Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

axolotl by coppercanary

Artist coppercanary [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

axolotl

Postby coppercanary » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:00 pm

well I had an interesting evening
so I am going to ramble about it because that is what I do when I enjoy things

so! for those of you who are not aware, today was the day ren and doc’s hermatrix minecraft server opened! my minecraft launcher likes to not work sometimes and today happened to be one of those times, I managed to wrangle it into working two minutes before the server opened and got into it on the dot of 7pm
at first nobody had any clue what was happening. there were a whole load of us on there, in a world with a reasonably small worldborder, then at some point someone realised we had to break stuff. I only knew that bc my friend faededfyre told me, and break things we did! I was on the stuff broken leaderboard for a little bit, when I was ~150-250 blocks broken, but I dropped off pretty quickly when I got distracted
as we broke more stuff we got better tools, meaning we could break more stuff. then things started picking up speed. someone found an end portal and at some point we realised that breaking blocks gradually added eyes to the frames. I found a geode and made it my goal to demolish it, then started hanging out with another friend for a bit but they got kicked during a lag spike and couldn’t get back in
at some point during that time, cub and xisuma had joined! this was something of a surprise to me who often forgets that hermits exist outside the hermitcraft server. they kept to themselves most of the time but said some funny things in chat which was great. a little later x said in chat to come and start digging out a certain chunk, and since by that point my other friend had been kicked, I didn’t have much to do and headed over
fae was there too :3 I was just as excited to see them as I was to see x even though we were actively chatting in discord the entire time
the xolotl skin is even better in person
the group who has dug out x’s chunk hung out together for a pretty long time, we managed to clear an entire chunk-wide side (the south) of the map and a significant part of another side before we broke apart. we even got on the rencam for a bit :D don’t have our group screenie on hand but south side gang you guys were great
fae pushed me into a hole this is bullying
after that I just vibed with fae for the most part until the map was cleared to bedrock, which was the goal. did manage to get a bootleg cub screenshot during one of the bad lag spikes though
then!! then when all the blocks had been destroyed, the end portal finally opened. my final score was 12844 or something around that. when the end first opened it was absolute mayhem, all 150+ people on the server were packed onto the small obsidian spawning platform, nothing was rendering, visibility was zilch because of how many people there were. after some time it loaded properly and we were freed. doc and ren hopped on in person rather than spectator or whatever they’d been doing before, we all got signs, and ren started flying around building pillars from netherite blocks. in the centre of the end was a large crab walker build in the same style as doc and ren’s other hc builds, similar to the lightning tower but with a few notable differences such as the top chamber being an oval and made of red glass. ren started building a group screenshot platform, which I managed to get a place on, and everything was chaotic for a little while longer.
who’s the little guy now fae
eventually doc and ren announced that they’d be doing individual screenshots with anyone who wanted them, and everyone queued up where we were told to. they said they’d kick people who skipped the queue which was nice. it was a very long queue but after a lag spike kicked a large portion of everyone off I ended up in a much better position than I had been before
my official hermit screenie :D

all in all it was a great way to spend my evening! you could look at it and say ‘canary all you did was mine blocks for three and a half hours straight then mucked about a bit at the end’ but I look at it and say ‘I was a part of hermitcraft history, even if just a little bit, and I got to hang out with fellow hermitcraft enjoyers which made it ten times better’

anyway ramble over
if you got this far down, hi there, you sure do like to read nonsense I spout at half twelve in the morning

// canary // they/them // zoology student //

hey! the name’s canary, i like to draw
things i enjoy are cats (esp genetics),
reading, dragons, and birds
// artfight // toyhouse // click the babas //

coppercanary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups