Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

progress by yeena

Artist yeena [gallery]
Time spent 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
64 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

progress

Postby yeena » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:19 pm

make sure that youre taking care of yourself!
    progress is not linear and its common and natural to have lows and highs. you could feel like youre doing great one day and then terrible the next, and thats okay.
    make sure to remind yourself that you are doing enough and that you are enough.
    you are very strong and you got this: be kind to yourself!
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: progress

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:21 pm

i love this <3
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lumilys » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:26 pm

thank you so much, i really needed this c:
lumilys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:32 pm

I have a card next to my bed that I used to look at on hard days.
It's a little life line, like from one of those medical screens that monitors your heart?
And it says 'recovery isn't linear'.
Someone had sent it to me, a stranger on the internet! when I was in a very dark place. It was so precious to me that I went to the Goodwill and picked out a frame in one of my favourite colours and set it up next to where I lay my head.

Things haven't been good lately. I think a lot of people can sympathize with that. The world is an increasingly hard place and sometimes it does feel like we're all treading water.

All of that to say I haven't looked at the card in a while because I didn't want to think about it.
Sometimes things get so dark that it almost makes you not want to look for the light, you know? Sometimes you just want to wallow and lay in the darkness that has seemingly consumed yourself and the world about you.

This made me look at it, and it brought me a lot of comfort.
You're right; progress, recovery, none of it's linear. We all go at our own pace and face those highs and lows as they come.

Thanks for drawing this & sharing it, I needed this very much.
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
utterly obsessed with kento nanami, my husband.

🦈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:09 am

Glowingsaltshaker wrote:i love this <3

im really glad that you love it! making personal "inspirational" art like that makes me really happy :")

lumilys wrote:
    thank you so much, i really needed this c:

youre so welcome <3 im glad that i could help you in some way, even if it was just with a positive cat drawing!

Tacitus wrote:I have a card next to my bed that I used to look at on hard days.
It's a little life line, like from one of those medical screens that monitors your heart?
And it says 'recovery isn't linear'.
Someone had sent it to me, a stranger on the internet! when I was in a very dark place. It was so precious to me that I went to the Goodwill and picked out a frame in one of my favourite colours and set it up next to where I lay my head.

-snip-

im so sorry it took me so long to respond, life got really busy again for a moment but i finally got the chance to sit down and, for once, reply to everyone on my drawing
(shoutout to anyone that has ever commented on my art to no reply, i read and appreciate them all but life and mental health fluctuates to the point its extremely challenging for me to reply, if ever OTL still love and appreciate everyone though)
i know the feeling of burying yourself into a dark state- it happens a lot when im on a mental decline unfortunately. im glad you have some physical reminder that brings you comfort in these times though! im glad that my art was able to give you the reminder that you needed <3
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me