Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

no reptiles by ambopteryx

Artist ambopteryx [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

no reptiles

Postby ambopteryx » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:59 am

(title only relevant insofar that whenever i draw a lizard everything everything's no reptiles plays in my head)

so rem sleep designed me a fursona out of nowhere and??? i love it actually??? turns out that while i couldnt make a design to represent myself for the life of me i INSTANTLY connected with a design made by someone else who prrrrrobably has a better sense of my whole deal as an outsider than i do (identity issues and dissociation, yayyyyy)

and so im gonna throw in some more info kinda like how rem did as well because honestly i just think it seems fun?

so uhh some details nd stuff! the only yellow parts that are actual markings is the midline bisecting the orange and blue and the palms of the hand- the rest are reflections of light, nd they're generally pretty shiny. the darker spots on the body are slightly upraised scales- most of the body is a more smooth/leathery texture while the upraised scales are extremely smooth and almost glassy looking. most are still p flexible, except for the scales on the fingers, toes, and below the eyes. they have a few horns on the head (two on each side on the top of the head, three on each cheek), and those have the texture and appearance of extremely polished crystal. they can be drawn with just one set of ears like here or up to three. the profile of the mouth is all jaggedy and theyve got some pointy teeth in there! no "claws," but the fingers and toes come to a sharp point that act as claws. the scansoriopterygid wings are small incapable of flight, but like. they can just kinda levitate so it doesn't matter (the wings r also the only thing i really added to the original design z,mxcvn). they can also be drawn w/ patches of feathers. theyre about 5'6/5'7 but they slouch a lot so they look a bit shorter, nd they're kinda wider set. they can be drawn with or without glasses bcuz their left eye barely works but they just dont bother w glasses most of the time

and thennnn a basic bio!

Name: Ambo
Pronouns: they/it/he
Species: ....lizard? just. lizard. just a guy.
Likes: fruit (particularly mango), fantasy and sci-fi, collecting weird stuff (practically ANYTHING), reptiles, birds, extinct stuff, rocks, stuffed animals, classic literature, poetry, weird or off-broadway plays/musicals, crocs, stuffed animals, insects, robotics, sleeping, d&d, video games (especially the high-concept artsy ones + idle games), blaseball, many different types nd genres of music (mostly songs with particularly roundabout or strange lyrics that still manage to have a strong meaning or industrial/electronic/distorted sounding stuff), bright + contrasting colors, baggy clothes, the cold, diet soda, spicy foods, honey mustard
Dislikes: Loud noises, crowded spaces, certain textures, physical contact with unfamiliar people, just unfamiliar people in general, ladybugs, chicken (as in the food), eggs, noodles/pasta, most mainstream music/media (...like not to be a hipster or anything but like. yeah), the romance genre, charles dickens, Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace (my personal enemy), hot drinks, tight/form-fitting clothing, the heat, most hot drinks like coffee and tea, ranch dressing, contacts, actual irl sports
    “Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est"
    (They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier)

― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
    sig art by rem sleep
ambopteryx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me