Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

BRITA | Educational Guide (DNP) by sprig

Based on Click to view
Artist sprig [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

BRITA | Educational Guide (DNP)

Postby sprig » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:20 pm

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Welcome to the Educational Guide for Bear Run Icelandic Tölter Association! Here you will find all the information you need regarding the breed itself, the species-specific genes, as well as how to adopt or readopt, and how to participate in eventing and challenges.

Please do not post on this thread at any time. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please either message a staff member directly, or visit the Discord for assistance!

QUICK-LINK INDEX

EXTRA LINKS
Last edited by sprig on Thu May 25, 2023 6:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BRITA | About the Breed

Postby sprig » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:54 am

Bear Run Icelandic Tolter Association was founded in North America to support the Icelandic horse community outside of Iceland. When a horse is taken from Iceland, they are unable to return. Thus, big breed events exclude all but native animals. The association runs similar events as those featured in native Iceland in order to uphold breed temperament and spirit off-island. It’s also the main avenue used to export breeding stock from the main island to help support the breed and keep them pure and healthy.

While Tolters maintain the majority of breed standards as are found in Iceland, they deviate slightly in being a taller build than what would be found in native stock, making them more capable of competing in popular sports and able to comfortably support larger riders. This has led to them sometimes being referred to as Icelandic Warmbloods!

The Association is well-known for its advanced skills in breeding healthy foals through scientific means. Genetic engineering allows owners to select specific traits for their foals or even fully clone a parent, all while allowing any sex of horse to breed together. Natural birth is still a completely viable option, while keeping many other options available.

In an attempt to re-create some of the old norse traditions, BRITA has recently been introducing more and more events centered around Scandinavian culture and history. It is a vital part of the breed, and thus far has been a great success.
Last edited by sprig on Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BRITA | Imports

Postby sprig » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:58 am

Now that you know how Bear Run Icelandic Tolters came to be and have successfully read through all of the rules, you're ready to get your very own Tolter! This post contains all of the information you need to get started with your first adoption process.

Your first step in bringing home your first BRITA import is to find an open adoption on the MAIN PAGE. Adopted horses will have a halter. When applying for a horse without a halter, it's always a good idea to check the end date of the adopt, to make sure it hasn't already passed so that you don't put work into your form and it get disqualified!

There are many different types of import adoption processes, and they will vary from horse to horse and from artist to artist. While these are by no means the only competitions you will see, these are some of the more common ones:
Naming contest / The artist will choose the form that has the name they think fits the import the best! When applying, make sure the name you choose is within any requirements set by the artist.
Personality contest / You will write a personality for the import that fits the character you wish to develop! When applying, make sure you remain within any word limit perimeters set by the artist.
Halter Color contest / You will choose the color or design of the halter that the artist will add to your horse if you win! When applying, make sure your color or pattern choice remain within any requirements set by the artist.
Image or Gif contest / You will choose an image or gif that best fit within the requirements set by the artist!
Eye color contest / You will choose a color for the import's eye color, and the artist will pick the form that has the color they feel fits the best! Sometimes, the artist will ask that you not choose a specific color but instead choose a single word or phrase for them to use their imagination and come up with a color that fits that word or phrase! When applying, make sure that your color choice follows any requirements given by the artist.
FCFS or "First Come First Serve" / When an import is FCFS, the winner will be determined by whomever is the first to fully and correctly fill out the form given by the artist! If your form is edited before the winner is announced by the artist, it will be disqualified and the import will go to the next user with a fully and correctly filled out form. When applying, make sure that you stay within any requirements set by the artist, and that you do not edit your form before a winner is announced.

Now that you know some of the different types of contests you might see, we can move on to what an actual form might look like! Here is an empty skeleton form, to give you a basic idea of what one might look like when you are applying for an import.
    Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Show Name:[/b]
    [b]Barn:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Coat Color:[/b]
    [b]Halter Color:[/b]
    [b]Contest:[/b]

When the form is fully and properly filled out, it should look something like this: (example contest type: "Give this horse a personality in just 5 words")
Username: sprig
Show Name: Oceans Away
Barn Name: Ansie
Coat Color: Blood Bay Tobiano
Halter Color: Turquoise
5 word personality: Calm waves on the shore

And this is a breakdown of each component of the form!
Username: This is where you will put your current username!
Show Name: The show name you choose for your horse will go here! Make sure that it is within the parameters set by the artist, if there are any listed. Show names are optional, and wether or not your Tolter has one does not effect their ability to participate in the species.
Barn Name: The barn name is usually what Tolters are called by, and all of them will have one!
Gender: Your choice of stallion (male) or mare (female) will go here. This is only the designated gender at birth, and your horse can identify as the opposite gender if you choose to develop them this way.
Coat Color: This section is filled out by the artist, and should not be changed.
Halter Color: Here you can add whatever color you would like the halter to be should you win the import!
Contest: This section will be changed by the artist dependent on what contest type they choose!

That's it! If you ever have any questions about a contest or need help, our artist's inboxes are always open, or you can join our DISCORD server and use the #questions-and-suggestions channel!
Last edited by sprig on Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BRITA | Readoption

Postby sprig » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:59 am

So you have an import or breeding that you no longer connect with, what do you do?
There are several methods for readoption, and all of them can be found right here! Before readopting your Tolter, make sure that you have fully read this portion of the educational guide, so that you fully understand how each process works as all of them work a little bit differently than the other!

Gifting / First off we have the method of gifting your horse. This is a great way of readopting, and often how some users get their first horse!
How to Gift Your BRITA Import or Breeding
- Find the user you wish to gift the horse to, and confirm that they would like to accept it.
- If you do not have a preference on what user the horse goes to, you can use our "giveaways" channel in our Discord server, and can host a giveaway using the giveaway bot that will allow you to set a timeline for an automatically randomized roll.
- Once they accept, you (gifter) will need to be the first to post on the horse's original adoption page stating the gifting.
- Your post will need to include the username of the user who you are gifting to.
- Once you have posted, the second user (gifted) will need to post on the same adoption page and confirm the gifting.
- After both parties have posted on the original adoption page, the new owner (gifted) will be responsible for contacting the correct archivist to make sure that the horse's ownership is changed over in the archives to prevent confusion later on down the line.
- Always make sure that the new owner has access to all of their new horse's information before deleting them from your barn! This includes any slots that were given out or used, any art (wether made by you or someone else) and any lineage. Once they have moved all of the information over to their new page, you are welcome to remove it from your barn.

Trading / Trading is the most common form of readoption in BRITA. Using this method you are able to trade your horse for another horse, slots, and more!
How to Trade Your BRITA Import or Breeding
- Tolters can be traded for: art, Tolter breeding slots, other Tolter horses, or BRITA items. (Keeping in mind that Legacy Tolters have their own regulations on slots)
- Your first step in trading is to find a partner to trade with! You will do all trade discussion through private messaging, to prevent spam in the species Discord channels.
- Once you and the second party user have agreed on what you will be trading for, you will move on to the trade itself.
- Each type of trade is handled a little bit differently.
- If you are trading one Tolter for another, you will follow steps similar to gifting. Each party will do the tasks required of them as a "gifter" or "gifted" in the gifting section of this post.
- If you are trading a Tolter for slots, you will follow the same steps as a "gifter". The second user will need to give a written permission, which can be screenshot and kept in your personal records for use in a breeding. (See the BREEDING post for more information on obtaining and using slots)
- If you are trading a Tolter for BRITA items, you will need to follow the instructions given in the "item-trades" channel of the Discord.
- If you are trading your Tolter for art, you must wait until owed art is completed and sent to you before following the "gifter" steps in the gifting section of this post.
- Staff will always help in any way that they can in the event of a second party not following through on a trade. If you have an issue with a user, please contact a species MOD directly for assistance!

User-held Readoption / If you do not wish to trade your Tolter, but also do not want to just gift it away, user-help readoptions might be the option for you!
How to Host a User-Held Readoption
- User-Held adoptions must be completely free to enter.
- Your first step is to determine a platform to host your readoption on. You can create a new CS topic, or use the horse's original adoption page.
- When hosting a user-held readoption you will be responsible for posting the adoption and choosing a winner in a timely manner.
- If you need help with a user-held readoption or have questions regarding contest types, a staff member is always available to assist in any way that they can!

Staff-held Readoption / Staff-held readoptions are in the same league as user-held readoptions, but you relinquish the responsibilities to the staff member!
How to Host a Staff-Held Readoption
- Staff-held readoptions must be completely free to enter.
- In a staff-held readoption, you will only be responsible for contacting a staff member and requesting a readoption be held.
- In order to begin a staff-held readoption you will need to write a permission that will be screenshot and posted at the beginning of the readoption.
- You can set some minor requirements (i.e; contest type, end date, if you would like to be included in judging, etc.) but the staff member must confirm that they are willing to accept your terms prior to the adoption taking place.
- Staff-held readoptions will always be hosted on the original adoption page and cannot exceed a 7 day adoption period.
- Once the readoption contest has ended, the staff member will be responsible for contacting the correct archivist to have the ownership changed in the archives.

