Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

i will no longer bend for you by BadgerBuddies

Artist BadgerBuddies [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

i will no longer bend for you

Postby BadgerBuddies » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:54 am

for all my years of living my kindness has gotten me taken advantage of left and right. because of my poor mental health i accepted it for all these years and allowed people to take advantage of my kindness and need to please others. the final straw a few years ago hurt me so badly, and left deep scars that i'm still not over, and i never want to hurt that way again, and i never want to end up in a friendship where i am being used for my kindness, someone knowing that I would bend over backwards for the people that i care about. I refuse to bend for those who do this anymore. I am tired. But it frustrates me that now, even standing up for myself, even friends standing up for the group of us, our calls are falling onto deaf ears. cutting toxic people out of your life is always the best thing to do for your health and sanity, but they never tell you what to do when someone you work with, who you can't cut out of your life, is the one treating you so poorly. I don't know what we will do, but i do know this: i will not bend.

yes. its a pink heifer. not a bull. not a big cow. not a strong color. pink. heifer. it doesn't matter how small you are, it doesn't matter what you look like or sound like. you are never too small to stand up for yourself. don't be like how i was, please<3
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: i will no longer bend for you

Postby Keen » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:02 am

Badger you been spyin on me. You're describing my life rn. Sorry you went through that, so proud of you for standing up tall anyway. I've also had to cut out people, and those cuts are deep and still hurt, but it was the right thing to do. I don't know what to do about someone you work with if you can't change departments/shifts/jobs. I hope the answer shows itself soon, and that it's one that doesn't add to your pain.
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:10 am

This is beautiful! The art, and the message is so moving <3
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:33 am

Keen wrote:Badger you been spyin on me. You're describing my life rn. Sorry you went through that, so proud of you for standing up tall anyway. I've also had to cut out people, and those cuts are deep and still hurt, but it was the right thing to do. I don't know what to do about someone you work with if you can't change departments/shifts/jobs. I hope the answer shows itself soon, and that it's one that doesn't add to your pain.

Gosh I wish we weren’t in the same boat rn, this is not a fun boat to be on I want a new boat 😂 I hope your situation resolves soon<33

Glowingsaltshaker wrote:This is beautiful! The art, and the message is so moving <3

Thank you!!
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keen » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:44 am

BadgerBuddies wrote:Gosh I wish we weren’t in the same boat rn, this is not a fun boat to be on I want a new boat 😂 I hope your situation resolves soon<33

You made me snort XD Crappy boat indeed lol
Plushie Comms || Discord: KeenBTF || deviantART
Autistic || ADHD || Adult || Social Anxiety || Collector || Mental Struggles

"Life's a grind, then you die. Bad things come for you whether you want them to or not. So you have to fight your hardest to survive and seek out the good in the world. What little of it there may be."
-Sharp-as-Night

"It's never a mistake to help others. One of the most important things you can
do in this life is to let other people know they're not alone."
-Bastian Hallix

Mostly Inactive here. Contact me on Discord or DeviantART. May still respond to trades if I can just log on and accept them as fair.
Keen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me