Artist lovage [gallery]
Time spent 15 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

kalon readoptions - vannessa and elsie

Postby lovage » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:47 am

elsie is on oekaki but i don’t have access to it. proof of ownership

vanessa has two slots left while elsie has one slot left. and, you may enter for both, and both have the same prompt.

if this kalon lived in a world where they are given a predetermined role in life, what is it and how do they react to it (live it out, go against it, etc)? an example is a comic about a character with main character syndrome. there is a thousand word maximum per kalon, and any extra words may be used to describe the character further. the remaining words of one kalon don’t count for the other kalon if you enter for both. extensions may be asked for.

Code: Select all
username;
which one?; vanessa and/or elsie
name;
prompt; (1000 maximum)
(optional: any remaining words can be used as an extra)

end date;
30th of may at rollover
Last edited by lovage on Sun May 16, 2021 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon readoptions - vannessa and elsie

Postby lovage » Sat May 01, 2021 8:57 am

bump
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Sat May 01, 2021 10:58 am

username; SilentMelody
    which one?; Vanessa & Elsie
    name; Valerie & Daisy

Valerie and Daisy are stuck with the trope of forbidden love. The only problem is... why is it forbidden? The two live in a modern world with fairly normal lifestyles and haven't had any situations regarding their relationship. They have small skirmishes and arguments, but otherwise have a lot in common considering their hobbies. Their families get along and are supportive of them.

The two of them never understood why this role was given to them. Despite what they were told, they continue to love each other and proudly show that to the rest of the world. Why should their love be forbidden to them?

To put it plainly, they go against the trope. They don't believe that love is forbidden in any shape or form, especially for them. In fact, they're activists for places that have strict rules and regulations about love so that everyone can experience it. Valerie and Daisy travel the world when they can, showing how much they love each other to be an example. They want to show everyone that they don't have to go along with a trope or an assigned role in a story. If anyone is the main character of their own journey, they should be able to make their own decisions.

The two of them don't see themselves as main characters, but they're writing their own story.
Last edited by SilentMelody on Mon May 17, 2021 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby captain dude » Sun May 02, 2021 7:15 am

username; captain dude
which one?; Elsie
name; Annie
prompt;

Do you believe in fate? Destiny?

Well, after all I’ve been through, I certainly do.

Life’s been good to me. Call me a “golden boy” (er, gal) but I just seem to do great at everything I touch.

And trust me, I’ve tried to fail before but I just can’t seem to do so. I grew up in a small town, at a small high school, where I was the big fish in that little pond. Straight As, homecoming queen, teacher’s pet. I was something of a champion for our little town. There were a few times when I tried to be the bad girl, but everyone took it as a big joke. Tests I skipped studying for I somehow still aced, softball practices I missed to go to the movies were cancelled day-of, concerts I shirked were cancelled due to rain. Everybody knew my name and adored me. Afterward high school, I went to work on my family’s farm. I didn’t really want to go to college; I’ve never been able to sit still. Maybe someday, but I just don’t feel... ready, y’know? I love the thrill and grind of hard, dangerous work. Plus there’s much more money to be had in farming.

I love working with my family. Nothing feels like a chore when you’re doing it next to people you love. We’ve been growing a wide variety of crops and animals for generations out here. But my favorite work? Managing our herd of rodeo stallions. Er, or rodeo stallions in training. Papa’s only let me work with those horses about a year ago. It’s risky and challenging but it definitely pays well. And riding them is the best feeling in the world, my long hair whipping in the wind as I hang on for dear life.

I mean, sure, there’s been a couple of close calls but with my strange luckiness, it’s all been okay. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I’ve been training the latest batch for the past year, and I’m thinking it’s time to bring them to their first rodeo. If my luck has anything to do with it, I’ll end up winning for sure.

I load my favorites, Double Trouble, Grasshopper Jean, and Blue Huey, into their trailer and we’re off to the rodeo. As you can imagine, I go through a mountain of paperwork but I can feel the thrill as I button up my leather jacket and don my hat. It’s like electricity in my veins. I know I can’t lose. There’s no way. I’m just too lucky (and besides, I’ve worked way too hard) to lose.

I excitedly wait for my name to be called for the first event. As I’m up on deck, I get into the pen with Blue Huey, sweaty paw gripping the saddle. The door opens and I cling on right. I feel myself losing my grip.

