Based on Click to view
Artist deertush [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Alkine 1

Postby deertush » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:50 pm

Ends Thursday 22nd

What is a fear this alkine had to overcome in their lifetime?

Code: Select all
Username:
Sex: Female
Answer:

Feel free to pretty up your form!
Winner will be judged on effort + answer.

Howdy!
I'm deer and I enjoy
natural history, taxidermy, dog training
animal crossing, homesteading, and art
DeviantArt - Lioden - Wolvden - Twitter

ImageImage
deertush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Alkine 1

Postby Queen Vivane » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:43 am

Username: Queen Vivane
Answer: Fear of the dark

Despite the fact that she can see in the dark like most mammal species it's still always been scary and unnerving. Though the fear never got worse, it still took many long years to even begin to improve. Most of the time it was barely there and she could forget by focusing on other things, burying herself in pulling supplies or even people throughout the land. She was thankful of course that once the humans somehow understood that she was afraid of the dark they began working with her instead of against her.

It wasn't a terribly bad case and yet still she always felt as though she wasn't doing right by the humans, not being able to work in the night like some of the others. The humans never seemed to mind and treated her with respect, some even going as far as to stay with her during the dark hours so she had something to concentrate on rather than how dark it was. They slowly worked on easing her fears about the dark, starting with a bright light source and gradually decreasing the brightness as time went by until just a soft barely-there glow. Eventually with the help provided she began to fear the dark less and less. The fear never fully faded but it became miles better with the gentle kindness she received
Last edited by Queen Vivane on Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shenaniigans » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:03 pm

Username: Shenaniigans
Answer: Worry.

Always worrying about what might go wrong is her biggest flaw. It’s a way of staying prepared, she tells herself, since thinking through what she would do in each scenario that runs through her head helps her know what to do should the situation actually happen. In truth, however, she knows she worries to the extreme. And so she learns to tread lightly, to never voice herself or intervene unless she’s absolutely sure she’s doing the right thing. But when is anyone ever 100% certain of anything? Often, she thinks so much she ends up doing nothing out of sheer bewilderment of what to do.

Such worries often pop up in her head: “Am I doing enough for friends and loved ones?”,”Am i doing the right thing at the right time?” “Arm I speaking too loudly right now? Did I offend them? What are they thinking of me right now?” She always worries if she’s enough. Many find her meek and quiet personality endearing, but she silently resents that she can’t be as carefree and confident as those she envies.
shenaniigans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koikee » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:54 pm

This contest has been judged by staff. Congratulations, shenaniigans! You have been picked to be the winner. C:

shenaniigans wrote:
Username: Shenaniigans
Answer: Worry.

Always worrying about what might go wrong is her biggest flaw. It’s a way of staying prepared, she tells herself, since thinking through what she would do in each scenario that runs through her head helps her know what to do should the situation actually happen. In truth, however, she knows she worries to the extreme. And so she learns to tread lightly, to never voice herself or intervene unless she’s absolutely sure she’s doing the right thing. But when is anyone ever 100% certain of anything? Often, she thinks so much she ends up doing nothing out of sheer bewilderment of what to do.

Such worries often pop up in her head: “Am I doing enough for friends and loved ones?”,”Am i doing the right thing at the right time?” “Arm I speaking too loudly right now? Did I offend them? What are they thinking of me right now?” She always worries if she’s enough. Many find her meek and quiet personality endearing, but she silently resents that she can’t be as carefree and confident as those she envies.
Koikee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me