Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Trapped in a cage. (TOH Golden Guard/Hunter fanart!) by lyney

Artist lyney [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Trapped in a cage. (TOH Golden Guard/Hunter fanart!)

Postby lyney » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:56 pm

I'm! Going to get this out of my wips, haha, I've been working on it for too long. A part of the timer was me going afk while still having this open, but a lot of it was me struggling with getting the colors to n o t look that gross. My dad challenged me to draw a forward-facing drawing (I don't do them often, so they normally turn out funky), and I was in the mood to draw Hunter/The Golden Guard!

At first, I had only drawn him with red wings (He's voiced by Zeno Robinson! Zeno is also the VA of Hawks from MHA, so it was going to be a Hawks reference), but decided midway through the sketch to work on symbolism instead. A lot of people have pointed out that Hunter and his palisman are very similar in wishing to break free of their confines, so rather than Hawks, I instead based it off of his cardinal! The chains were a last-minute thing I scribbled on, but they're meant to play a part in the way he feels about wishing to choose his own future. c: I really hope to see them redeem him in the future!
--------

Edit: The timer's really wrong, oops! I spent about 4 hours on this, and then had it open in another tab for the other 4 hours. I must've gotten distracted KJNGJ

Catch me throwing hands with Belos xoxo I hate him with a passion
"That's the upside of being a wanted man . .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
♔【 → cross • he/they • adult • th ← 】♔
I AM the risk ."
lyney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me