No, I think to myself. I can’t lose. There’s just no way. I never lose.

But then I feel my paw slip from the saddle and a moment later, I hit the gravel.

I’m in shock. What?!? I thought I could never lose?

Stunned and a bit scared, I pick up my hat and shuffle back to the box to watch the rodeo clowns get control of Huey and wait for the second event.

A wave of self doubt washes over me. What if I really wasn’t as great as I thought I was?

The second event, barrel racing, comes and I’m to be the last to go. The competition is fierce. I’ve never seen so many good barrel racers in one place. As my turn comes up, I climb onto Double Trouble and gallop out there, cutting as close as possible on those turns around the metal barrels. When I finish the course, I look up at the timer with mixed feelings.

Second place. As I walk back to the horse trailer to put Trouble away and watch the rest of the rodeo events, my parents rush at me, enveloping me in a hug.

“Honey, we’re so proud of you,” my mom says. “You got back up and tried again, even after the first event.”

“I didn’t place first, you guys,” I tell them.

“But you tried again,” my dad says with a smile. “Persistence is what makes you a winner. They don’t give second prizes to just anyone, especially a newbie.”

That’s when it clicks. Maybe hard work and persistence get you further than just luck or talent. And working hard is what will make me a champion. I vow to myself that day that no matter how many times life knocks me down, I’d get back up again and keep on trying. And that attitude is worth all the luck in the world.

(optional: any remaining words can be used as an extra)
captain dude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Sun May 16, 2021 12:08 pm

bump
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Mon May 24, 2021 12:50 pm

lovage wrote:
    bump
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Sat May 29, 2021 10:33 am

username; Ucanthandleme
which one?; vanessa
name; Gar
prompt;
A villain.

It truly was a stereotypical villain beginning, a tragic backstory fit for a hero… unfortunately he was destined to be the villain. His childhood consisted of many wonderful memories, a kind mother, a wise father and adorable little sister. This however came to an end when he turned ten, the king pinned a false crime on his father's head leading to the execution of his whole family.

Like all twists, he survived. From then on his life was filled with misery, the place he called home from then on was a massive dump where orphans and beggars spent their days. Life was cruel, he quickly learned the rules of survival of the fittest, it didn't help that although he did not die with his family he was left blind and alone. He slowly crawled up the pecking order and by the age of 18 he was the king of the underground. Such a life was good, no need to worry for money or food, shelter was always available and there was a plethora of people at his calling. But like all villains he longed for revenge.

But like all great stories in a twist of fate the king died. So how was he to take his revenge? Most villains in this moment would decide to pin revenge on the king's child, a prince soon to be king. Then some sort of melodramatic romance triangle would begin where he and said prince would fall in love with the same woman, said woman would eventually choose the prince, then he would be shattered and decide to kill the prince leading to his eventual execution. However, there was one big problem with the typical villain/hero scenario… he didn't like women and the prince was 100 percent his type.

optional:
Dressed in black Gar looked longingly at the prince, his golden hair draped over his shoulder like a waterfall, his piercing green eyes illuminated by the bright red gown he wore. Giving a sigh Gar walked forward quickly pulling the prince into his grasp. Leaning down he gave a small smirk at the shocked expression on the prince's face and with a nasty smirk spoke, "Your father executed my family, but now your father is dead you have to pay the price, hence from now on I'm going to keep you captive by my side!"

Expecting a strong reaction of resistance he held on a little tighter but soon realised the prince below was not moving at all. Looking down he saw the prince's bright smile, almost as bright as the sun, looking straight at him. The prince quickly clasped his hand, an excited expression on his face, "Really! You'll really take me away!? I really hate being the prince. It's truly too much work and far too boring." Looking at the prince with a gobsmacked expression Gar couldn't speak. He truly didn't expect this.

And so it turns out from the beginning this was never a hero vs villain story, instead it was a romance plot of the underworld boss and prince.

511/1000

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:59 pm

after some considerations, i’ve decided on the winners.
      elsie - captain dude
      vanessa - ucanthandleme

i enjoyed both forms, and i’ll get the forms ready sometime in the morning for me.
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:04 pm

Ahhhh, thanks so much! I will take great care of Gar.

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby captain dude » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:22 am

Ahhhhh, thank you so much! My beautiful girl will be so treasured in my AU!
captain dude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me