Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Just testing something. Please ignore. =P by Kat

Artist Kat [gallery]
Time spent 2 days, 17 hours
Drawing sessions 193
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Just testing something. Please ignore. =P

Postby Kat » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:46 pm

Testing something.
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Just testing something. Please ignore. =P

Postby ~Trollacorn~ » Thu May 12, 2011 4:13 am

it looks like spirit stallion of the cimmaron¬!!
Last edited by ~Trollacorn~ on Mon May 16, 2011 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Currently: Very sad Better, thanks to mah BFF.
~Trollacorn~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fleetwind » Sun May 15, 2011 11:45 am

kiki00000089 wrote:it's spirit stallion of the cimmaron¬!!

You know, if there's one thing artists hate, it's other people comparing their work to somebody else's work, especially professional works like movies. Animal artist have it pretty tough. For every drawing with a lion in it, there is always someone who says it's Simba from The Lion King. For every wolf drawing, there is always someone saying, "Oh, that looks like Neko-Kawaii-Desu from Wolf's Rain." For every horse drawing, there is someone saying, "SPIRIT STALLION OF THE CIMMARON!!!" Comments like these make artists feel like their work isn't original enough and that they aren't reaching people who don't see everything in such a limited spectrum.

Thank you for reading this and at least try to understand where I'm coming from. I'm not telling you that you suck for posting your comment or anything, I just want you to know you might have hurt Kat's feelings. :|
Fleetwind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trollacorn~ » Mon May 16, 2011 12:03 am

sorry i just thought it looked like him!!!!

~Trollacorn~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horseyloon » Mon May 16, 2011 4:25 am

woah! thats awesome!
Check my trade group, over 700 pets for trade!
horseyloon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Two if By Sea ~ » Mon May 16, 2011 5:02 am

What a gorgeous sketch! I adore the pose. <3 If this is what you can do sketching, than I'd love to see a finished drawing. *clicks [gallery] button*

Fleetwind wrote:
kiki00000089 wrote:it's spirit stallion of the cimmaron¬!!

You know, if there's one thing artists hate, it's other people comparing their work to somebody else's work, especially professional works like movies. Animal artist have it pretty tough. For every drawing with a lion in it, there is always someone who says it's Simba from The Lion King. For every wolf drawing, there is always someone saying, "Oh, that looks like Neko-Kawaii-Desu from Wolf's Rain." For every horse drawing, there is someone saying, "SPIRIT STALLION OF THE CIMMARON!!!" Comments like these make artists feel like their work isn't original enough and that they aren't reaching people who don't see everything in such a limited spectrum.

Thank you for reading this and at least try to understand where I'm coming from. I'm not telling you that you suck for posting your comment or anything, I just want you to know you might have hurt Kat's feelings. :|

I do see why your point is right, but I just want to put in something.

I'm pretty sure Kiki was complimenting her drawing, not trying to make her feel unoriginal. I mean, to have my art compared to a professional artist Disney hired to make a movie when I was just sketching? I'd be quite pleased actually. C: And I think she was just pointing out that the pose was quite similar to how they draw Spirit.

I see where you're coming from though. Originality's great, but it can go both ways. :mrgreen:
I love spiders. :3 I'm trying to reach a goal of 1,000. I currently have 427. Send a trade over, I'd love some more! C: Click the spidey to go to my hoarde. ^;^
Two if By Sea ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trollacorn~ » Tue May 17, 2011 3:11 am

acully dreamworks did spirit stallion of the cimarron lol

~Trollacorn~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:29 pm

It's fine. I actually get that a lot with my horse drawings but it's a bit hard to make cartoon horses not look like Spirit without making it either too realistic or too cartoonish but I'm trying. x]

Thank you for your compliments. I didn't even know this had comments until now. This is actually an animation I'm working on, the sketch you see being one frame of the animation. That's why the timer says 12 hours and the amount of draw sessions is high; because it's about 10 sketches all on different layers and each drawing session is me saving the drawing, seeing if the animation flows and making appropriate changes if needed. If you want to see the animation in motion, I can put the rough version on youtube and post a link. :)
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trollacorn~ » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:38 am

Yesssssss Please!

~Trollacorn~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me