒𝑑𝑐.
π·π‘š 𝐼 π‘‘π‘œπ‘›'𝑑 𝑏𝑖𝑑𝑒!!
𝑆𝑖𝑔 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑑𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘Ž π‘ŠπΌπ‘ƒ
☁︎~~~~~~☹︎~~~~~~☁︎
βœ¨πŸ˜Œα΅’β‚œ'β‚› Dα΅’β‚™β‚™β‚‘α΅£ β‚œα΅’β‚˜β‚‘
😌✨
━━━━━━━━━━━━
🎨 | ☺︎ | πŸ›’
βš“οΈŽ | link | link
link | link | link
link | link | link
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
Deku_is_best_boi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thelastsilhouette » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:37 am

Deku_is_best_boi wrote:Owner: Deku_is_best_boi
Show Name: DSR Sheza skittish image
Name: Amaryllis (Greek for "Fresh")
Halter Color: A pretty pale/pastel blue
Eye color: A pretty baby blue <3

The best way to gain her trust would be spending everyday with her, pressure and release, rewards and most importantly giving her her space. Let her come to you so that she doesn't feel like she's being attacked. And helping her not be so afraid of dogs, a life size plush, pressure and release, treats. Time and patience is the key!!

π•Šπ•™π• π•£π•₯ 𝕀π•₯𝕠𝕣π•ͺ
❝ You could hear snorting and banging coming all the way up the driveway. The trailer was turned around and backed up to the round pen gate, and as soon as the trailer door was opened out came this gorgeous bay tobiano filly. She snorted and kept herself as far away from the humans as possible. Anytime someone tried to approach her, she would show signs of aggression, mostly because she was just afraid. One human in particular took a very heavy interest in her and she was constantly told how aggressive this little filly was. How nobody had been able to get close to her within the month of owning her. The girl didn't care, she proceeded to try and work with her every second she got. It started out as her sitting at the fence reading a book, maybe munching on a snack or two. The filly would stand and stare, watching her every move. Eventually the filly got curious and walked up to the fence, reaching her neck out to sniff the girl. The girl just smiled and slowly lifted out her hand with a small treat in it. The filly snorted and braced herself for a moment before realizing that the girl wasn't trying to hurt her but trying to give her a treat. The filly hesitantly reached out to the girls hand, taking the treat from her hand. The girl was ecstatic, suddenly coming up with a name for the filly. "I think i'll call you Amaryllis. You have a fresh start girlie, you're safe now. I promise." The girl said in a soft soothing tone. A few weeks of feeding her a small treat through the fence and the girl eventually joined the young filly in the round pen. She took it slow and gave Amaryllis her space when she began showing fear. After a few days the girl was able to get the filly to eat from her hand, and everyday she would advance closer and closer till she was able to touch her. The moment Amaryllis felt the soft and gentle touch of the girl, she new she was safe. And things only went up from there.
After months of work, Amaryllis is now halter broke and a fabulous liberty horse. She is not yet started under saddle as there is still a few more things to work on, such as her deathly fear of dogs. Being at a rescue meant there were plenty of other animals,,including dogs. When the girl found the Amaryllis was afraid of them she bought a life size dog plush and brought it to the filly. Of course she would snort and run, but whenever she touched the plush the girl would reward her. After a month and a half, she eventually learned that the "dog" wasn't going to hurt her. The girl slowly introduced real dogs, and although Amaryllis isnt afraid of them anymore, doesn't mean she likes them. She picks and chooses her favorite farm dogs and she is really attached to some of the older dogs (because they aren't that loud and they dont annoy her every 5 seconds like some of the younger dogs do XD)
❞

Word count: 532

I apologize for taking so long to update, have had a pretty stressful month along with my laptop acting stubborn whenever I try to draw longer than 10 seconds. I’ll update everything before this weekend <3
Thelastsilhouette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deku_is_best_boi » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:16 am

thank you!! <3
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“

β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
𝔹𝕖 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•‘π•–π•£π•€π• π•Ÿ π•Œπ•Ÿπ•”π•π•–
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
𝕀𝕣𝕠𝕙 π•œπ•Ÿπ• π•¨π•€ π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕔aπ•Ÿ 𝕓𝕖
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“β–“
━━━━━ βπ•‹π•™π•£π• π•¦π•˜π•™π• π•¦π•₯ β„π•–π•’π•§π•–π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•• 𝔼𝕒𝕣π•₯𝕙, 𝕀 π•’π•π• π•Ÿπ•– π•’π•ž π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•™π• π•Ÿπ• π•£π•–π•• π• π•Ÿπ•–.❞ - 𝔾𝕠𝕛𝕠 π•Šπ•’π•₯𝕠𝕣𝕦 ━━━━━
╔═══════════╗
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
☁︎~~~~~~☺︎~~~~~~☁︎
π»π‘’π‘™π‘™π‘œ <3
π‘π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ π‘šπ‘’ π·π‘’π‘˜π‘’, π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘Žπ‘›π‘¦π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘¦π‘œπ‘’'𝑑 π‘™π‘–π‘˜π‘’
𝐴𝑛𝑦 π‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘›π‘œπ‘’π‘›π‘  π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘œπ‘˜ 𝑏𝑒𝑑 π‘†β„Žπ‘’/π‘‡β„Žπ‘’π‘¦ 𝑖𝑠 π‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘“π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘‘!
πΌπ‘š π‘Ž π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘™ π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘π‘’π‘Ÿ, π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ πΌπ‘š π‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘‘π‘œ π‘šπ‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘Ž π‘›π‘Žπ‘šπ‘’ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘šπ‘¦π‘ π‘’π‘™π‘“!
π‘†β„Žπ‘’π‘§π‘Ž π‘€π‘œπ‘šπ‘Žπ‘› π‘œπ‘“ π‘“π‘Žπ‘šπ‘’ (π‘Žπ‘˜π‘Ž π‘“π‘Žπ‘›π‘π‘¦) 𝑖𝑠 π‘šπ‘¦ π‘šπ‘Žπ‘–π‘› π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘™ β„Žπ‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘ π‘’
𝑏𝑒𝑑 𝑖 π‘œπ‘€π‘› π‘‘π‘€π‘œ π‘œπ‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ : π΄π‘šπ‘–π‘”π‘œ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘ƒπ‘Žπ‘›π‘‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘Ž
𝐼 π‘π‘œπ‘šπ‘π‘’π‘‘π‘’ 𝑖𝑛 π‘Ž π‘“π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘–π‘ π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘™ π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘π‘’ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ 𝑆𝑑. 𝐽𝑒𝑑𝑒 π‘’π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘¦π‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ,
π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ π‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘π‘’π‘’π‘‘π‘  π‘”π‘œ π‘‘π‘œ 𝑆𝑑. 𝐽𝑒𝑑𝑒!
πΌπ‘š π‘Žπ‘™π‘ π‘œ π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘ƒβ„Žπ‘œπ‘‘π‘œπ‘”π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘β„Žπ‘¦, π‘€π‘œπ‘‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘π‘¦π‘π‘™π‘’π‘ , π΄π‘›π‘–π‘šπ‘’, 𝑒𝑑𝑐.
π·π‘š 𝐼 π‘‘π‘œπ‘›'𝑑 𝑏𝑖𝑑𝑒!!
𝑆𝑖𝑔 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑑𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘Ž π‘ŠπΌπ‘ƒ
☁︎~~~~~~☹︎~~~~~~☁︎
βœ¨πŸ˜Œα΅’β‚œ'β‚› Dα΅’β‚™β‚™β‚‘α΅£ β‚œα΅’β‚˜β‚‘
😌✨
━━━━━━━━━━━━
🎨 | ☺︎ | πŸ›’
βš“οΈŽ | link | link
link | link | link
link | link | link
β•‘
β•‘