Based on Click to view
Artist Loelya [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

STA #001 - Journey

Postby Loelya » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:39 pm

This is a writing competition!
On a long journey, something catches this character's eye, and they take the time to leave the road and investigate.
To win them, tell me: what was it about this place or thing that was so interesting that they would be willing to delay their trip?

200 words minimum, 750 words maximum please

Form:
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Adopt Name:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

accessories are removable
The winner should credit my art tumblr "fihyn-art" please, instead of my CS profile, for the design. ^^

This will end at CS rollover to March 12th!

This contest is now closed!
Winner:
ThousandSounds wrote:Username: ThousandSounds
Adopt Name: Basil
Last edited by Loelya on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: STA #001 - Journey

Postby Griffin Torrens » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:45 am

Big old mark, I've fallen in love with this kid

Username: Griffin Torrens
Adopt Name: Parasol
Prompt:

[ it deleted itself before I posted/clicked preview and now I don't think I have the energy to rewrite it, good luck everyone ;-;]
Last edited by Griffin Torrens on Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Griffin Torrens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThousandSounds » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:46 pm

Username: ThousandSounds
Prompt: the original was around 900 words, so I had to cut a lot of good story just to narrow it down to 750

A chill yet warm day passed as the calm footsteps of the creature strode the path. He was on a mission, a journey, and he didn't stop believing. Basil had stopped to look in the path he was about to embark. He knew his journey was almost over. Resuming step he trekked trough the woods when something from the corner of his left eye caused him to gasp tenderly as he gazed in the derail. It was so beautiful, so blue, it was almost getting dark - enhancing the beauty of this mysterious wisp. Intrigue caused him to creep closer, he wanted to know where the trail of light will lead him, even if he didn't think so or simply wasn't aware of it. I mean there had to be a reason for it to summon him, right?

"What are you?"

was all he asked in his head. as he took step in following leading him deeper into the forest, every level of depth became darker, there was hardly little to no light, he had to step lightly but quickly as he elegantly weaved his way through the bushes and low branches. It didn't look alive but it wasn't dead either, almost like a blue mouse made of pure air, almost like a little spirit mouse, leaping across the forest floor almost like a slow dance.

"Where are you taking me.."

Basil couldn't see anything but the trails of bioluminescence and the baby wisp that guided him.

"What is this place', and why are you leading me here"

Was all he thought as he ran through the foliage and plantation. His feet felt like they weren't touching the ground no longer, it almost felt like he was running through the air. He gazed long and curiously up at the sky. it was almost like a temple. But only the very tip of it.

"Can you read my mind?"

He asked himself as he watched the tiny life force weave through the lands like there was no obstacle, eventually looking back at him to make sure he's still behind. His paws were going numb he'd been on the move for so long. He almost couldn't feel the dirty beneath him anymore, his eyes were heavy and weary, he had to keep pushing on.

"I don't know who you are. I don't know where I'm going. I want to know, where it is you're taking me. Is it someplace wonderful? Is it somewhere unknown? Could it be you're taking me home? Do you.. know where home is?
Can you read my mind? It feels like you're showing me things I've never thought to exist. Are you my imagination? or perhaps could we be meant together? Are you my spirit, my guide? If you are.. My guide, your elegant majesty, where from do you hail... What is your purpose for me on this journey?"

Basil Breathed, he huffed running low on energy to keep going, he needed to slow down, to rest. But if he did that he would lose track, he'd lose his little spirit guide, his path, there'd be no way out of here if he stopped now.

"I've helped so many people on this road, it feels like it'll never end, they're all taught me something they've all got something. My guide, if you can hear me, please, I beg of you - tell me where I'm going.
Read my mind, I promise you wherever thy go, I shall not be far behind. Whenever you need someone to run to, to fly to, I will be here for you.. Just please.. Tell me."

Stopping at the front of the doorway, ancient runes encrypted in in it. He pressed himself lightly against it as everything in the room went dark. He knew he was in a sacred place, the old sand colored walls of stone, he opened his eyes to see he was being bestowed golden gifts. it was so beautiful, the way it sparkled and danced in the darkness, he closed his eyes once more and rested his paw on this trinket, a surge of light and power shot through his body, and he fell unconscious.

Awaking he found himself by the exit of a tunnel, he pushed himself to his feet and began to march on out of the tunnel, his eyes stinging and shutting as the warm sun hit his vision, he looked around adjusting, as saw one of the most beautiful lands ever, and He knew - He was home.
Last edited by ThousandSounds on Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:05 am

quick reminder that this will end in 8 hours. ^^
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SmilePup » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:01 am

Username: Smilepup
Adopt Name: Lumi
Prompt: Lumi was walking to his home- where, that is, would be decided once he found it. He had been driven from his old home by a group of bandits, thieves, and other such things. One he had met, a light purple bandit with bright yellow eyes, had let him go, although they were meant to kill him. It all seemed so much like a dream to him. He sighed, looking at the road ahead. He looked to the side, and- whoa. A big, bright castle loomed in front of him- it was old, but still beautiful. It was falling in small places, but honestly? The design was breathtaking. Large towers with small stone dragons watched Lumi from above. The door was adorned in writing, and was huge. Lumi walked over, his eyes shining in wonder. He had never seen a real castle and- it seemed no one lived here. It wasn't what he thought he would live in- he was thinking he would have to hide in a cave or such- but this...this was something. He wondered why, but then dismissed it. This would be his new home, one where he would rule. King Lumi. He liked the sound of that.
SmilePup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:09 pm

closed for judging! β™‘
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:22 am

ThousandSounds wrote:Username: ThousandSounds
Prompt: the original was around 900 words, so I had to cut a lot of good story just to narrow it down to 750

[snip]

I appreciate the feedback! I may raise the word cap on the next adopt prompt. ^^

anyways, congratulations! I'm going to be sending Basil home with you, I hope you enjoy him! I'll add you to the oekaki canvas shortly.
remember to credit my art tumblr (instead of my cs profile) for the art/design, and please don't remove my sig when uploading the image elsewhere.

thank you to everyone for entering!
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThousandSounds » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:23 am

Awesome! Thank you so much Loe! <3

If you have TH feel free to pm me that instead, otherwise I'll link to your Tumblr
ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:28 am

ThousandSounds wrote:Awesome! Thank you so much Loe! <3

If you have TH feel free to pm me that instead, otherwise I'll link to your Tumblr

I do have a TH but I only use it for storage and not as a social, so I'd still prefer my art Tumblr to be linked~ ^^ thank you!
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups