Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

pastel skies by SilhouetteStation

Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

pastel skies

Postby SilhouetteStation » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:19 pm

prettiest art piece for a vent that I've done? probably lol

I feel kinda disconnected from the happiness that art used to bring me bc lately it's just been,, idk a stressful thing? I've got so many things I want to draw and such a long to-do list that it overwhelms me and whenever I do try and do something I've got this nagging feeling that I should be doing something else instead. sometimes I push through and draw something anyway, sometimes it frustrates me to the point where I don't bother to make any kind of art and push it away instead

and another thing that's almost making me feel guilty is the content that I post on here (I say it like I'm some bigshot artist name lmao) but for the few people that do follow me I feel a need to make it worth their while, if that makes sense? I don't want people to feel that following me for my art is a waste of their time but that in itself makes me conflicted on what to post. I feel guilty about the people who follow me for regular art when I post adopts. I feel guilty about the people who follow me for adopts when I post ones to try and get cash money. the thing is is that I'm not trying to get money from adopts just for the sake of it, or for greed, but I'm genuinely trying to get funds for the things we need. food. bill money. we still don't have a dryer. Mum still has her surgery coming up so we need extra cash for that. and now, after last night, there's debate on whether we need a home ECG machine for her. we need a lot of things and don't have the budget to cover it all. but then of course when I do post adopts for money, that leads to feeling sad and disappointed when no one values the design like I do. it can be ignored, or told it's not worth it, or get offered such a significantly small amount that it makes me feel like rubbish, that my artwork isn't good enough, and so on and so forth /sigh

in summary; art can be hard, artblock is stinky, I need to have more confidence in my work, and need to focus less on what art will make other people happy and rather art that will make me happy

if you're reading this remember to stay kind and stay hydrated

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me