Celtic Thunder - Ride On

"Celtic Thunder - Ride On" by River in the TARDIS

Dressup entry

Celtic Thunder - Ride On

Postby River in the TARDIS » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:36 am

Inspired by the song "Ride On" by Celtic Thunder, covered by The Celtic Woman, about a loved one who has ridden off on a horse, and gone where they can't be followed, presumably to heaven. The horse is described as "Sixteen one or two, with eyes wild and green" (representing the horse's height in hh (hands high), and the state of the horse's spirit and training, wild, and new, green frequently referring to young horses that haven't been trained in full yet,) and the chorus sings "Ride on, see you, I could never go with you no matter how I wanted to" implying that the rider is to continue on, but the singer can't yet join them as it's not their time.
I chose this specific horse to depict the wild and free nature of the horse in the song, as well as the passage from life, bearing beauty and flowers over a star filled darkness. The background and surroundings are the dim, rocky, and sometimes slippery path of life, leading towards a world of green and hope, the moon lighting the way to the after life, and a happy place. The moss covered boulder marks the entrance to where the path becomes celestial, the cat skull marking the intersection of life and death.
"Time can be rewritten!"
"Not those times-don't you dare!"
River in the TARDIS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me