Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Bookshelf by FerretMonarch

Artist FerretMonarch [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2

Bookshelf

Postby FerretMonarch » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:31 pm

I'm not confident in my writing, but I want to see it inspire someone.

Not in a 'oh I want to write to!' Though that would be wicked.

I want to inspire someone to be themselves, to love and laugh and live. I want to write something that everyone can see a bit of themselves in and think 'oh I'm not alone'

I want something that my last years of middle school and first years of high school would devour because that is what I needed to read then and it is what someone will need now.

But how do I write something when I'm not in their head knowing exactly what they would want? And how do I write when I am scared of the least bit of criticism? Or when the least bit of judgement sends me reeling in fear.
When I can't head of to get something in the store while my parents are in another, unknown part of the store without panicking?

How would I fair if people hated what I wrote? How would I get it published?

How would I write when the crippling fear of 'they'll hate it' is pounding in my head?

When the words of criticism and anxiety that I am sure are there, but my friends are too nice to voice ring like a gong how am I to get someone to be inspired by what I write?

And why am I hopeful that what I create will inspire despite this?
FerretMonarch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me