Special Circumstances / In some cases, Tolters are able to be sold for C$ or USD.
- Tolters cannot be sold for any outside currencies unless they were originally purchased with an outside currency.
- If you bought a Tolter with C$ or USD, they can be re-sold for the same currency as was used to purchase.
- Tolters may not be sold for any higher than what they were purchased for unless a significant amount of art and development was produced for it.

As always, if you have any questions about how to sell, trade, re-adopt or gift your Tolters, all MOD inboxes are open at all times!
As a reminder, Legacy Tolters have their own rules regarding how they are traded. Please consult the Legacy Tolter post on this page for more information!
Last edited by sprig on Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BRITA | Breeding

Postby sprig » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:01 am

Along with our imports BRITA offers a free covering program, so that members may breed their horses together! There are a few different ways in which you might be able to add a little one to your stables, all of which we will explain here in as much detail as we can.

The Basics / A few bullet points you need to know, to help simplify some of the processes.
- The first thing you need to know about coverings at BRITA is that they are completely free, unless it is a specialty breeding! In which case, an artist might charge a small fee.
- Artists will open slots from time to time, and there are a number of ways in which you might go about entering for those slots, which will be discussed further down in this post.
- Because of the hard work and dedication of the Association, Tolters are able to breed in any pair, regardless of gender!
- Each Tolter has a 2 week cool-down period after a covering. This cool-down begins from the day the covering is accepted by an artist, and not on the day the foal is born.
- Every Tolter has a base of 4 breeding slots. (More can be earned through leveling)
- Twins are only achievable with the use of an item specially designed by BRITA to produce two foals without negative health complications to the parent.
- Artists have 30 days to complete your accepted covering. If after 30 days the foal is not posted, please notify a MOD or Admin and the covering will be voided and the slots returned to you!

How to Begin / First and foremost before you begin the covering process, you will either need two Tolters of your own with open slots, or permission to use slots from another member's Tolter(s). In order to use the slot of someone else's Tolter, they will need to give you a written permission and a screenshot of this permission must be provided when you apply for a covering. Here is an example of what your permission should look like:

I, sprig, give (your username) permission to use 1 slot from my mare Ocean's Away/Ansie in a covering of their choice!
The wording does not have to be exactly the same, however your permission should include some of the key phrases such as their username, your username, and the name of the horse(s) involved. Once you have obtained a slot (or two slots, if you do not have any horses of your own!) you are ready to move on to filling out the covering form!

Covering Form / The covering form will always be the same, and is accessible on the foaling barn page. The blank form should look something like this, and a full explanation of each section is below it:
[b]Username(s):[/b]
[b]Artist:[/b]

[b]Horse 1:[/b]
[b]Permission:[/b]
[b]Last time bred:[/b]

[b]Horse 2:[/b]
[b]Permission:[/b]
[b]Last time bred:[/b]

[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Items Used:[/b]

Username(s) / Your username as well as the username(s) of any members who's horses are also involved in the covering.
Artist / The username of the open artist should go here. You should only be submitting a covering form if an artist has available slots!

Horse 1 / The name of the first horse in your covering should go here, along with a URL link to their original adoption page.
Barn / A URL link to the first horse in your covering should go here.
Permission / If this horse does not belong to you, a screenshot of your permission to use the slot must go here. A correct permission will include your username, the horse's name, and the username of the horse's owner.
Last time bred / A link to the last covering that was accepted including this horse. If this horse has never been bred, you can simply put N/A in this slot!

Horse 2 / The name of the second horse in your covering should go here, along with a URL link to their original adoption page.
Barn / A URL link to the second horse in your covering should go here.
Permission / If this horse does not belong to you, a screenshot of your permission to use the slot must go here. A correct permission will include your username, the horse's name, and the username of the horse's owner.
Last time bred / A link to the last covering that was accepted including this horse. If this horse has never been bred, you can simply put N/A in this slot!

Halter Color / The color you would like your foal's halter to be when it reaches adulthood.
Items Used / Any items you wish to use in this covering should be listed here. Items must be displayed in your item storage account in order for it to be valid to use!

Once your covering application is accepted by an artist, they will begin work on your foal! Any special traits or mutations that either parent holds will be rolled for according to the rolling system located below. When the foal is posted a form will be provided for you to fill out which will include the name, gender and fate of the foal. After the foal is born it will grow into adulthood after 2 weeks (14 days). Once it reaches adulthood, your foal will be able to breed!

Rolling for Traits / The process used to decide whether a foal will receive special traits from its parents.
Rarity Guide (Bases / Markings) / Rarity Guide (Edits)
- Red / Base: Pass at artist descretion
- Orange / Common: Using RNG, roll for 1/4. If 1 is rolled, trait passes. If both parents have the same trait, both 1 & 2 will pass trait.
- Yellow / Unommon: Using RNG, roll for 1/6. If 1 is rolled, trait passes. If both parents have the same trait, both 1 & 2 will pass trait.
- Green / Rare: Using RNG, roll for 1/10. If 1 is rolled, trait passes. If both parents have the same trait, both 1 & 2 will pass trait.
- Blue / Very Rare: Using RNG, roll for 1/15. If 1 is rolled, trait passes. If both parents have the same trait, both 1 & 2 will pass trait.
- Purple / Exotic: Using RNG, roll for 1/25. If 1 is rolled, trait passes. If both parents have the same trait, both 1 & 2 will pass trait.
Last edited by sprig on Mon May 29, 2023 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BRITA | Stable Registration

Postby sprig » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:03 am

Registration Form

So you've gotten your first Tolter, now what? The next step for you is to make a barn or stable for your horses, and register it with us! In order to use your horses within the species for breeding, challenges, eventing and other events, you must have a barn with proper information that has been approved and registered within the species.

Things to Know
- Each individual horse needs to display breeding information, and a link to their original adoption page.
- Your barn can be made on CS, TH, DA, Wix, or any other website as long as it is easily accessible (i.e you do not need an account to view it, etc.) and the proper information is shown clearly for each horse.
- You will be unable to breed or participate in events and competitions until your barn has been registered and approved.
- If you switch threads or services, you will need to get your barn re-registered and approved by a staff member to ensure all of the correct information is still displayed!

Where to Start
In order for your barn to be approved, you will need to have fully filled out and correct information for each individual Tolter that you own. Below we have created a skeleton form which includes all of the minimum information needed in order for your barn to be approved. All of this information must be kept up to date and accurate in order to breed or participate in events.

[b]Name:[/b] (Show name optional)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Coat Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Dam:[/b] [url=adoptionlink]NAME[/url] (if applicable)
[b]Sire:[/b] [url=adoptionlink]NAME[/url] (if applicable)
[b]Breeding Slots:[/b]
[i]1.[/i] [url=profile]USERNAME[/url] with [url=adoptionlink]NAME[/url] - [url=adoptionlink]Foal[/url]
[i]2.[/i] [url=profile]USERNAME[/url] with [url=adoptionlink]NAME[/url] - [url=adoptionlink]Foal[/url]
[i]3.[/i] [url=profile]USERNAME[/url] with [url=adoptionlink]NAME[/url] - [url=adoptionlink]Foal[/url]
[i]4.[/i] [url=profile]USERNAME[/url] with [url=adoptionlink]NAME[/url] - [url=adoptionlink]Foal[/url]

Here are some breakdowns of the above information, in case you don't know what to put in a section!

Name / This is your horse's name. It can be a full show name or just a barn name, whichever you prefer!
Gender / The gender of your horse!
Coat Color / The coat color of your adopted Tolter will be listed on it's original adopt page - you can copy and paste it from there!
Eye Color / This should also be listed on the original adopt page, and can be copied as well. If it is not, you can make up a name or just put the color closest to what you think it might be!
Dam / This section only needs to be used if your horse was a result of a breeding. If your horse was not a breeding, you can put "Foundation" in this section instead!
Sire / This section only needs to be used if your horse was a result of a breeding. If your horse was not a breeding, you can put "Foundation" in this section instead!
Breeding Slots / Each Tolter has 4 breeding slots as a base. (this does NOT apply to Legacy Tolters) Each slot needs to be listed individually (as done in the above form) and should be kept up to date as much as possible.
    "Profile" / URL link to the profile of the member that will be using the slot to your horse.
    USERNAME / You must put the username of the member who will be using the slot to your horse.
    "Adoptionlink" / URL link to the horse's original adoption page!
    NAME / This is where you will put the name of the horse that is being bred with your horse! Members don't have to know right away which horse they will be using in a breeding, so you won't have to update this until the breeding is complete.
    "Adoptionlink" / You will need to user a URL link that goes directly to the foal's adoption page once it is completed.
    Foal / You can either leave this as is, or you can update it with the name of the foal!

How to Get Approved
Once you've got your barn or stable updated and ready for the approval stage, you will need to head over to the Registration Booth and fill out the form provided there. It should look like this:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Barn/Stable Name:[/b] [url=LINK]Name[/url]
[b]Host:[/b] (where your barn is located, i.e; wix, CS, DA, TH, etc.)

Once you have filled that out and have posted it, you must wait for a staff member to post approving your form. Once they do that, you will officially be able to use your Tolters fully throughout the species! You will be added to our registry, so that other BRITA members can easily find your barn and so that it is easily accessible to staff when necessary.

If you have already been approved in the past but have recently changed usernames, changed the name of your barn, or changed where your barn is located, you will need to post an update form on the same thread in order to keep our records as up to date as possible. The update form should look something like this:
[b]Requested Change:[/b] (username change, barn name change, location change)
[b]Old Username:[/b]
[b]New Username:[/b]
[b]Barn/Stable Name:[/b] [url=LINK]Name[/url]
[b]Host:[/b] (where your barn is located, i.e; wix, CS, DA, TH, etc.)

- If you've moved barns and are waiting on re-approval, please note that you should refrain from entering events or applying for breeding until a staff member has approved the new one.
Last edited by sprig on Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BRITA | Community Horses

Postby sprig » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:04 am

Community Horses | Mascots
Community horses/mascots are designed to act as "unowned starters" for members who do not have a Tolter yet, and need help getting one! While the horses themselves are not up for adoption, their slots are given out to help members get their first Tolter through the route of breeding. While they are not solely given to new members, that is their typical use.

What's the difference between a community horse and a mascot?
Mascots are pre-created, and are often used during events as NPCs. They have an unlimited amount of slots that can be given out, and their slots are usually given as prizes during events or community raffles. They never retire from use, and remain to be owned by the species itself.
Community horses are different in a few ways. They have 4 slots just like any normal Tolter, but once their slots have been given away, they are "retired" and adopted out to the community. As the community horses are cycled through, new ones are made periodically based on artist discretion as well as community input. They will occasionally have rare features such as extra fluff or special genes!

How do I get a slot to a mascot or community horses?
Slots to mascots are given away at random intervals, usually during events or special raffles. Community horse slots are given out by request, but members with less Tolters already owned are prioritized in order to help grow the community as a whole!
Last edited by sprig on Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BRITA | Legacy Tolters

Postby sprig » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:05 am

Legacy Tolters are any Tolters made during version 1 of the species. Because there were so many of them, lineages and archives got messy and they were not very closely monitored. And as a result, they have their own set of rules which are separated from the BRITA rules in order to regulate them a little bit closer.

Last updated: 04/20/2023 | Subject to change

Legacy Tolter Rules & Regulations
- Legacy Tolters (LTs) may not be sold for any outside currencies. (i.e USD, C$, DA Points, etc.) Unless it was purchased with an outside currency, in which case it can be sold for the same currency used to purchase it, for no more than the original selling point.
- LTs are considered sterile and cannot breed unless their barn page shows accurate record of all foals that were produced from them during V.1 as well as any slots that were given out.
- If a LT has had more than 10 foals in its lifetime, it will be unable to breed. It may still be used in events, providing an accurate barn page is shown, including all foals that were produced from them during V.1 including slots that were given.
- When a slot has been given to another user, it is considered "used" regardless of if a foal has been produced from that slot.
- A LT may be granted a maximum of 2 breeding slots providing they have not used any more than 8 slots previously in their lifetime.
- Because LTs may only have 10 total foals in its lifetime, if they previously had 9 foals/given slots, they would only be granted 1 slot.
- While LTs can participate in certain events and earn ribbons and shields, they are unable to earn breeding slots at this time. In place of the breeding slot award, the LT owner will receive 1 Uncommon Edit item.
- Once all additional slots have been used, LTs will be considered sterile.

Example Scenarios
These are some examples of scenarios in which a Legacy Tolt would or would not receive slots.

Enid had 2 foals previously, and 3 of her slots were given to other users totaling in 5 slots being used. She would be eligible for 2 slots, providing all born foals and given slots are listed correctly. Total, she will have 7 slots in her lifetime, and is not eligible for additional slots through events.

Charlie had 5 foals previously, and 4 of her slots were given to other users totaling in 9 slots being used. She would only be eligible for 1 slot, providing all born foals and given slots are listed correctly. Total, she will have 10 slots in her lifetime, and is not eligible for additional slots through events.

Maggie had 4 foals previously, and 6 slots were given to other users totaling in 10 slots being used. She would not be eligible for additional slots.
Last edited by sprig on Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BRITA | Eventing & Achievements

Postby sprig » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:06 am

Eventing is a great way to earn gold coins, the currency used within the species. By submitting art, writing or other mediums listed on the eventing thread, you can enter in events and go on leisure rides using your Tolters! All of the detailed information is displayed on the eventing thread, but we will go over the basics here to start getting you familiar.
Eventing Arena

There are two ways you can use the eventing arena, Leisure Riding and Eventing. While they are similar in some aspects, they both have their own unique challenges. Before utilizing either one, make sure that you have read and familiarized yourself with the differences between them!

Leisure Riding
Leisure riding is the easiest way to casually earn gold coins, without the need to follow a strict prompt or pay attention to a deadline. Leisure riding is always available, and art and writing can be submitted at any time to earn small amounts of gold coins that can be spent in the feed and tack store.
There is no beginning or end date for any submissions to leisure riding. You are able to submit writing, both traditional and digital art, as well as a few miscellaneous things related to your BRITA horses!

Eventing
Eventing is similar to leisure riding, in that you submit art or writing and receive gold coins in return. However, events have a beginning and end date, and can only be entered using writing or digital art. When you enter an event, you have between the first and last day of the event to create your art or writing. It must be fully finished and submitted before the deadline, or it will not be counted in the final judging.
There are several members who have been hired as judges for events, to narrow down all of the entries to a first, second, and third place winner. These three winners will receive a number of gold coins, as well as a ribbon for the horse they used to enter the event. Anyone else who entered but did not win a ribbon will still get a small number of gold coins for their submission.

Ribbons, Shields & Achievements
When you win an event and place in either first, second or third, you will receive a ribbon. Ribbons are tied directly to whatever horse you used to enter the event with, and can be collected to earn shields, which give you prizes that are hard to get anywhere else!
There are 3 colors of ribbons;
1st: blue / 2nd: red / 3rd: green
While these colors do contribute to the number of gold coins you win in an event, they all work the same when working towards an achievement. For example; if you win 2 red ribbons and a yellow, they all count together to earn the first achievement. However, remember that in order to get an achievement, these ribbons must be won all by the same horse.

When you reach a certain number of ribbons, you then earn a shield! Shields grant you special prizes that can only be applied by submitting a request through the eventing arena.

Achievements
3 Ribbons | Folc Shield: x1 Breeding slot
6 Ribbons | Dreng Shield: x1 Breeding slot
9 Ribbons | Thegn Shield: x1 Breeding slot
10 Ribbons | Himthiki Shield: x1 Breeding slot
15 Ribbons | Skeppare Shield: x1 Rare Trait Item
20 Ribbons | Skald Shield: x1 Very Rare Trait Item
25 Ribbons | Drott Shield: x1 Legendary Trait Item
30 Ribbons | Thane Shield: x1 Common Custom
35 Ribbons | Jarl Shield: x1 Uncommon Custom
40 Ribbons | Frea Shield: x1 Rare Custom

And thats the basics of eventing and leisure riding! For more in depth detail, visit the Eventing Arena. If you have any questions, comments or concerns feel free to message an admin or moderator directly.
Last edited by sprig on Mon May 29, 2023 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BRITA | Giftline Inventory

Postby sprig » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:09 am

Welcome to the giftline inventory! Here you will find lots of links to various types of giftlinearts made by community members over the years. They are sorted by type, as well as wether they are on or off site!!

On-Site
HEAD-SHOT
Chibi Headshot | sprig
Headshot | sprig
Headshot | sprig
Floral Headshot | sprig
[url=LINK]Type[/url] | [url=LINK]Artist[/url]

BUST-SHOT

FULL-BODY

OTHER
Off-Site
HEAD-SHOT
[url=LINK]Type[/url] | [url=LINK]Artist[/url] | Loc

BUST-SHOT

FULL-BODY
PTU Full-Body | fidgetyflower | DA
PTU Full-Body + Foal | fidgetyflower | DA
PTU Full-Body | Artist | DA

OTHER
Last edited by sprig on Mon May 29, 2023 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
sprig

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me