Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

totally not fayette by lux lisbon

Artist lux lisbon [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

totally not fayette

Postby lux lisbon » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:38 pm

reference (casil mcarthur................<3)
i need to stop using reference photos with the most godawful lighting LMAO
lately i have been very dissatisfied with my art and i always feel like something is off about all of my drawings.. it sucks with drawings of faye especially because i have such a clear crisp image of him in my head but i can't seem to translate that well enough into a picture! sad
i post him a lot but i never talk about him really.... he's my favourite oc right now and he studies textiles and loves fashion.. he likes to skateboard and kiss his roommate joanie on the cheek..
lux lisbon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: totally not fayette

Postby grizol » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:58 pm

the texture on the clothing is amazing!! i love the way you shade n fayette seems like such a cool dude
also i totally get having trouble translating an image in your head to the canvas, it’s so annoying
➵ julien xiixix artf iiig
he/they ixxxxxxxx :)
i'm dumb and i make
art sometimes. that's
about it! x thank you.
th xxxx julienw#3969
───────────────
grizol

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:54 am

i love him so much... and i have to agree, the texture here is so good :0c
    i can't visualize so i can't exactly relate but hey!! you still made something out of Nothing and i still think there's merit in that even if it doesn't align perfectly with what you have in your head
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lux lisbon » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:53 am

grizol wrote:the texture on the clothing is amazing!! i love the way you shade n fayette seems like such a cool dude
also i totally get having trouble translating an image in your head to the canvas, it’s so annoying

thank you so much !! and yeah it sucks... im learning to still be satisfied with the outcome even if it's not perfect
hypnowave wrote:
    i love him so much... and i have to agree, the texture here is so good :0c
    i can't visualize so i can't exactly relate but hey!! you still made something out of Nothing and i still think there's merit in that even if it doesn't align perfectly with what you have in your head

he loves you too hehe..<3 ty!!
that's what i say to myself.. i'm so critical of my art and focus on the negatives but really any form of creation and self expression is an amazing and wonderful thing inherently.. trying to not see my art as something to be consumed and perfected and constantly tweaked but to just let it be what it is..
lux lisbon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me