Oberon ♛ Featherval ♛ (HOLD) by vicorish

Based on Click to view
Artist vicorish [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
47 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Oberon ♛ Featherval ♛ (HOLD)

Postby vicorish » Wed May 19, 2021 9:56 am

Feathervals are a versatile serval-fox-hawk species that vary greatly with their bird & cat DNA.

✦ Oberon is the monarch (leader) of the Timber Flock ✦
✦ Half-eagle and half-wolverine, Oberon is a huge, imposing sight. He is not only the physically strongest monarch, but also the eldest. He was once a skilled but brooding and frustrated young featherval, known for taking training too far and breaking rules when he felt he could handle things his way. He eventually found his place when given a chance at mentorship - his pride, strict but fair discipline, and new-found understanding & respect for their flock's rule and traditions through the eyes of the fledgelings made him very popular. Over the years, he has watched countless fledgelings grow, train, and battle - sometimes to their death. This has given him an extremely protective complex with his flock - he treats every threat with the utmost seriousness, and keeps as much of his flock as possible under his selfless wing. He guards his flock's many ancient traditions almost as fiercely, and would be the last monarch to take in a stranger without a very good reason. It may be hard to make this restrained and seasoned guardian crack a smile these days (he is mostly confused by his flock's jokes!), though none can deny the fatherly fondness he has for them, especially the younger members. There is surely something anyone could learn from Oberon, if they respect his boundaries. ✦
✦ Other notes: he is infamous among foes for his huge claws - used mostly for climbing and pinning. He lost the tip of his tail in battle, leading to its scruffy appearance, and he develops more white & tan streaks in his brown fur and feathers as he ages. Oh - and there also appears to be tension between him and Shirengen. ✦

★★★this is a RARE featherval!★★★

★ OWNED BY Wirm

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
This will be a giveaway to a very interested future featherval staff.
This character is important to the featherval "universe", and ideally will go to someone with a passion for RP and community.
I have a loose idea of who this monarch is, but it will be up to you to flesh them out and have fun with it however you like!

If you are still interested after seeing their ref, please comment! If you have shown interest before, I am keeping you in mind :>
(I will be posting the rest of the monarchs as soon as I can - BONE monarch will be next - but I will only confirm who has received a monarch AFTER I have posted all of them! So don't worry about rushing to try and claim the first I posted ♥)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Feel free to PM me with any questions, I don't bite! :D And thank you so much!

•TOS•

1) CREDIT: please credit me as vicorish alongside all your feathervals! Do not claim my art/designs/species as your own, or erase my signature.
2) RE-SELLING: You cannot sell this character. If you are no longer interested, please return them to me.
3) CUSTOMIZATION: You can edit monarchs only with minor changes and accessories. Feel free to ask!
4) PAYMENT/REFUNDS: Please think before you claim/buy anything! Payment not applicable here.
If you aren't able to claim one and don't want to draw another one yourself, you are welcome to use this common featherval base to colour your own!
5) BE KIND: Please enjoy and relax! I won't tolerate any meanness around my species, and want this to be a fun experience <3
Last edited by vicorish on Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
vicorish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Oberon ♛ Featherval ♛ (HOLD)

Postby allinian » Wed May 19, 2021 9:58 am

it's oberon!!! looks amazing as always <3
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
----------
on hiatus.
----------

⟡ alli ⟡ she/her ⟡
to-do list

art creditimg rotator
⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡
allinian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corals Art Studio » Wed May 19, 2021 9:59 am

fgufygrwfwofhewufhewifweuofhesfwj whfweufh ewihf wihfwifuhwif wef thi s is amazing
Corals Art Studio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Wed May 19, 2021 10:18 am

oh wow!! he’s awesome!! ;0;
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosi » Wed May 19, 2021 10:58 am

Majestic-

Your art is so good, and Oberon looks perfect!
Rosi
She/They
TH
✿Friends: ~ ~ ~
A strange new egg... Image
Rosi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Wed May 19, 2021 10:58 am

i am very interested! i am also extremely interested in bone monarch and will be posting there as well :3c
bats // it/its // adult

formerly rainboxys
discord @ somnacanth
ophanimera everywhere else

commission TOS

ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hexxed » Wed May 19, 2021 11:59 am

Wow! Look at him go! Oberon looks so regal in his official ref! Just look at his steely gaze!
I really enjoyed reading his bio, too! I'm extremely interested in him o:
。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 ARTIST X DREAMER
 ゚・。・
credit | credit
icon drawn by me :3c

transmasc non-binary
him/them

I don't trade much!

Hexxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby riuus » Wed May 19, 2021 12:16 pm

i love his characterization sm !! stern but protective is one of my favorite character tropes and i'm super excited to see how he gets developed! also the line about him not understanding his flock's jokes gives me a "how do you do fellow kids" vibe lmao i was debating between creating a featherval for timber or rain flock but i'm definitely sticking w timber now ^_^
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌───────────┐

kylo • they/them • enfj
artist and frog enthusiast.
pms are always open :]
🦌🎀 | ©

└───────────┘
┌─────┐

└─────┘
riuus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Wed May 19, 2021 5:37 pm

This is the one I was looking forward to the most, and the one I am definitely interested in! When I was younger, I used to roleplay older chars, knightly sorts and... he fits right in with that! Not to mention I might already be partial to timber flock considering my flock already haha!

But seriously, I love this fellow and his design. What a good monarch! I picture every scar he holds has a story, which if the flock waits is told under the right circumstances as training.
Last edited by Griff on Wed May 19, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Delta Dawn » Wed May 19, 2021 5:42 pm

aaah there he is!!! my second favourite monarch ;v; i love his characterisation so so much, it fits him so incredibly well. what a handsome lad, I'd also be interested in owning this boi <3

hey, i'm dawn!
they/them | young adult
trade thread

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Delta Dawn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups