Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Pieta by Taxidea

Based on Click to view
Artist Taxidea [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Taxidea

Pieta

Postby Taxidea » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:46 am

I am waaaaaayyyyy too picky!

The amazing Pandapop made me this lovely OC (bottom left) based on a crazy palette I gave them complete with my strange requests for a bird and feathers. And it is glorious!

Sadly, I am so picky and ridiculous that I decided this OC needed an entirely new palette, so I found one that I really liked and redid all the colors. And then I couldn't figure out if I liked the green ears with the red/orange/yellow spots or the yellow/orange ears with the red/orange/yellow/green spots. So I'm posting both hoping that others can help me settle my personal debate.

This is very much a comfort OC for me based on my childhood stuffed animal and needing something to squeeze because I euthanized my dog last week.

Halp
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pieta

Postby Pandapop » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:45 am

ahhhh I love these!!

Personally I kind of like... both? Like... the green inner ears compliments/matches the green on the tail, but the orange looks really good too? Maybe make a bit of a gradient or something between the two, like on the tail spot? Unless that's too much? Idk but they look great.

And I'm so sorry about your pup... I know too well what that feels like, I've gone through it several times myself... it's hard and you'll never forget them, but you just gotta remember that they left this world knowing you loved them.❤
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taxidea » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:13 am

Pandapop wrote:ahhhh I love these!!

Personally I kind of like... both? Like... the green inner ears compliments/matches the green on the tail, but the orange looks really good too? Maybe make a bit of a gradient or something between the two, like on the tail spot? Unless that's too much? Idk but they look great.

And I'm so sorry about your pup... I know too well what that feels like, I've gone through it several times myself... it's hard and you'll never forget them, but you just gotta remember that they left this world knowing you loved them.❤

Thank you! She was the best dog, and the first animal I owned that was mine and not my family's. Fortunately, my husband fell in love with her too and is going above and beyond putting together a memorial for her. <3

Also huge thanks for your amazing original design. I like your idea of messing around with more of a gradient for the ears. I did that at first and they looked exactly like the eyes (which have the green/orange/yellow) and I think I gave up :roll: But I should try with the colors in a different order. Why did I not think of that before?
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandapop » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:06 am

Taxidea wrote:Thank you! She was the best dog, and the first animal I owned that was mine and not my family's. Fortunately, my husband fell in love with her too and is going above and beyond putting together a memorial for her. <3

Also huge thanks for your amazing original design. I like your idea of messing around with more of a gradient for the ears. I did that at first and they looked exactly like the eyes (which have the green/orange/yellow) and I think I gave up :roll: But I should try with the colors in a different order. Why did I not think of that before?

That sounds amazing. <3

If I had to choose between the two, I'd say the top one with the orange inner ears. Man I just really love the color scheme you chose! The spots remind me of a sunset over a lagoon or something, and the neutral base really pulls it all together.
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me